The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Axl doing FTP would actually be cool. Little nod to Scotty Weiland too, RIP.

But if it means some massive overblown circus act then fuck that shit. PITTMAN IS NOT NECCESARY! IM SORRY CHRIS! STAY AWAY.

Edited by Ant

If this lineup of Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, Pitman and Kushner turns out to be true, i imagine there will be some heavy disappointment among a lot of fans and casuals. It's going to be hard for Guns N' Roses to spin this after so many media outlets have jumped the gun and called this a reunion.

I really hope this isn't true... Guns N' Roses with 3 guitarists and two keyboardist was ridiculous the last 15 years and it will be just as ridiculous with Slash and Duff in the band..

• Like 1

I dont like VR much, sorry. But still Why would it have ANYTHING to do with guns n roses? Thats ridiculous.

Thats because this is not a reunion. This is a reformation of the band. With the ideas an players that Axl wants from the nugnr, with the ideas an player that Duff and Slash wants from VR. This defines why Axl accepted this and didnt accept the RRHOF, because he felt that RRHOF didnt show any respect to his band. This line-up represents the respect Axl was talking in his open letter to RRHOF....

So, New Guns n Roses starts now. With a little from past, a little from old, and a new face...

Enjoy and stop crying.

• Like 2

We will know more when Axl talks. Can't wait for that!

Yep.. 72 hours or so away from the Kimmel deal. We should get some good leaks from the show as soon as it tapes which is typically 4:30 PM Pacific but has been known to go later.. but still a couple of hours earlier than his air time, regardless. Its also possible that there's an embargo'ed press article sitting somewhere that leaks before that.. as those things tend to happen with situations like this.

I'm sorry, but Fall To Pieces would not be cool at a Guns N' Roses show, nor would any Velvet Revolver song.

Although I had been entertaining the idea of Axl singing Fall To Pieces back in the day, I tend to agree with you on this now.

I still hope they can play one or two Chinese songs though. I fucking love that album and would hate to see it get buried because Slash is back.

Axl doing FTP would actually be cool. Little nod to Scotty Weiland too, RIP.

But if it means some massive overblown circus act then fuck that shit. PITTMAN IS NOT NECCESARY! IM SORRY CHRIS! STAY AWAY.

Oh my god a circus is right.. This whole thing is sounding worse and worse as it goes.. A Stadium tour with over priced tickets? 3 guitarists? 2 Keyboardists? Talk of a NuGnR/VR hybrid? This all seems like a bad joke..

I hope there is some clarification soon. This is ridiculous..

I would rather see the Hall Of Fame line up playing theaters than some 8 member circus.

• Like 1

I highly doubt that Axl sings any VR song. It doesn't feel right with Scott dying recently. Especially something like Fall To Pieces. Personally I would prefer if everyone left their side projects (and I'm lumping CD in that category) at the door. Play AFD, UYI, Lies, SI, and NEW MATERIAL.

I'm all for a reunion, but more than anything I want new music.

• Like 1

I dont like VR much, sorry. But still Why would it have ANYTHING to do with guns n roses? Thats ridiculous.

Thats because this is not a reunion. This is a reformation of the band. With the ideas an players that Axl wants from the nugnr, with the ideas an player that Duff and Slash wants from VR. This defines why Axl accepted this and didnt accept the RRHOF, because he felt that RRHOF didnt show any respect to his band. This line-up represents the respect Axl was talking in his open letter to RRHOF....

So, New Guns n Roses starts now. With a little from past, a little from old, and a new face...

Enjoy and stop crying.

I cant see Duff and Slash being like " if we join GNR we have to play VR songs too, and we want that dave guy to join the band too, take it or leave it Axl" oh my god, lol. Of course they will not play VR songs, or this Dave whatever is joining the band. Love the idea of ALL current and ex GNR members being involved in this somehow, even Ashba. Would be awesome.

I highly doubt that Axl sings any VR song. It doesn't feel right with Scott dying recently. Especially something like Fall To Pieces. Personally I would prefer if everyone left their side projects (and I'm lumping CD in that category) at the door. Play AFD, UYI, Lies, SI, and NEW MATERIAL.

I'm all for a reunion, but more than anything I want new music.

If anything, I thought that might make it easier to justify. Honor his memory in a really cool way.

I wouldn't have a huge problem with a VR song or two (probably FTP - when I first heard that on the radio 12 years ago I thought, "Is this GNR??"), but I think it's unlikely.

I cannot agree with people saying fuck Chinese Democracy songs, man. Wether you like it or not its a Guns N Roses album. Would Shackler's or TWAT fit in my opinion? No. But Street Of Dreams, This I Love or IRS would be killer.

I've always thought TWAT would make for an epic Slash solo.

I cannot agree with people saying fuck Chinese Democracy songs, man. Wether you like it or not its a Guns N Roses album. Would Shackler's or TWAT fit in my opinion? No. But Street Of Dreams, This I Love or IRS would be killer.

Chinese Democracy is an Axl Rose album. Underrated album, just not Guns N' Roses.

• Like 1

On the topic of Chinese songs, i don't see why they shouldn't or wouldn't be played. Slash and Duff both liked Chinese Democracy, and Duff played some of the songs in 2014. If Richard, Pitman and Frank are still in the band, it only makes sense that some Chinese songs will be included in future set-lists.

the less the better: it wasn't a very popular album and only one original member was involved in it. Edited by supercool
  • Like 2

On the topic of Chinese songs, i don't see why they shouldn't or wouldn't be played. Slash and Duff both liked Chinese Democracy, and Duff played some of the songs in 2014. If Richard, Pitman and Frank are still in the band, it only makes sense that some Chinese songs will be included in future set-lists.

because all except maybe 3 of them are awful songs.. And so isn't the idea of Pittman and Frank being part of this thing.

because all except maybe 3 of them are awful songs.. And so isn't the idea of Pittman and Frank being part of this thing.

Shacklers, Better, This I love, Madagascar, Prostitute, Sorry are damn good songs and some of them were actually great!