The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

The fact that Adler hasnt said one word on a couple of months is very telling. If he was indeed not going to be involved, he would be screaming from a mountain top right now. Same goes for Sorum, but probably to a lesser degree.

Adler will be there for Appetite songs most nights I bet, as will Sorum for VR and UYI stuff. At this point Frank will be on only CD songs and a full time back up. But hey, I bet the pay is still good, he won't be bitching. Besides Adler needs a proper back up, just in case.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

So basically, after years of people making fun of GNR for being a revolving door band, they're going to do the revolving door tour.

I like it, besides it's never really been done to my knowledge.

Yes the original 5 will always be the favorite line up. But as you said, the band has always been a revolving door. They are not like Zeppelin and others. Do we really want Adler to play November Rain? He might do ok, but he's not an original member on the illusions songs, Sorum is. But if they just get Sorum, then people will bitch because Adler isn't there. This seems to be the best compromise imo.

At this point i really can't see a "reformed" GnR selling out stadiums unless they have new music out.

Back in 91 when they started the tour without new music out, They had been quiet for over a year,

but people were anticipating the follow up to AFD and at that point GnR hadnt really been a headline act for very long.

Very different situation now,

No word on a new album

CD was not critically acclaimed so nobody outside the die hards is waiting in anticipation for CD2 or whatever.

The general public who have any interest in GnR already saw them between 06-14.

I just cant see a general rock fan forking out to see a band just because Slash is back

maybe they get the same amount whether the stadium is full or half-full and promoters are gambling on this? i think the tour will sell pretty well, but we don't have any confirmation it's even happening. i know they will get my money if it happens.

Exactly, No confirmation yet. People keep saying Rolling stone etc are legit sources, But until someone official confirms something, Its all just people putting together what they think is going to happen,

Dont get me wrong, Id love to see Axl and Slash share the stage again, but theres really only two guys in the world who know if thats true.

Eh, but Billboard, Coachella, Axl being on Jimmy Kimmel next week...I doubt he's gonna turn up and the big announcement is 'yeah, Slash and I were talking, we found an alt version of Move to the City, it'll be on Itunes tomorrow - see ya'.

I think that's what Axl meant with "confirmed".

There are so many "sources" out there with so many different and contradictory statements that it is just laughable. Matt is the drummer, Frank is the drummer, Steven will play the first five shows. As well as Izzy, Izzy is a full member, oh wait he's not. Axl and Slash are confirmed. Duff too. Maybe. Maybe not. Fortus, Pitman, Kushner! Wtf... Kushner? Everybody went nuts now! If Kushner is in the band they'll play some VR tunes. That's confirmed now. They'll play VR. With Slash and Duff we've got already two founding members of VR in Guns. Two members with validity but Kushner's membership is crucial for VR songs. Yeah for sure!

It's funny how the stupidest statements gets so much attention.

In fact we all don't know shit. But it's also a fact that not everybody who tweets something along GNR and 2016 will be part of this possible reunion or whatever there will be announced soon.

• Like 2

All these articles make us crazy, now i think it would be a bit of a mess switching musicians over and over on stage for each song, I mean i would love to hear cd songs AFD songs and UYI songs but it would be confusing for everyone if it's like that.. The media need to call down and just wait till anything gets announced Because we the people all get fed up with info that might not be True after all, the 5 appetite guys + dizzy would be the best in my opinion but it's their call wait and see guys don't believe everything they tell you

Edited by GNRmello77

So basically, after years of people making fun of GNR for being a revolving door band, they're going to do the revolving door tour.

I like it, besides it's never really been done to my knowledge.

Yes the original 5 will always be the favorite line up. But as you said, the band has always been a revolving door. They are not like Zeppelin and others. Do we really want Adler to play November Rain? He might do ok, but he's not an original member on the illusions songs, Sorum is. But if they just get Sorum, then people will bitch because Adler isn't there. This seems to be the best compromise imo.

I'm not trying to complain too much here. I've liked most of the people that have been in GNR, and loved seeing them back in 2010. I don't necessarily have a hard on for the original 5 coming back. I just think that with all the social media banter, the build up, Axl's upcoming appearance on Kimmel, etc., it would be a bit of a letdown if it turns out to be a sideshow band.

If this is the "compromise" tour though, I'm going to have a hell of a time explaining who I saw if I have kids and they ask someday...

• Like 1

If this lineup is true it would literally be everything everyone has ever wished for. Yet, here we are finding things to bitch about.

You think that when people were calling for a reunion, they meant Fortus, Frank, Kush etc!! C'mon!

No. I think that when people were calling for a reunion, they wanted to see Axl & Slash together on stage again. It would appear that they're going to get that and a lot more.

This argument! It's interesting how we have moved on from Axl = GNR, to Slash and Axl = GNR. Well I don't agree. Few people were pushing for Slash to join nuGNR for example. It was about the band reuniting, not just Axl and Slash.

But tbh, I'm happy that lately Slash is so well considered. I remember when he too was given the same lowly status as Duff, Izzy and Steven.

Maybe they should brand this project Axl and Slash, with Friends. I don't doubt it would be successful, I too would be interested, but it's not what most people meant when they called for a GNR reunion.

• Like 1

It's starting to take shape though, the idea is to give the fans what they want. If you want a reunion then it's there for you, if you want some VR it's there, you want CD then it's there.

Hopefully what Axl says is they can't go back and relive the original 5 days, they did it and it was great, but capturing that again would be impossible. So the next best thing is to just put on a show for the fans, make it a huge spectical, and go have some fun. I think the idea of this group could be motivational for an artist. It's exciting to imagine it's going to happen or could.

We'll see what Axl says, for once it seems like he'll be the voice that clears everything up.

At this point i really can't see a "reformed" GnR selling out stadiums unless they have new music out.

Back in 91 when they started the tour without new music out, They had been quiet for over a year,

but people were anticipating the follow up to AFD and at that point GnR hadnt really been a headline act for very long.

Very different situation now,

No word on a new album

CD was not critically acclaimed so nobody outside the die hards is waiting in anticipation for CD2 or whatever.

The general public who have any interest in GnR already saw them between 06-14.

I just cant see a general rock fan forking out to see a band just because Slash is back

maybe they get the same amount whether the stadium is full or half-full and promoters are gambling on this? i think the tour will sell pretty well, but we don't have any confirmation it's even happening. i know they will get my money if it happens.

Exactly, No confirmation yet. People keep saying Rolling stone etc are legit sources, But until someone official confirms something, Its all just people putting together what they think is going to happen,

Dont get me wrong, Id love to see Axl and Slash share the stage again, but theres really only two guys in the world who know if thats true.

Eh, but Billboard, Coachella, Axl being on Jimmy Kimmel next week...I doubt he's gonna turn up and the big announcement is 'yeah, Slash and I were talking, we found an alt version of Move to the City, it'll be on Itunes tomorrow - see ya'.

Axl is not on Jimmys schedule for next week. The only thing even close to confirmation of it is Axls half sister? How would anyone know if he even talks to her?

She could be just going off what everyone else is saying. Ill tune in but not holding my breath,

If this lineup is true it would literally be everything everyone has ever wished for. Yet, here we are finding things to bitch about.

You think that when people were calling for a reunion, they meant Fortus, Frank, Kush etc!! C'mon!

No. I think that when people were calling for a reunion, they wanted to see Axl & Slash together on stage again. It would appear that they're going to get that and a lot more.

This argument! It's interesting how we have moved on from Axl = GNR, to Slash and Axl = GNR. Well I don't agree. Few people were pushing for Slash to join nuGNR for example. It was about the band reuniting, not just Axl and Slash.

But tbh, I'm happy that lately Slash is so well considered. I remember when he too was given the same lowly status as Duff, Izzy and Steven.

Maybe they should brand this project Axl and Slash, with Friends. I don't doubt it would be successful, I too would be interested, but it's not what most people meant when they called for a GNR reunion.

Most people are thinking Axl and Slash. Hopefully Duff, too. I'm thinking we're getting a whole lot more than I thought we'd ever get, like - nothing. So I'm happy.

Outside of this forum and maybe a few other places of Guns geekery, I really don't think people are going to worry about precisely what line up is there, they've got the main two or three.

There are so many "sources" out there with so many different and contradictory statements that it is just laughable. Matt is the drummer, Frank is the drummer, Steven will play the first five shows. As well as Izzy, Izzy is a full member, oh wait he's not. Axl and Slash are confirmed. Duff too. Maybe. Maybe not. Fortus, Pitman, Kushner! Wtf... Kushner? Everybody went nuts now! If Kushner is in the band they'll play some VR tunes. That's confirmed now. They'll play VR. With Slash and Duff we've got already two founding members of VR in Guns. Two members with validity but Kushner's membership is crucial for VR songs. Yeah for sure!

In fact we all don't know shit. But it's also a fact that not everybody who tweets something along GNR and 2016 will be part of this possible reunion or whatever there will be announced soon.

I might be reading into his tweet too far but it seems like his way of saying that nothing is confirmed, All made up shit at this point.

Did I miss something, original line up or whoever substitute makes 5. Add dizzy makes 6 and maybe an extra guitarist is 7. Where is 8 coming from?

Pitman

Basically it is confirmed... we think... by ambiguous ghost posts...

bong.gif

Edited by Randy Jesus
  • Like 1

I know squat all about the lineup, but I can tell you this much as I've heard from someone I know who works for Kimmel's show (well, technically, production company, Jackhole productions). Axl will be there on the show on Tuesday and he's "sure as hell not there to discuss Halloween trees" In fact, the quote I got was "We're prepped for some social media spikes for Tuesday night" - that's it.. that's all I've heard. I could be being totally fucked with - or we could simply follow Occam's Razor on this one and realize that pretty much all signs, thus far, point to this actually occurring.

Regardless, I bet any / all news about his appearance to leak as soon as Kimmel begins taping which is at 4:30 PM Pacific time. I'm sure someone there will tweet / facebook / etc what's going down almost in real time - it happens pretty much every time there's a potential 'big' event like this.

I might be reading into his tweet too far but it seems like his way of saying that nothing is confirmed, All made up shit at this point.

The Coachella dates are confirmed on the band's myspace page, so that's something isn't it?

The Coachella dates are confirmed on the band's myspace page, so that's something isn't it?
This.