The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I don't get Dave being involved, but whatever. I still maintain that all the general public is going to care about is that Axl & Slash are there.

I just think that Mitch Lafon is going from Dave's tweet. what mean nothing he was just a fan of the band back in the day by the looks

Edited by Gibbo 27
  • Like 2

That's ridiculous... We're both just speculating, guessing, hoping, wishing. We don't know anything regarding this reunion for a FACT.

I don't understand why you're trying so hard to pretend you know Izzy's (and now Steven's) reasons... when all you're doing is speculating.

I could say it will rain in exactly 3 months from today, and it might happen or not, and even if it does, it doesn't mean I knew it for certain or as a fact all along, I just took a guess and bingo!

Ok, so we agree that neither of us knows what exactly will happen. Good we agree on that front, what is the problem?.

I'm not trying to get into Steven or Izzys mind, I'm trying to give a different point of view that hasn't been stated as for why they MIGHT do it and MIGHT be included. All the reasons everyone is stating for why they won't be included or around for the reunion is a bunch of bullshit I believe, nobody thought Axl & Slash would even talk to each other again so with that said throw out every pre-conceived notion you've had about these guys because THE GAME has CHANGED. I personally believe Steven & Izzy are more than capable of doing the shows and more than willing to do them and to calm your tits down a notch I'm a guy who doesn't really care if Steven or Izzy plays AT ALL in the reunion, preferred but not a deal breaker. Its like when I go for a chocolate malt, I'm drinking the fucking thing regardless of weather or not it has whipped cream and a cherry on top, if it comes with that fine that's awesome & preferred, if not the malt will still be awesome.

I do at least think Matt should be there.

PS: If I'm remotely right I hope you'll be a gentleman and suck my rig...just kidding :) Cheers mate, lets cool our jets.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

I'd think that most casual fans were people who were around when the band was in its heyday, not people who discovered the band through Chi Dem.

You misunderstood what I said. The other poster was bitching about only 3 original members being involved. Truth is it was the same way in 1992-1993 when they were the biggest band on the planet. The original lineup was basically a cult band if you look strictly at their touring. 1985-1988 mostly in small clubs. The album went into the stratosphere in late 1988 right when they were about to go on a long hiatus from touring. Steven got fired in 1990. Therefore it is completely fair to say most casual fans never saw the original lineup perform.

Edited by GNRfan2008
  • Like 1

Ugh, so basically a NuGN'R-VR-merge. None of those bands are stadium acts. If I would try and persuade my friends who are interested in music and respect and like old GNR and tell them "well it's going to be eight people and three of them were in the original band" I bet most of them will lose a lot of interest. I think diehards are more obsessed with the Axl/Slash combo than casual fans, they just want to know that they'll get the real deal, like it was in the old days. Considering the extensive touring under the GNR name in the last decade and the fact that slash has been everywhere, that weird lineup is not going to cut it.

Most casual fans never saw the original lineup.

I can only speak for my generation (30 somethings) but I think most potential concertgoers will have been fans in their youth and lost interest when the band disappeared, then read news about new lineups that never really caught their interest over the years. People remember the old band. Maybe not all the names but to sell tickets marketed as a reunion there will have to be a distance to the new band (and VR). At least a majority of members from the old era

• Like 1

Not really liking that idea for a lineup, but it's still a rumour at this point. It's just odd. It's like Franken-GNR. The band that was made in some laboratory somewhere. I mean, I get the loyalties both sides have, and the CD/VR angle. But it's just... weird. Axl singing VR songs. Slash, Dave, and Duff doing CD songs. Feels almost like a concert on PBS that needs donations.

Not trying to be too negative. I'd still see it. But it's not as exciting as seeing the five originals (or Matt instead of Steven) do their thing.

• Like 2

I'd think that most casual fans were people who were around when the band was in its heyday, not people who discovered the band through Chi Dem.

You misunderstood what I said. The other poster was bitching about only 3 original members being involved. Truth is it was the same way in 1992-1993 when they were the biggest band on the planet. The original lineup was basically a cult band if you look strictly at their touring. 1985-1988 mostly in small clubs. The album went into the stratosphere in late 1988 right when they were about to go on a long hiatus from touring. Steven got fired in 1990. Therefore it is completely fair to say most casual fans never saw the original lineup perform.

Original band or not, there is a clear distinction between the old era and NuGNR.

Ugh, so basically a NuGN'R-VR-merge. None of those bands are stadium acts. If I would try and persuade my friends who are interested in music and respect and like old GNR and tell them "well it's going to be eight people and three of them were in the original band" I bet most of them will lose a lot of interest. I think diehards are more obsessed with the Axl/Slash combo than casual fans, they just want to know that they'll get the real deal, like it was in the old days. Considering the extensive touring under the GNR name in the last decade and the fact that slash has been everywhere, that weird lineup is not going to cut it.

I can only speak for my generation (30 somethings) but I think most potential concertgoers will have been fans in their youth and lost interest when the band disappeared, then read news about new lineups that never really caught their interest over the years. People remember the old band. Maybe not all the names but to sell tickets marketed as a reunion there will have to be a distance to the new band (and VR). At least a majority of members from the old era

I'm 30 and fell in love with Appetite/UYI around 2000. Completely missed their heyday. The point I was making is that a shitload of casual fans saw them in 1992-1993 without Izzy/Steven. Truth is if you saw the original lineup from 1985-1988, you are damn lucky and in the vast minority. Most of their gigs during that time were small clubs, not arenas or stadiums like the UYI tour.

Original band or not, there is a clear distinction between the old era and NuGNR.

I think you've got a point here. Old era, and most people are thinking SCOM, Jungle, Paradise City. And aren't gonna care who's on drums, or if there are three guitarists. They're probably going to only care about seeing Axl and Slash onstage together.

But that's still pretty cool, you know?

I don't see any difference between Frank/Fortus and Gilby/Sorum. They're all good players but replacements. People in 1992-1993 still paid to see Axl/Slash/Duff and they'll do it again with one huge caveat: Axl has to find his voice. If his voice is a disaster at the first show, the word of mouth will be toxic due to YouTube, etc.

I'm 30 and fell in love with Appetite/UYI around 2000. Completely missed their heyday. The point I was making is that a shitload of casual fans saw them in 1992-1993 without Izzy/Steven. Truth is if you saw the original lineup from 1985-1988, you are damn lucky and in the vast minority. Most of their gigs during that time were small clubs, not arenas or stadiums like the UYI tour.

Not really disagreeing with you on that, I was referring to 85-93 GNR even if I wasn't completely clear. Since, like you said,

UYI era was the most successful era in terms of touring and general hype, members from that era will also sell tickets. Also, there is a point in seeing members together that have played together before if you're calling it a reunion, original members or not. The more newer members the more there is going to be talks about original members

what if this is a velvet revolver reunion and not a gnr one. They found a new singer to replace scott... Axl.

conspiracy.

Yeah, that what I was thinking too. Oh I see, axl singing VR songs now, lol. Great. No way in hell! Maybe one for scott, that would be cool of course.

Have Ashba back. At least he has a history with GNR, as unfortunate it is, but still better than some random guy...

Just stick a bunch of random wankers together and call it Guns - for fuck's sake, just ring Izzy and Adler and do a proper reunion. It is like musical chairs. Trust Guns to not have the savvy and good sense to pull off a real reunion haha. This band couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

im pretty sure if Izzy isn't involved then its his choice not to be....i doubt they wouldn't call him up and ask him to join

now that may be the case for Steven