The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

When the band -- or whoever is the clown behind GN'R's social media -- posts about us needing a bit of patience, and assuming they are coignant of the massive rumours about a reunion spreading, they are either actually implying we will hear news about a reunion soon, or they are being jerks for deliberately posting ambigious posts that will obviously further stimulate reunion rumours.

I'm not even sure that whoever runs their social media knows what Guns N' Roses is.

It's Fernando. That's the only person who is doing the posting for GNR, except on Axl's own Twitter account.

This is what makes Fernando a manager: he posts idiotic shit on GNR's social media accounts. That's the reason GNR's social media is so utterly moronic: you can tell a bona-fide moron is doing the posting. Imagine if Apple Computers posted on social media the way Fernando posts: pictures of Taylor Momsen (because Fernando probably wants her), endless puns on "Sweet CHILD o mine" hahahahaha a picture of a baby!!!!! Endless puns on PATIENCE hahahahahahaha he's so clever!

John Corabi and Marco Mendosa are asked about a GN'R reunion, while on tour with Richard and Dizzy.

"That is one band that everybody would love to see all of the original members get back together...they would be doing soccer and football stadiums multiple nights all around the world."

@5:30

• Like 1

When the band -- or whoever is the clown behind GN'R's social media -- posts about us needing a bit of patience, and assuming they are coignant of the massive rumours about a reunion spreading, they are either actually implying we will hear news about a reunion soon, or they are being jerks for deliberately posting ambigious posts that will obviously further stimulate reunion rumours.

I'm not even sure that whoever runs their social media knows what Guns N' Roses is.

It's Fernando. That's the only person who is doing the posting for GNR, except on Axl's own Twitter account.

This is what makes Fernando a manager: he posts idiotic shit on GNR's social media accounts. That's the reason GNR's social media is so utterly moronic: you can tell a bona-fide moron is doing the posting. Imagine if Apple Computers posted on social media the way Fernando posts: pictures of Taylor Momsen (because Fernando probably wants her), endless puns on "Sweet CHILD o mine" hahahahaha a picture of a baby!!!!! Endless puns on PATIENCE hahahahahahaha he's so clever!

Yeah, I had a hunch it was Fernando. I hope he's paid well. I mean posting skateboard fails on GNR's site when the fanbase is utterly starving for news regarding either new music or the nonstop reunion rumors is a tough gig. Bloody shame that Guns N' Roses is essentially being run by Axl's retarded step-brother. ::sigh::

• Like 1

John Corabi and Marco Mendosa are asked about a GN'R reunion, while on tour with Richard and Dizzy.

"That is one band that everybody would love to see all of the original members get back together...they would be doing soccer and football stadiums multiple nights all around the world."

@5:30

When did Steven Tyler grow a beard?

We need to be patient. This is something huge, it has to be done properly.

It's a rock band, bro.

This stuff really isn't that hard.

I´m afraid it is hard.

Who is gonna be the band manager?

Are they going to reestablish the old partnership among old band members?

Is Axl willing to give up ownership of the name?

Sorry I don´t think these issues are very easy to fix unfortunately :shrugs:

It would be......if this had never happened before. I agree that there are a lot of negotiating that needed to take place.

But at the end of the day this is still just a rock band. It shouldn't take six months or a year to work through it all.

We need to be patient. This is something huge, it has to be done properly.

It's a rock band, bro.

This stuff really isn't that hard.

I´m afraid it is hard.

Who is gonna be the band manager?

Are they going to reestablish the old partnership among old band members?

Is Axl willing to give up ownership of the name?

Sorry I don´t think these issues are very easy to fix unfortunately :shrugs:

Agreed completely. I mean think about it.. Going into appetite for destruction it was easy because all those guys had nothing. Now they're all rich with families and they're different, sober, hopefully level headed people. Everything needs to be figured out.. On top of what you said yeah, who's going to be the managers? How will each member travel? Will axl have the decency to show up on time? I'd guess to some sort of gag order will be in for a Steven Adler type to make sure he doesn't just run his mouth or say something negative to the press every time he feels negative.. Etc. it goes on and on. I mean hell, axl had a list backstage in 1992 about his demands back stage, as ridiculous as it was they all will have lists and expectations. Do their families come on the road..?

Lots of questions with lots of answers needed to be legally agreed upon. I wish it was as simple as just getting them in a room to start jamming but it isn't with any big band, and since nobody has probably forgotten about the messy split completely as it is, they'll need everything legally agreed upon. I think it'll all work out but who knows if/when anything will happen...

Just kill the families. Kill them so we can return to 1987.

Are you retarded? Get lost, loser.

Let's not let their families interfere with our reunion.

I've always said Ash Hudson is the one major obstacle standing in the way of a reunion.

Well, I think it's kinda obvious that Axl sometimes rehearse, maybe not with the band. I mean, come on guys, what are the chances an artist his size - pun not intended, I swear - wouldn't? Maybe he doesn't do with the band - although GNR once posted on Instagram a pic of Axl onstage during a soundcheck or something, remember? -, maybe he rehearses only by himse... Wait, I just remembered the School Bridge concert. Fuck that. Perhaps Axl doesn't rehearse at all indeed :lol:

Strep throat.. like seriously do you think if you don't sing for a while your voice suddenly sounds like that? lol

The quality of the voice itself is the minimum on that incident. He somehow messed up lyrics of You're Crazy and Welcome To The Jungle.

Well, I think it's kinda obvious that Axl sometimes rehearse, maybe not with the band. I mean, come on guys, what are the chances an artist his size - pun not intended, I swear - wouldn't? Maybe he doesn't do with the band - although GNR once posted on Instagram a pic of Axl onstage during a soundcheck or something, remember? -, maybe he rehearses only by himse... Wait, I just remembered the School Bridge concert. Fuck that. Perhaps Axl doesn't rehearse at all indeed :lol:

Strep throat.. like seriously do you think if you don't sing for a while your voice suddenly sounds like that? lol

The quality of the voice itself is the minimum on that incident. He somehow messed up lyrics of You're Crazy and Welcome To The Jungle.

Yeah, think he choked during Jungle and lyrics went out the window. He was fine on YC though was he not? Also do you remember, was this a 2 night thing or am I making that up?

Just kill the families. Kill them so we can return to 1987.

Are you retarded? Get lost, loser.

Let's not let their families interfere with our reunion.

Or the next album...Or coherent tour that isn't a lazy residency, South American vacation or sporadic festivals.....Or literally anything that a real manager and not a retarded step-brother could muster up. #yourargumentisnotsound

This is getting annoying

We're way past "annoying" at this point. We're in one of those "blow your fucking brains out" periods of GNR at the moment.

I just check the forum once a day and assume there's nothing significant. There usually isn't. Edited by Gibson_Guy87

Yeah, all the speculation and rumours died down after Friday's no-show. Well, this article on VR reappeared recently.

http://www.nola.com/voodoofest/index.ssf/2015/12/scott_weiland_velvet_revolver.html

"Axl made it an Axl thing, but it really wasn't," McKagan said. "He never wrote any of the music. That was part of the reason it broke up, because we'd play shows and he'd say, 'Here's a song I wrote about . . .' and it would be a song he had nothing to do with."

Did Axl actually ever do that?

Either way, the 'never wrote any of the music' bit isn't true. Let's call the whole reunion off!

I can't think what song he is refering to. Maybe something like Estranged or Nov Rain where he talks about them as his songs.

I guess Axl would do rants to songs like Double Talking Jive that had nothing to do with the song really.

My guess is he would refering to lyrics of the song and not really giving the band credit in a live setting.

Generally they must have just got the hump because Axl was stealing the show. But acting like a rock god is kind of the singers job. He's the frontman he's going to get a lot of attention. He's the focal point.

• Like 2

Yeah, all the speculation and rumours died down after Friday's no-show. Well, this article on VR reappeared recently.

http://www.nola.com/voodoofest/index.ssf/2015/12/scott_weiland_velvet_revolver.html

"Axl made it an Axl thing, but it really wasn't," McKagan said. "He never wrote any of the music. That was part of the reason it broke up, because we'd play shows and he'd say, 'Here's a song I wrote about . . .' and it would be a song he had nothing to do with."

Either way, the 'never wrote any of the music' bit isn't true. Let's call the whole reunion off!

I can't think what song he is refering to. Maybe something like Estranged or Nov Rain where he talks about them as his songs.

I guess Axl would do rants to songs like Double Talking Jive that had nothing to do with the song really.

My guess is he would refering to lyrics of the song and not really giving the band credit in a live setting.

Generally they must have just got the hump because Axl was stealing the show. But acting like a rock god is kind of the singers job. He's the frontman he's going to get a lot of attention. He's the focal point.

I remember reading those quotes from Duff when he said them around the time VR was taking off. At the time I was taken aback because it was the first time Duff had been negative towards Axl. My brother and I tried to figure out what he was referring to and from studying bootlegs there were a few instances in '91 where Axl introduced' Right Next Door To Hell "as a song he wrote when in reality it was a Duff, slash and Izzy collaboration that Axl only added to later.

I remember reading those quotes from Duff when he said them around the time VR was taking off. At the time I was taken aback because it was the first time Duff had been negative towards Axl. My brother and I tried to figure out what he was referring to and from studying bootlegs there were a few instances in '91 where Axl introduced' Right Next Door To Hell "as a song he wrote when in reality it was a Duff, slash and Izzy collaboration that Axl only added to later.

The whole pre-VR period was weird to begin with as far as their attitudes toward Axl. It felt like the only time where ALL of them seemed outright antagonistic toward Axl. The general feeling seems to be from their comments on the subject since then was that they were sick and tired of hearing about Axl in every interview they did. They wanted their own identity.

And it does have to feel shitty for someone to take credit for something you did 4-5 nights a week in front of at minimum 20,000 people for the better part of two years. I mean there are quite a few songs where the band even wrote the lyrics, right? How many songs did Axl pick up a guitar or sit behind a piano and write a whole song? NR, Estranged? All he had to say was "we wrote" instead of "I wrote." But hey, there's Axl rose in a nutshell for you.

Niven slso attributed that song to Axl. It's about that neighbour Axl hit with a wine bottle.

Axl also said this is an Izzy Stradlin song.

The whole Axl thing is just wrong. Remember Duff doing a drum solo with Matt? Doing Attitude?

Slash playing The Godfather theme?

Izzy singing Dust N Bones himself.

I guess Axl did tell stories about songs like Jungle or OTGM. But he's a showman. He wrote the lyrics to a lot of songs.

I think Duff has aknowledged that Axl did a lot of cool stuff that they didn't get at the time. Like the whistling he mentioned.

It's just not common for the singer to say before we start this song I want everyone to know I didn't write the music, Izzy wrote the riff and Slash and Duff made it happen, I just sing the lyrics. Sorry about that.

Well let's be honest here: Axl himself stated that Slash should never have been in GNR.

That statement alone lays bare his utter disconnect from reality. In Ax's mind, had Salsh never been in GNR, SCOM would still exist: Axl would just have hired DJ or ROn or Bob or TOm or Headbucket or LIm Biksit and he would've directed them how to write SCOM.

when did he say that? are you talking about the cancer comment? or did he flat out say Slash should have never been in the band?

i always thought Axl had respect for Slash from a playing stand point he just had qualms with his character

@1:19 is clear respect to Slash....if he some time later said something as stupid as what you said then i think he was just frustrated and didn't mean it

Edited by -W.A.R-

I think its always been pretty clear that the band ( Slash,Duff,Izzy) wrote the music. Axl had direct input on songs like November Rain where he told Matt to play certain fills or the Sweet Child riff, where he spotted the diamond in Slash's * exercise- throwaway riff. Lyrically you can find the answers in Liner notes.