The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Seriously. My sources told me that the reunion will be announced on March 15, 2016. The next album will also be announced at this time. It will be named after the title track, The Ides of March which features a 5 minute long tambourine solo by Mothergoose Pitman.

I have a feeling that Alternative nation will pick this up.

Seriously. My sources told me that the reunion will be announced on March 15, 2016. The next album will also be announced at this time. It will be named after the title track, The Ides of March which features a 5 minute long tambourine solo by Mothergoose Pitman.

It's true. Axl confirmed Ides of March as a title in 2008. I have my sources. Pitman wasn't going to be in the reunion but Slash really pushed for Axl to keep him around.

It's true. Axl confirmed Ides of March as a title in 2008. I have my sources. Pitman wasn't going to be in the reunion but Slash really pushed for Axl to keep him around.

His backing vocals on Jungle are indispensable!!!

GN’R Are ​​"Days Away" From my ass. Thats where GN'R are.

Not gonna happen, guys. Loose your illusion.

Simply Axl will tour next year with New GNR and in some Dates, Izzy, Duff and Slash will come up to the stage to play some of the classics. Just like it has been in the past but with the addition of Slash for some dates.

I seriously doubt Slash would want (or the fanbase for that matter) to be just a "temp" guitarist, filling in for some songs..especially given his and Axl's previous relationship. IF he comes back he'll have a full slot (sort to speak) and will play the whole set, IMO.

I think that is a debatable point. What is unappealing to Slash about showing up on his terms as a gust star that blows the roof off the place? You're saying he'd rather be locked into a tour with a man he didn't get along with for 2 decades? Think that through.

He would be joining Guns n Roses..his former band and just imagine the publicity..do you really think he would just play a song or two or for that matter, do any partial appearances? If it was any other band than yes..but imagine fanbase uproar if he was just one of the "guest" guitarist..that would be anti-climatic to most of the folks who longed for a reunion. Perhaps, in that case, not having him on the stage would be an easier pill to swallow rather than having him "on and off" sort to speak..

I agree that the fans would rather he be locked in to all dates, but to think Slash would be completely opposed having an open invite to show up whenever he wanted is silly. When Izzy or Duff showed up at shows, who pray tell was like "What this is fucking lame, they're not even in the band!"

Yeah, the fans would like to know Slash will be at every show, but if that doesn't happen, please, by all means, show me the person that is going to complain that the show they went to was ruined because "Slash shows up unannounced and plays 4 songs. 4 songs fucking ruined because I had to listen to Axl and Slash working together again. I should get my money back."

I believe you missunderstood me. Quite the opposite. Most of the fans would not be happy with him just showing up for those 4 songs and than leaving the stage for another "guest" guitarist.

Axl will just hire 2 new guitarists and play his nostalgic shows and there are fools (including me) who will go to watch them, he has been doing this since the past 15 years now. He can do the same thing for the next 5 years and people will go.

Axl will just hire 2 new guitarists and play his nostalgic shows and there are fools (including me) who will go to watch them, he has been doing this since the past 15 years now. He can do the same thing for the next 5 years and people will go.

It would be less nostalgic than Axl Duff n Slash. Doubt they play CD material. Maybe they can play a new song live called Sympathy for the devil feat. Paul Tobias.

What would be that, a third or fourth generation nugnr? The nu nu nu nu band? You have to remember these players get worse with each subsequent line-up. Axl began the millennium with a avant-garde virtuoso (Buckethead) and ended with a cock rock revivalists (DJ Ashba). Taking that into consideration, the next generation would be theoretically worse than DJ! They would be sub-DJ Ashba, guitarists so bad they were turned away at the door of SIXX AM's rehearsal space!

Edited by DieselDaisy

What would be that, a third or fourth generation nugnr? The nu nu nu nu band? You have to remember these players get worse with each subsequent line-up. Axl began the millennium with a avant-garde virtuoso (Buckethead) and ended with a cock rock revivalists (DJ Ashba). Taking that into consideration, the next generation would be theoretically worse than DJ! They would be sub-DJ Ashba, guitarists so bad they were turned away at the door of SIXX AM's rehearsal space!

Yeah but do you think Axl cares?

I do not think Axl has cared since 2010.

More like since 1993.

More like since 1993.

Axl cares. Whether or not you like the people on stage with him is your personal opinion, which is fine. But Axl is a great artist and he cares about his work.

• Like 1

Also ramp up the explosions. Slash should get his own firework show. Actually get a nuke for him to

play on.

Each band member gets a 10 min intro, like wrestlers.
Izzy comes jogging out to reggae songs and images of him riding his harley across the desert.

Steven parachutes in from the ceiling naked and smiling with a crack pipe and a dream, lands right on Frank's face, sticks at hand in the middle of Brownstone, never misses a beat.

Edited by Rovim

More like since 1993.

Axl cares. Whether or not you like the people on stage with him is your personal opinion, which is fine. But Axl is a great artist and he cares about his work.

You tell em girl. To anyone paying attention it is clear that Axl cares a great deal...

About burgers, bacon, sausages...the man loves his food.

More like since 1993.

You tell em girl. To anyone paying attention it is clear that Axl cares a great deal...

Hahaha . Very funny. NOT!

• Like 1

More like since 1993.

Annie, whats wrong if the man loves his food?

Stop your hate for Axl, he is an inspiration for fat people to get more fatter, he inspires people to eat 30 burgers a day, so many fans want man boobies like him.

Have you ever been to the Axl Fest? You have to eat the most amount of burgers and fries in 10 mins to earn that prestigious award, but well how would you know, All you do is make fun of my sweet heart Axl.

More like since 1993.

Annie, whats wrong if the man loves his food?

Stop your hate for Axl, he is an inspiration for fat people to get more fatter, he inspires people to eat 30 burgers a day, so many fans want man boobies like him.

Have you ever been to the Axl Fest? You have to eat the most amount of burgers and fries in 10 mins to earn that prestigious award, but well how would you know, All you do is make fun of my sweet heart Axl.

:facepalm: