The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I can see there being some twist to the reunion, like Axls retiring or something after its done. But to deny that its happening at this point is ridiculous.

Fine with me. I don't really care to be honest. I wouldn't think Axl could keep up being in shape anyway. But I really just want to see Axl and Slash together on stage. Whatever happens after that, I truly couldn't care less. Obviously I want the band to continue and have a whole new rebirth, but if it doesn't at least I saw it once.

Jesus shut the fuck up Mitch Lafon.

Also, does anyone else find it hysterical that Kushner, VR member that has nothing to do with GNR, currently has more in his favor to be part of the reunion than Matt, VR member that yknow actually played with classic GNR on their albums and tour? Who would have thought Matt Sorum would be the only surviving VR member NOT in a Guns reunion.

Yup. I really don't get why Dave might be involved. Bring Gilby FFS.

People still wanna argue that Eddie Trunk is worse?

I mean I'd vote no trunk isn't worse. Trunk really hasn't speculated on who would be in or out of the band. I don't completely distrust Mitch I just think he's completely speculating. I think he's trying to analyze and read between the lines but I think he's reading a little too much.

I'm gonna vote Izzy Adler and sorum would all be involved still.

Edited by Billsfan

I can see there being some twist to the reunion, like Axls retiring or something after its done. But to deny that its happening at this point is ridiculous.

This is my view also.

They have probably seen the massive global success of the final motley tour and thought that the time is now.... retirement afterwards. This maximizes ticket sales worldwide and the final pay check! This would be the right decision for me.

I think we are seeing the start of a final farewell type reunion tour as a one off 2 year project. Just my opinion / gut instinct on it.

Fine with me. I don't really care to be honest. I wouldn't think Axl could keep up being in shape anyway. But I really just want to see Axl and Slash together on stage. Whatever happens after that, I truly couldn't care less. Obviously I want the band to continue and have a whole new rebirth, but if it doesn't at least I saw it once.

I mean, as much as it would suck, if his voice is gonna keep sounding like it has the last 4 years live, then im good with him retiring from live performances. No better way than to do that with Slash one last time.

I remain skeptical. I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm not saving up my pennies just yet.

Nice guy finish last, You're running out of gas, Your sympathy will get you left behind, Sometimes you're at your best, when you feel the worst, Do you feel washed up, like piss going down the drain.

Sorry, I always wanted to write this whenever I saw your name.

• Like 2

I remain skeptical. I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm not saving up my pennies just yet.

3 days won't make the difference in money saving, but you should be. This tour (my apologies, partnership lol) is gonna be a fortune.

Yeah well with that kind of money, even Izzy wont back out, unless he has not been informed.

I've been saying this all along, and I still hold to it: I don't think this is a reunion of Axl and slash.

I think this is a new business partnership between them, which will result in lots of new cash grab licensing deals, but nothing in terms of live performance.

Niceguy, what drugs do you take for you delusion?

I've been saying this all along, and I still hold to it: I don't think this is a reunion of Axl and slash.

I think this is a new business partnership between them, which will result in lots of new cash grab licensing deals, but nothing in terms of live performance.

I don't think being a GNR fan and being skeptical are completely out of the realm ha

• Like 1

alleged confirmed lineup

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_this_is_the_final_lineup_of_reunited_guns_n_roses.html

Axl Rose on vocals, Slash on lead guitar, Duff McKagan on bass, Dave Kushner of Velvet Revolver on guitar, Richard Fortus on guitar, Frank Ferrer on drums, Dizzy Reed on keyboards, and multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman

how can this now even be considered a reunion if you are adding in someone who has never even played with any version of gnr

alleged confirmed lineup

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_this_is_the_final_lineup_of_reunited_guns_n_roses.html

Axl Rose on vocals, Slash on lead guitar, Duff McKagan on bass, Dave Kushner of Velvet Revolver on guitar, Richard Fortus on guitar, Frank Ferrer on drums, Dizzy Reed on keyboards, and multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman

how can this now even be considered a reunion if you are adding in someone who has never even played with any version of gnr

Not at all Mitch posted names with no context, he does not know who is in the band anymore than you or I

Axl going on Kimmel is as much a confirmation is anything. He wouldn't be bothered to go on for anything less.

I can't remember what the occasion was when he went the 1st time around though.

He needed to sell tickets to his pathetic fucking Vegas run lol.

I think that vegas 'run' did about 15million $ - not bad that by any means.

I'm just screwing with him. But clearly it wasn't selling what they'd hoped or Axl never would have gone on to promote it. It said something at least. He has to go on TV to sell a GNR tour in the US. Did it with Vegas, did it with That Metal Show in 11.

I get your point. Infact i think i was mistaken - $15m was the total grossing sales for the last tour so it would only have been about $3m for vegas i expect.

If this is to be done properly Axl needs to get off his ass and do some interviews etc. At least Slash - 'the media whore' - will be around to do the bulk of it!

Good times ahead - hopefully!

I get your point. Infact i think i was mistaken - $15m was the total grossing sales for the last tour so it would only have been about $3m for vegas i expect.

If this is to be done properly Axl needs to get off his ass and do some interviews etc. At least Slash - 'the media whore' - will be around to do the bulk of it!

Good times ahead - hopefully!

Back in the day before the net Slash was more often seen promoting GNR than anyone else. He was the band spokesman or whatever. Now he is called a media whore, only thing that changed is us.

• Like 3

I think he is an attention whore. Cpl days ago he was talking ago how he is starting to believe in the reunion. Now he says he doesnt...

alleged confirmed lineup

Because it's not a reunion. It's a reunion between Axl and slash, but not a guns n roses reunion. But calling the whole thing a reunion is a lot easier than "renewed partnership between Axl Rose's Guns N Roses and Slash/Duff Mckagan who will be bringing in Dave Kushner while Rose will be retaining Fortus, Ferrer, and Pittman."