The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

the Kushner rumors are weird. so weird that it may actually be true.

i mean where would somebody come up with that?

pretty odd choice as hes never had anything to do with GnR....why not get Gilby if they want another rhythm?

Not weird at all. He was asked on Twitter if he'd be attending any of the reunion gigs and he responded. People read too deeply into the response and thus the rumours were born. That's how the whole thing came about.

pretty odd choice as hes never had anything to do with GnR....why not get Gilby if they want another rhythm?

Only reason i could think of is it is some sort of compromise with Slash/Duff regarding existing members staying on eg: Frank / Richard.

I think Axl has always viewed Matt as an employee. To Axl, Richard and Frank i would imagine carry as much right to be involved as Matt or Gilby.

Not weird at all. He was asked on Twitter if he'd be attending any of the reunion gigs and he responded. People read too deeply into the response and thus the rumours were born. That's how the whole thing came about.

oh ok i wasn't sure where they hell that came from...thought it was pulled out of thin air

i don't see them signing any extra players especially ones that never had anything to do with GNR...this isn't a charity

oh ok i wasn't sure where they hell that came from...thought it was pulled out of thin air

i don't see them signing any extra players especially ones that never had anything to do with GNR...this isn't a charity

Yeah it's definitely weird but that was the basis behind it. I doubt we'll see him on board. I'm with you on thinking we won't see any new faces - whatever the line-up ends up being will be with previous and/or current members.

Ultimate Guitar is going with Mitch Lafon's prediction...

Report: This Is the Final Lineup of Reunited Guns N' Roses

Rock journalist Mitch Lafon is reporting that the lineup of reunited Guns N' Roses has been finalized, and will feature: Axl Rose on vocals, Slash on lead guitar, Duff McKagan on bass, Dave Kushner of Velvet Revolver on guitar, Richard Fortus on guitar, Frank Ferrer on drums, Dizzy Reed on keyboards, and multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_this_is_the_final_lineup_of_reunited_guns_n_roses.html

Ultimate Guitar is going with Mitch Lafon's prediction...

Report: This Is the Final Lineup of Reunited Guns N' Roses

Rock journalist Mitch Lafon is reporting that the lineup of reunited Guns N' Roses has been finalized, and will feature: Axl Rose on vocals, Slash on lead guitar, Duff McKagan on bass, Dave Kushner of Velvet Revolver on guitar, Richard Fortus on guitar, Frank Ferrer on drums, Dizzy Reed on keyboards, and multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_this_is_the_final_lineup_of_reunited_guns_n_roses.html

Shit reporting. Why? Mitch posted some names with no context and they claim he claims this is the line up? Lol what?

I've been saying this all along, and I still hold to it: I don't think this is a reunion of Axl and slash.

I think this is a new business partnership between them, which will result in lots of new cash grab licensing deals, but nothing in terms of live performance.

Not even possible at this point. NOT ALL THE PRESS IS WRONG! Its definitely a reunion. You had reason to believe this a few months ago, but not now. Its just plain delusion to think its not happening now.

But the press is just going in circles. One article will say "there's speculation", referring to us at the forums, and then the next article will report it as fact, and so on.

There hasn't been one official word from anyone legit, in terms of Axl Slash and Duff going on tour together. Not ONE word.

I've been following this band too long and too closely to have any expectation of sanity from Axl Rose. I loved what he contributed to AFD, Lies, and UYI-- but I don't worship his urine or eat his poop with a smile on my face, so what I see is the Golden Gods and Bridge School videos and see a fat, lazy, weak-willed man-baby. I don't see a savvy man who would do something as logical as getting back together with Slash and Duff for a worldwide tour.

• Like 1

I've been saying this all along, and I still hold to it: I don't think this is a reunion of Axl and slash.

I think this is a new business partnership between them, which will result in lots of new cash grab licensing deals, but nothing in terms of live performance.

Not even possible at this point. NOT ALL THE PRESS IS WRONG! Its definitely a reunion. You had reason to believe this a few months ago, but not now. Its just plain delusion to think its not happening now.

But the press is just going in circles. One article will say "there's speculation", referring to us at the forums, and then the next article will report it as fact, and so on.

There hasn't been one official word from anyone legit, in terms of Axl Slash and Duff going on tour together. Not ONE word.

I've been following this band too long and too closely to have any expectation of sanity from Axl Rose. I loved what he contributed to AFD, Lies, and UYI-- but I don't worship his urine or eat his poop with a smile on my face, so what I see is the Golden Gods and Bridge School videos and see a fat, lazy, weak-willed man-baby. I don't see a savvy man who would do something as logical as getting back together with Slash and Duff for a worldwide tour.

So whats he going on Kimmel for? To announce Slash and his' new line of Guns N' Roses tshirts? Gimme a break.

So whats he going on Kimmel for? To announce Slash and his' new line of Guns N' Roses tshirts? Gimme a break.

But he's not on this week's schedule. Go see for yourself at the website.

Axl going on Kimmel is as much a confirmation is anything. He wouldn't be bothered to go on for anything less. And for what its worth, once Billboard reported it we reached the official level. They aren't just reporting shit articles. Thats the real deal.

I understand the hesitation, but at this point its so happening its not even funny.

Yeah to be fair that's hardly confirmed. The whole thing is starting to get a little off feeling to me by this point.

If it wasnt going down Axl would have already issued one of his long-winded tirade statements saying its all lies aimed at undermining his efforts with the new band. Its no coincidence Kimmel just started following Axl and Slash on Twitter.

Axl going on Kimmel is as much a confirmation is anything. He wouldn't be bothered to go on for anything less. And for what its worth, once Billboard reported it we reached the official level. They aren't just reporting shit articles. Thats the real deal.

I understand the hesitation, but at this point its so happening its not even funny.

This.

But Kimmel hasn´t denied the rumor. It´s fair to say at this point he knows there is a rumor about Axl going to his show. His credibility is also at stake. I don´t think Kimmel is playing a game.

It wouldn't entirely surprise me if all they announce is that Axl-Slash-Duff are back together, and we're left wondering who else is in the band until they actually take the stage at Coachella. That would be very Axl-ish, i recall being constantly left in the dark about who the new lead guitarist would be everytime someone left NuGNR.