The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Axl's full interview with tour dates and his thoughts on the reunion will be up soon on the revamped Guns N Roses Friendster page with an alert sent out via AOL Instant Messenger.

Thanks! Does this mean a different interview from Kimmel? And I am assuming after Tuesday night, right?

Axl's full interview with tour dates and his thoughts on the reunion will be up soon on the revamped Guns N Roses Friendster page with an alert sent out via AOL Instant Messenger.

Thanks! Does this mean a different interview from Kimmel? And I am assuming after Tuesday night, right?

My sources say that it is being transcribed as we speak. Once Beta sniffs the server room for bad vibes and gives the all clear sign,it should be uploaded immediately thereafter.

The line-up will be fixed for every date. Can't even begin to imagine how much of a shit storm for a promoter/venue it would be if they had Izzy, Adler, Sorum, Gilby all showing up for some shows and not others. It would also be a nightmare rehearsals wise. Imagine you bought tickets to a show because you thought you were getting the classic 5, and 3 shows before you get that but then the show you're at only gets 3 of them. How many people are going to try demanding refunds in that instance? Would they confirm which shows are getting which line-up? Not a chance as that would result in some shows selling better than others.

Whatever is announced on Tuesday will be the line-up for the whole tour.

You make very valid points. But it wouldn't surprise me if Coachella gets special treatment with the Appetite lineup.

lol.. he was kidding. He was tying in Friendster / AIM to the Myspace discussion. Typically I'd say never expect a GNR resurgence on Friendster.. but you know what.. F it.. in this situation, all bets are off - this band has always been all sorts of whack - so it wouldn't surprise me if the next official message comes via fax to MTV News at this point.

If this lineup of Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, Pitman and Kushner turns out to be true, i imagine there will be some heavy disappointment among a lot of fans and casuals. It's going to be hard for Guns N' Roses to spin this after so many media outlets have jumped the gun and called this a reunion.

I respectfully disagree. To 95% of the 'casual music listening public' GNR = Axl / Slash.. they probably don't even know the names Duff, Izzy, Steven, etc... and I sometimes wonder if even Dizzy Reed's mother knows the name Dizzy Reed :P

• Like 1

Kushner won't be involved. People are taking his tweet as something more than him being excited to see a GnR reunion. I guess this helps sites like Metalsludge get more hits, while everyone waits for the real news on Tuesday when Axl talks.

Kushner won't be involved. People are taking his tweet as something more than him being excited to see a GnR reunion. I guess this helps sites like Metalsludge get more hits, while everyone waits for the real news on Tuesday when Axl talks.

It's not based on Kushner's tweet as much as it is on Mitch Lafon's. Now since (we think )Lafon broke the Kimmel news ,he may have some knowledge of the lineup. At the end of the day,as some have said, this tour is being sold on the premise of Axl and Slash being back together. They could have the blue man group as the backing band and it'll still do big business.

People are just being utterly dumb with this line-up shit. Do you really REALLY think the vast majority - in other words, the parcel that makes the concert bomb or tank - cares about whoever is there beyond Axl and Slash? Seriously. Maybe Duff, but that's it. That's it. Most people have no fucking idea who the well Izzy, Steven, Matt, Gilby, Richard etc are, honestly. And even if they do, they don't care. As long as Axl and Slash are there the media will - rightfully - call it reunion.

And, personally, I was first against this Dave Kushner thing... But do you wanna know? As we're in in the party stuff, let it all in and let's all be happy. Bring it on, man. ALL GNR. If they give us that, man... It will be a dream coming true. I've always - always - said that I see both Contraband and Libertad as GNR albums with a different singer. For me, GNR is AFD, Lies, UYI, VR and CD. And if they do tour under that line-up, it will be the perfect clousre. All GNR. Man, if they release a selftitled album on the 30th anniversary of AFD, featuring CD2 with Duff+ Slash, I... I have no words. Full circle. Also, I'm dreaming :lol:

Edited by ManetsBR

People are just being utterly dumb with this line-up shit. Do you really REALLY thing the vast majority - in other words, the parcel that makes the concert bomb or tank - cares about whoever is there beyond Axl and Slash? Seriously. Maybe Duff, but that's it. That's it. Most people have no fucking idea who the well Izzy, Steven, Matt, Gilby, Richard etc are, honestly. As long as Axl and Slash are there the media will - rightfully - call it reunion.

And, personally, I was first against this Dave Kushner thing... But do you wanna know? As we're in in the party stuff, let it all in and let's all be happy. Bring it on, man. ALL GNR. If they give us that, man... It will be a dream coming true. I've always - always - said that I see both Contraband and Libertad as GNR albums with a different singer. For me, GNR is AFD, Lies, UYI, VR and CD. And if they do tour under that line-up, it will be the perfect clousre. All GNR. Man, if they release a selftitled album on the 30th anniversary of AFD, featuring CD2 with Duff+ Slash, I... I have no words. Full circle. Also, I'm dreaming :lol:

Say that there is a class reunion. Not everything is going to show up. So by using the logic of some, it isn't a class reunion. But it still is. So why say it isn't?

Eddie trunk said months ago that he heard it is going to be a "super show" with tons of members, and it looks like he was right about that.

I bet Steven will be there to play Appetite songs, for some shows.

Matt will be there to play VR and UYI songs for some shows.

Izzy will play whenever he wants to.

Gilby may get invited, but he could be the one left out.

Kushner will be there full time, play VR songs and probably play some classic gnr songs on occasion.

Fortus and frank will be there full time, they will always play CD stuff. Fortus will probably be the main rhythm player. Frank will be the full time back up in case Adler fucks up.

Dizzy and Pitman will be doing what they always do.

And of course Axl, Slash, and Duff will be the main headliners, at every show. They will also be playing pretty much all night, probably the only ones that won't get much of a break.

To me, it sounds like it's going to be fucking epic. You might not get the original 5 for every show, but they will play together some. But it's going to be a lot more than that, it's going to be the classic gnr, VR, and NUgnr super show. Everyone wins IMO.

it could be.

If this lineup of Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, Pitman and Kushner turns out to be true, i imagine there will be some heavy disappointment among a lot of fans and casuals. It's going to be hard for Guns N' Roses to spin this after so many media outlets have jumped the gun and called this a reunion.

I respectfully disagree. To 95% of the 'casual music listening public' GNR = Axl / Slash.. they probably don't even know the names Duff, Izzy, Steven, etc... and I sometimes wonder if even Dizzy Reed's mother knows the name Dizzy Reed :P

Lol.

I understand where you are coming from with regards to the casual public, but i think there will be a considerable amount of GN'R fans who will be disappointed if the lineup isn't a full 'reunion'. Of course, it doesn't help that the media jumped the gun and reported on rumours without waiting for official confirmation. Regardless, i couldn't care either way. I was happy with the original band and i was happy with nuGN'R. I think this hybrid lineup is an exciting prospect. We will be getting the best of everything if this lineup is true.

Would it be crazy to think in some small way Slash and Duff told Axl, "Hey you want to get back together...? Make a public apology for that BS contract you asked us to sign while we were on fucking tour back in the 90s! We don't care if it's subtle. Just take some blame for it."

That contract may be the worst thing Axl has ever done in Slash and Duff's eyes.

Edited by Time to DIE!!!

Eddie trunk said months ago that he heard it is going to be a "super show" with tons of members, and it looks like he was right about that.

I bet Steven will be there to play Appetite songs, for some shows.

Matt will be there to play VR and UYI songs for some shows.

Izzy will play whenever he wants to.

Gilby may get invited, but he could be the one left out.

Kushner will be there full time, play VR songs and probably play some classic gnr songs on occasion.

Fortus and frank will be there full time, they will always play CD stuff. Fortus will probably be the main rhythm player. Frank will be the full time back up in case Adler fucks up.

Dizzy and Pitman will be doing what they always do.

And of course Axl, Slash, and Duff will be the main headliners, at every show. They will also be playing pretty much all night, probably the only ones that won't get much of a break.

To me, it sounds like it's going to be fucking epic. You might not get the original 5 for every show, but they will play together some. But it's going to be a lot more than that, it's going to be the classic gnr, VR, and NUgnr super show. Everyone wins IMO.

This. A hundred time this. I hope and think this will happen. I'll happily pay 250 dollars for a close ticket.

Would it be crazy to think in some small way Slash and Duff told Axl, "Hey you want to get back together...? Make a public apology for that BS contract you asked us to sign while we were on fucking tour back in the 90s! We don't care if it's subtle. Just take some blame for it."

That contract may be the worst thing Axl has ever done in Slash and Duff's eyes.

I think they more than likely just privately got over it together. Would a public apology make it any more sincere?

Slash will bring Bad Obsession, Double Talkin Jive, The Godfather theme surely?

bad obsession would be cool,who should play the harmonica? And Axl ranting about someone in politics maybe before Double Talkin lieeees no more patience you dig what i'm saying homefuck aaaaaawww
Double Taco Jive Motherfucker (confirmed!)
  • Like 1

If this lineup is true it would literally be everything everyone has ever wished for. Yet, here we are finding things to bitch about.

You think that when people were calling for a reunion, they meant Fortus, Frank, Kush etc!! C'mon!

I hear you.. And Pittman? Why would Slash join an 8 person Guns N Roses with two keyboardists. God I hope this isn't true..

• Like 1