The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Following this band for 20 years has been a major pain in the ass. At this point just give me a f'n website with all the Illusions shows pro-shot so I can cherry pick and buy whichever I want.

That's all I want at this point.

You just missed out on when they were the best band on the planet

I'm seriously feeling nostalgic. The 1st time I saw them was Dallas, 1987 at the Bronco Bowl opening for the Cult. Guns ******* tore the roof off the place. Ian Astbury announced that, if there was a man in the room with hair longer than his, then he would suck his ****

I could only afford 2 albums that year, Appetite was one and Steve Earle's Copperhead Road was the other. Those 2 were the sound of my 1st car.

I edited cause I'm new and don't know your ways. Hi :)

Welcome! You don't need to sensor those swear words.

GNR often reminds me that dialogue in Lost Horizon (Frank Capra):

Chang: There is a tribe of porters some 500 miles from here. That is our only contact with the outside world. Every now and again, depending on favorable weather of course, they make the journey.

George Conway: How do we get in touch with them?

Chang: Well, in that respect, you are exceedingly fortunate. We are expecting a shipment from them almost any time now.

Barnard: Just want to do mean by, almost any time now?

Chang: Well, we've been expecting this particular shipment for the past two years...

axl and slash probably expect to live 200 years or more

Following this band for 20 years has been a major pain in the ass. At this point just give me a f'n website with all the Illusions shows pro-shot so I can cherry pick and buy whichever I want.

That's all I want at this point.

You just missed out on when they were the best band on the planet

I did! I was born in the wrong era.

I've said it before: this is exactly like the behavior of people in "end of the world" cults.

So, what's the general consensus now? Fernando will make the announcement in 2017, to match the 30 yeah anniversary?

Oh also, Axl needs to "finish his commitments" for 2016 first, right? What commitments, exactly? Eating burgers and rich foods and shitting them out?

• Like 3

I wouldn't be shocked if things weren't 100%, and then after Scott died Slash and Duff were like "fuck it, we have to do this NOW or we'll miss our chance." I can't imagine they aren't thinking about how precious life is right now. Its gay, but maybe gay is exactly what was needed to get GNR back together.

• Like 1

I was not supposed to tell this, but I can't hold it inside me. I have reliable inside sources as Im a member of the BNU. I just got a text back from a person who I can't name.

"Hey Bro, things are being worked out, it has not been delayed to 2017, the band will do something in 2016. There will be an announcement before or on Christmas regarding the reunion tour. Axl,Slash and Duff are on board, things have been sorted out between them, there were talks for Steven and Izzy, but nothing has been finalized."

This guy is very close to Axl and his associates, so it seems 2016 is the year.

Whats the BNU ?

it's the bejing normal university. chinese democracy starts now!

Scott dying sucks.

But it isn't the reason an announcement is delayed. It's weird how people always attach a random excuse. They wouldn't do it during thanksgiving. Nor on a Friday. Not when Scott died. Not during or after a terror attack. Not on a Wednesday. Not on Christmas. The excuses just never end.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be shocked if things weren't 100%, and then after Scott died Slash and Duff were like "fuck it, we have to do this NOW or we'll miss our chance." I can't imagine they aren't thinking about how precious life is right now. Its gay, but maybe gay is exactly what was needed to get GNR back together.

I hope so. Or at least I hope that the passing of Scott encourages them to keep Adler involved knowing life is so short..
  • Like 3

Yeah... They were all fucked up at one point.. It just took Steven a lot longer to get his shit together. And it really seems like he has this time. To see that Appetite line up together would make my fucking life.. Dizzy and all..

Edited by Tom-Ass

Yes, this is getting old. Hopefully Friday will force their hand

Nobody is ever going to force Axl's hand. That is truth.
True, but if they announce GNR and Axl doesn't clarify the band that would be odd, would it not?
That would be odd. I can't see it being announced though without clarification from someone though, whether it's just promoters or not as to who is in the band, whether than be from team Brazil, slash, duff, etc. if GNR is announced someone will realistically have to clarify who will be in the band, I just think it would get too messy and out of control and actually be more difficult for axl slash and company to do anything without clarifying their status, whether they're hiding or speaking or not.

One thing I would bet on though is, if Steven Adler is in fact involved (when was the last time anyone talked to him anyways?) there's no way he's keeping a lid on things and not talking about it after Friday. I'd hypothetically guess that if he is now he's jumping up and down somewhere dying to tell someone

Whatever the future holds with GNR. I seriously doubt that Steven Adler will be involved.
So after all this it still won't be the real reunion. Hopefully they can get CD II out in 2016.
Wonder if the unfortunate passing of Scott may even get axl slash and duff to make sure Adler is included and Izzy joins full time. Maybe it won't. I'm just hoping for the best.

Not being a dick or anything, but I really don't see Axl caring too much about Scott's passing.

I think it's difficult to know what he thinks about this sort of thing because he doesn't use social media in the conventional way expected of celebrities. We'll probably find out in a about a decades time that he sent the Weiland family a basket of puppies or something in condolence. Compared to the 80s/90s we hardly know what he thinks about anything and the few things that do go up on twitter are often a bit left field at best.

Yes, this is getting old. Hopefully Friday will force their hand

Nobody is ever going to force Axl's hand. That is truth.
True, but if they announce GNR and Axl doesn't clarify the band that would be odd, would it not?
That would be odd. I can't see it being announced though without clarification from someone though, whether it's just promoters or not as to who is in the band, whether than be from team Brazil, slash, duff, etc. if GNR is announced someone will realistically have to clarify who will be in the band, I just think it would get too messy and out of control and actually be more difficult for axl slash and company to do anything without clarifying their status, whether they're hiding or speaking or not.

One thing I would bet on though is, if Steven Adler is in fact involved (when was the last time anyone talked to him anyways?) there's no way he's keeping a lid on things and not talking about it after Friday. I'd hypothetically guess that if he is now he's jumping up and down somewhere dying to tell someone

Whatever the future holds with GNR. I seriously doubt that Steven Adler will be involved.
So after all this it still won't be the real reunion. Hopefully they can get CD II out in 2016.
Wonder if the unfortunate passing of Scott may even get axl slash and duff to make sure Adler is included and Izzy joins full time. Maybe it won't. I'm just hoping for the best.

Steven wouldn't even make sense... there are so many songs post-appetite he wouldn't be able to play because he lacks the skills as a drummer and I can't imagine that they want to limit themselves songwise only to have him be part of it.

Not being a dick or anything, but I really don't see Axl caring too much about Scott's passing.

No, I doubt he does. I'm just saying I'm sure it'll have some sort of effect on Slash and particularly Duff. They already had their long battle with Axl, and their breakup with Scott was a bit similar. Just another eccentric singer. I would think that at some point it comes into their heads "you know, I know we're all healthy, but one of us could die at any moment. Time to get over the craziness."

But not to attach too much of Scott's death to a GNR reunion. They are two different things. I am only half joking about a reunion not being announced cause of his death. Until a reunion happens, all I can really do is joke about it, cause wanting it more will just lead to disappointment.

In all honesty... I'm starting to doubt a reunion is going to happen.

Maybe this is just me looking into things too much, but GnR social media posted NOTHING about Scott Weiland's death.... IF Slash and Duff were back in GnR, don't you think GnR would've posted something about his death?

Maybe this is just me looking into things too much, but GnR social media posted NOTHING about Scott Weiland's death.... IF Slash and Duff were back in GnR, don't you think GnR would've posted something about his death?

Maybe too obvious? Maybe because these guys all have their own social media stuff so they get it out there? Maybe cause in all honesty, Guns N Roses has NOTHING to do with STP or Scott Weiland? And its not like GNR really posts about other things of this nature.

I'm not saying you're wrong, cause I too am kind of losing hope for a reunion. But I'm just saying THIS isn't the thing thats swaying me. It would make sense Axl and Guns don't post about the former singer of one of his former guitar and bass player's bands. Like, all that kind of checks out and Axl is the last person I'd think to comment on this. Does he even know the guy at all?

Scott dying sucks.

But it isn't the reason an announcement is delayed. It's weird how people always attach a random excuse. They wouldn't do it during thanksgiving. Nor on a Friday. Not when Scott died. Not during or after a terror attack. Not on a Wednesday. Not on Christmas. The excuses just never end.

What a load of rubbish. Whether there will be an announcement or not, anyone in PR or marketing would know not to announce something like this on the day another rockstar dies, or there are terrorist attacks. It's illogical.

Guns N Roses has NOTHING to do with STP or Scott Weiland?

Guns N' Roses' bassist, lead guitarist and (replacement) drummer all collaborated with Scott Weiland. And they played STP songs;

Yes, I'd say GNR does have something to do with Scott Weiland.

And, in my opinion, besides the crazy drug problems Scott always had, him and Axl are of the same mold. People argued Axl was the last true hard-rock frontman. I'd have to put Scott right up there in that same class, honestly.

I stumbled on this gem last night (all the while realizing how much I underrated VR). Watch from 3:35 on... that performance might be more bad ass than I've ever seen Axl put on. Seriously. Scott was gifted. Too bad he couldn't get his shit together.

• Like 1

Scott dying sucks.

What a load of rubbish. Whether there will be an announcement or not, anyone in PR or marketing would know not to announce something like this on the day another rockstar dies, or there are terrorist attacks. It's illogical.
Excuse after excuse after excuse.

How long have the rumors been flying around?

You would have to be completely naive or a pure Axl nutter to think that TB was going to announce the reunion two months ago but keep having to delay it because of random deaths and tragedies.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

Scott dying sucks.

Excuse after excuse after excuse.

Every day there's an excuse.