The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Interesting, darknemus. I wonder how that's gonna go since Axl's the only one that's been promoted.

Yeah, well I guess if the Slash appearance were to be promoted, it would kind of ruin the really badly kept secret surprise, at this point, right? If I were a betting man (and I don't gamble - I play poker.. there's a DISTINCT difference :P ) I'd put decent money on Slash appearing on Kimmel with Axl - its the quickest way to maximum exposure for the new shows. It provides instant news footage for the entertainment reports on every local newscast pretty much across the world for the next 24 - 48 hours. It creates pretty much instant work for tons of music journalists asking the 'why' questions.. and it gets the promoters a lot of, well, free promotion that now they don't have to shell out big bucks for (i.e. magazine ads, TV spots, etc) - its honestly, an ideal way to kick off the hype machine in a pretty spectacular fashion. It literally creates a news cycle where the previous biggest rock news was the unforunate passing of Lemmy - make no mistake.. this will be a HUGE story - even if the payoff at the end is a letdown, it doesn't mean it won't be promoted / discussed / dissected / analyzed intensely. Its a different world now - social media, etc - don't be surprised to see trending hashtags.. facebook viral posts, etc - and Also.. don't expect all of it to be good - that's just not the way the Internet tends to handle these things.

As a poker player, you should know that you don't want to show all of your cards in this hand ;) Toss the queen of diamonds out on the table, and that's it. Save the Axl/Slash moment for the stage. Even though they know you had the queen, it will always be in doubt until they see it!

I honestly think they're having fun with it.. not necessarily Axl and / or Slash directly - but the people directing social media efforts and the like. The Myspace confirmation of Coachella is just hilarious, on so many levels. You do realize that this story has been in the news cycle for too long now without tacit denials for it to not be true, right? I mean - anything can happen.. but I'd bet there are already at least working agreements signed, if not contracts. Events like Coachella and stuff need to get their logistics worked out way ahead of time (i.e. marketing material, staging requirements, etc) so I'm sure they've already got something signed. I'm also guessing there are some serious NDAs in the mix on this at least until a press release drops. (AKA guys like Eddie Trunk already know most, if not all the details - they just can't say dick about it right now) Hell, there could be a Rolling Stone cover in the not too distant future - this is going to be a big event in the music world - again.. regardless of the quality of the eventual payoff.

• Like 1

I honestly think they're having fun with it.. not necessarily Axl and / or Slash directly - but the people directing social media efforts and the like. The Myspace confirmation of Coachella is just hilarious, on so many levels. You do realize that this story has been in the news cycle for too long now without tacit denials for it to not be true, right? I mean - anything can happen.. but I'd bet there are already at least working agreements signed, if not contracts. Events like Coachella and stuff need to get their logistics worked out way ahead of time (i.e. marketing material, staging requirements, etc) so I'm sure they've already got something signed. I'm also guessing there are some serious NDAs in the mix on this at least until a press release drops. (AKA guys like Eddie Trunk already know most, if not all the details - they just can't say dick about it right now) Hell, there could be a Rolling Stone cover in the not too distant future - this is going to be a big event in the music world - again.. regardless of the quality of the eventual payoff.

In full agreement.

Also.. not to bring up other boards.. but what has happened every other time a 'non-true' rumor showed up online at the likes of HTGTH? Its been crushed, locked, and not allowed to fester.. We've seen that happen time and time again - you'll note the specific lack of that occurring this go-around. :)

On a side note, designer Christian Benner, who designed Axls latest leathers and is also a friend of Frank's, seems to have aqquired the rights to Guns N' Roses merch according to one of his latest Instagram posts. Designer for upcoming merch for the tour??

Cool. Hopefully he'll design some more fitted jackets for Axl though... or no jackets ideally.

Haven't been keeping track of the thread, although I'm sure its been mentioned, but someone tweeted Eddie Trunk a picture of the last two people to start following Kimmel and its Axl and Slash. I don't really know how Twitter works, but that seems pretty definitive of them both being on Kimmel. Again, I'm sure this has already been discussed and dissected a million times over by now. If someone is better at posting pictures from Twitter than I am feel free. But its right there in Eddie Trunk's twitter (I only follow him and Slash).

Thinking about it, it makes sense for Slash to join Axl on Kimmel. I mean one of the main arguments has been that Slash won't join Axl's band...it's gotta be a team thing. So you need to show that from the start.

People will love it though. It will be exciting if they come out together, and announce the plans. Axl's already been on Kimmel I don't think he'd do it again if it wasn't something different. Speaking alongside Slash is a little different.

THIS PROBABLY MEANS NOTHING AND COULD BE VERY OLD INFORMATION .. Does anyone know when "Guns n' Roses Inc." was dissolved as a corporation in California? I decided to look it up on the California business lookup site and saw its been dissolved - but this could very well have been the situation for years.. I've never bothered checking before.

Haven't been keeping track of the thread, although I'm sure its been mentioned, but someone tweeted Eddie Trunk a picture of the last two people to start following Kimmel and its Axl and Slash. I don't really know how Twitter works, but that seems pretty definitive of them both being on Kimmel. Again, I'm sure this has already been discussed and dissected a million times over by now. If someone is better at posting pictures from Twitter than I am feel free. But its right there in Eddie Trunk's twitter (I only follow him and Slash).

Just to clarify, it was Kimmel following Axl & Slash, not the other way around. Last time I checked, Axl follows NO ONE on Twitter and that seems to still be the case.

https://twitter.com/axlrose

Not that anybody cares but I heard from another individual who I've known for years (in fact, hung out with him in 2006 @ the Hammerstein shows / after events / etc) that Axl & Slash will both be on Kimmel. This person's source is directly connected w/ Kimmel's production staff but that's all I can say so as to not compromise someone / possibly out them. Again, we'll know everything Tuesday, regardless, so hang on and have fun :)

More importantly will Slash show up with guitar in hand?

• Like 1

I've only been a Guns fan since 2012, but waiting sucks. Must've been a million times worse for you guys when you were waiting for CD.

I remember the waiting between AFD and UYI but there was also Lies in the meantime. The CD wait was more than twice as long as that so a few more days is nothing.

• Like 3

If this lineup is true it would literally be everything everyone has ever wished for. Yet, here we are finding things to bitch about.

Izzy and Adler are involved and there will be a new album released this April?

In a perfect world I would take a Gn'R: Unplugged and a Story Tellers.I'm just happy we are getting a tour.I would love a new album but,I think we will be getting a new Greatest Hits with 2 new songs.

If this lineup is true it would literally be everything everyone has ever wished for. Yet, here we are finding things to bitch about.

Izzy and Adler are involved and there will be a new album released this April?

In a perfect world I would take a Gn'R: Unplugged and a Story Tellers.I'm just happy we are getting a tour.I would love a new album but,I think we will be getting a new Greatest Hits with 2 new songs.

I've purchased every GNR official release on the day it came out starting with the Illusions but I'll pass on this and get it used at a cheap price to complete the collection (assuming it happens which I think it will to promote the tour)

• Like 2