The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I'm surprised noone saw this video..and it appears to definatelly make the whole reunion thing, at very least, uncertain...The interview was supposedly given in July 2015 and Slash said he hadn't talked to Axl since 1996. This could mean that his whole "friends with Axl" statement given in August 2015 can merely mean they agreed on some band-related legalities (logos, insignia) and most likely, thru their lawyers..So, to me, unless I totally missed something obvious here, this pretty much shoots down the whole reunion talk, at least for a near future. Kinda dissapointed to be honest but thankfully wasn't holding my hopes too high:

https://youtu.be/IEyIUes9jYg?t=4m33s

This interview is from November 2014, at least that says the description

Ohhh...I missed the description..went by the video post date...well..I'm glad I was WRONG! Thanks for pointing it out! :)

So... we're back on reunion?! :lol:

Yes Sir, we are! :D

• Like 1

The last time I was active on this board, there was a rumour about them all jamming together. Getting together in some rehearsal space and just hanging out. Of course at the time it was too wild to believe. IIRC Trunk may have said something. Anyone remember?

The last time I was active on this board, there was a rumour about them all jamming together. Getting together in some rehearsal space and just hanging out. Of course at the time it was too wild to believe. IIRC Trunk may have said something. Anyone remember?

Steven Adler said on trunks show that people had told him that the band was rehearsing with Matt... So it was based on hearsay. IMHO it didn't happen since slash was on tour at the time..

Axl has not rehearsed with a band since the early 90s.

yeah really. I heard An interview with brain when he said the closest axl came to rehearsing was when he was watching the band rehearsal while sitting in the dark. notice usually when guns have began a new tour over the last several years axls first few shows suck all because he didn't rehearse.

yeah really. I heard An interview with brain when he said the closest axl came to rehearsing was when he was watching the band rehearsal while sitting in the dark. notice usually when guns have began a new tour over the last several years axls first few shows suck all because he didn't rehearse.

I think the last time Axl was confirmed rehearsing with the band was in '06 when he went onto Trunk's radio show (what great memories!)

I think the last time Axl was confirmed rehearsing with the band was in '06 when he went onto Trunk's radio show (what great memories!)

Good point. Although he did just open the door and have us hear them playing. There's no real evidence he actually played with them. Could have been the same as when he just watched them do the set in the morning, although I'd like to think he actually rehearsed. I guess him just being there was a good sign lol. Maybe cause it was Bumble's first gigs and he wanted to make sure everything with him was running smoothly (that he had his bumblebee ears and everything LOL).

Axl/Guns N' Roses tweeted some pictures of Axl rehearsing in 2009 before the first shows in Asia and in 2012 when he was practicing for the first residency. I always assumed he was running through "There was a Time" and "Catcher in the Rye" since those were never played regularly until that residency.

Just curious:

Is there any other reason, other than laziness, Axl wouldn't EVER rehearse? I get that he's done it a few times, and I know its common for singers not to rehearse with the rest of the band, but I have to imagine other singers do do it every now and then. Axl seems completely averse to it, and it just seems weird to me that he wouldn't maybe want to every now and then. Unless he just thinks it doesn't matter whether he sounds good or not.

Personally, I loved seeing Myles rehearse with Slash when I saw them on the Aerosmith/Slash tour. Had tickets for my birthday so I got there early, and all of a sudden Slash and the band, including Myles, come out there and bang through the new single. I get why Slash rehearses, but Myles doesn't HAVE to, but I like that he does. Makes the band really feel like a tight unit, and united to really put on a great show. Its just respectful, which I'm sure Slash didn't experience with Axl or Scott.

"Days away from announcing" and it's almost a month later, leading into months later, then into years later :lol:

yup. Clearly this isn't as close as anyone has reported/ hoped for. Personally I still think every effort is being put into making it happen from he band members to lawyers to promoters, to everyone else outside and in between. If or even when we could hear anything, lord knows. I know I'm not holding my breath but I'm also back to needing to see this actually happen in order to believe it..

Just curious:

Is there any other reason, other than laziness, Axl wouldn't EVER rehearse? I get that he's done it a few times, and I know its common for singers not to rehearse with the rest of the band, but I have to imagine other singers do do it every now and then. Axl seems completely averse to it, and it just seems weird to me that he wouldn't maybe want to every now and then. Unless he just thinks it doesn't matter whether he sounds good or not.

Personally, I loved seeing Myles rehearse with Slash when I saw them on the Aerosmith/Slash tour. Had tickets for my birthday so I got there early, and all of a sudden Slash and the band, including Myles, come out there and bang through the new single. I get why Slash rehearses, but Myles doesn't HAVE to, but I like that he does. Makes the band really feel like a tight unit, and united to really put on a great show. Its just respectful, which I'm sure Slash didn't experience with Axl or Scott.

Anxiety. He once said something about how he felt rehearsing was bad luck or something like that.

However yeah he's been pictured rehearsing several times even in recent years. Definitely not something he does on a regular basis though.

Come to think of it didn't someone say they all rehearsed late into the night last year during the vegas residency, when Doc Neeson died?

Edited by MrSoftie

Just curious:

Anxiety. He once said something about how he felt rehearsing was bad luck or something like that.

However yeah he's been pictured rehearsing several times even in recent years. Definitely not something he does on a regular basis though.

Come to think of it didn't someone say they all rehearsed late into the night last year during the vegas residency, when Doc Neeson died?

At the HOB 2001 show Axl says he felt it was bad luck. And that the audience that night is getting to see a type of live rehearsal or something like that.

Also I think it was stated that Axl got emotional playing the old songs for the first time in a while during rehearsals

Most singers only rehearse once before a tour. Singers are afraid of ruining their voice. But most singers will at least show up, Axl doesn't show up most of the time.

However we do have short clips of Axl rehearsing before 02 VMA's where he's singing in a very low voice

Well, I think it's kinda obvious that Axl sometimes rehearse, maybe not with the band. I mean, come on guys, what are the chances an artist his size - pun not intended, I swear - wouldn't? Maybe he doesn't do with the band - although GNR once posted on Instagram a pic of Axl onstage during a soundcheck or something, remember? -, maybe he rehearses only by himse... Wait, I just remembered the School Bridge concert. Fuck that. Perhaps Axl doesn't rehearse at all indeed :lol:

Edited by ManetsBR

Well, I think it's kinda obvious that Axl sometimes rehearse, maybe not with the band. I mean, come on guys, what are the chances an artist his size - pun not intended, I swear - wouldn't. Maybe he doesn't do with the band - although GNR once posted on Instagram a pic of Axl onstage during a soundcheck or something, remember? -, maybe he rehearses only by himse... Wait, I just remembered the School Bridge concert. Fuck that. Perhaps Axl doesn't rehearse at all indeed :lol:

He was initially at rehearsal during the eddie trunk 2006 interview wasn't he? And the first thing he ever tweeted was something like "so this is a soundcheck...", which would indicate he at least watches the rehearsals before each tour leg....

Axl likes to go all out, so rehearsals aren't really realistic. He isn't to go to that level in an empty room, so it's no help. Maybe he'd have to warm up his voice twice and that's ridiculous. So it's impractical. Real game time is the only answer.

It is happening. Stop looking for reasons it is not. Not one of them have denied this. I wonder why. BECAUSE IT IS PROBABLY TRUE!

Axl since mid 2000s doesnt react to any media reports and comments. When it happens it happens is what is his motto... and why react as it will just escalate.

Slash didnt make any reunion or friendship claims... so people are just speculating. He at best settled some legal disputes coz lawsuits are just eating up money which isnt left a lot in rock n roll nowadays.

Ex members denying reunion plans will escalate coz then people will turn negative and ask WHY? Besides, these rockstars have good representation and management and they wouldve advised him to keep mum coz its keeping them in the news.

If they say yes... then obviously Axl will turn negative.... coz he is someone who wants things to come out once its ready organically.

Axls old and with a band that didnt reach the level he wanted to. Its not a solo band like he says.... so theres hardly any motivation left to release new material or old material. Going out again recruiting new players will be pretty tedious.

Besides... Axl and Slash need to resolve their problems on a personal level. The business side is settling and they dont need necessarily to be on stage with the whole band like KISS to prove that they love each other now. At best I see Slash talking to the media a few years later that they met at a diner or something and had a chat.

Edited by Darkness Descends
  • Like 1

Besides... Axl and Slash need to resolve their problems on a personal level. The business side is settling and they dont need necessarily to be on stage with the whole band like KISS to prove that they love each other now. At best I see Slash talking to the media a few years later that they met at a diner or something and had a chat.

Obviously I really really want a reunion, but I would be fine with that if they just met up at some point and hashed out their differences. On a personal level, it would just be nice for them to get all that stuff out and done with.

I could easily see them never appearing on stage together again. It seems like it always happens with everyone, but it really wouldn't surprise me if they were the exception. Cause its not money driven. Like people like the Eagles just love money too much not to. Same with KISS. Axl, for all he's worth, has never truly been about that (at least in the backing down and giving in to what people want sort of thing) and I can't ever imagine Slash will need the money that bad. Obviously it would help, but he IS an icon. I have to imagine he's set for life and for his kids.

It would suck to wait, but I'd be absolutely fine hearing in 10 years from Slash that the two of them sat down and were civil. And maybe call each other every now and then. Mainly cause I think it would be good for Axl. He's getting older, and I just hope he doesn't feel full of regret. It really does seem like it all affects him so personally and irrationally, so I would hope that at some point in his life if it isn't a reunion tour, that he at least mends his fences with Slash. I could just see that being something thats really comforting for the guy, despite the fact that I don't know him and I'm probably just dreaming.

Having said that, I am still hoping GNR goes out with a bang and not a whimper. I want that world domination reunion tour, more than Zep, more than anything. For bands that are still alive and able to do it, no one's even close to them for me.

• Like 1