The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

" you wanted the best , well they didnt make , heres what you get....8 people playing guitar"".....it dont really matter....lol

Mishan...as I was typing that I had that wierd feeling ....lol

Ashba can play godfather and slash can play ashbas solo...at the same time !

You realise that you've just inspired someone to create an unholy mess out of old videos and youtube them here, don't you? *scared*

Yep...lol...do it !!

I would love to see Tracy and Roberta make a comeback...for one show

Heck yeah!!!

Traci, Roberta, Teddy ZigZag, and the 911 Horns! Oh, come on, people :)

It's the 976 Horn Section.

Damn you're gonna disrespect Anne, Lisa AND Cece like that! Not Cece nuhuh

• Like 1

It's easier to call it a reunion rather than the whole it's a reparthnership between Axl and slash and Duff. Either Slash and Duff are being hired as musicians in Axl Rose's band, or more likely they have been brought in as partner's in Axl's business.

Dave who? Why the hell? He has nothing to do with GNR, why would he be a member of GnR reunion? Wtf?

Who said it was a reunion? ;)
Good point!
But surely only a reunion would sell out stadiums? Honestly I only want them to succeed. Personally I was super excited to see slash back after all these years and all the drama, and I will be all over what ever comes next, but frankly I am a bit worried about the whole thing. I hope it's uncalled for

Ugh, so basically a NuGN'R-VR-merge. None of those bands are stadium acts. If I would try and persuade my friends who are interested in music and respect and like old GNR and tell them "well it's going to be eight people and three of them were in the original band" I bet most of them will lose a lot of interest. I think diehards are more obsessed with the Axl/Slash combo than casual fans, they just want to know that they'll get the real deal, like it was in the old days. Considering the extensive touring under the GNR name in the last decade and the fact that slash has been everywhere, that weird lineup is not going to cut it.

Most casual fans never saw the original lineup.

I can only speak for my generation (30 somethings) but I think most potential concertgoers will have been fans in their youth and lost interest when the band disappeared, then read news about new lineups that never really caught their interest over the years. People remember the old band. Maybe not all the names but to sell tickets marketed as a reunion there will have to be a distance to the new band (and VR). At least a majority of members from the old era

I'm 30 and fell in love with Appetite/UYI around 2000. Completely missed their heyday. The point I was making is that a shitload of casual fans saw them in 1992-1993 without Izzy/Steven. Truth is if you saw the original lineup from 1985-1988, you are damn lucky and in the vast minority. Most of their gigs during that time were small clubs, not arenas or stadiums like the UYI tour.

The really casual fans think of GNR as the band in the Paradise City video. These are the people most likely to look at this supposed 8-piece lineup and think 'What in the fuck is this?'

Heck yeah!!!

Bad, bad, bad me *hangs head in shame* Then again, when you've forgotten a name, posting something close on the internet makes people correct you so you find out stuff :D

Ugh, so basically a NuGN'R-VR-merge. None of those bands are stadium acts. If I would try and persuade my friends who are interested in music and respect and like old GNR and tell them "well it's going to be eight people and three of them were in the original band" I bet most of them will lose a lot of interest. I think diehards are more obsessed with the Axl/Slash combo than casual fans, they just want to know that they'll get the real deal, like it was in the old days. Considering the extensive touring under the GNR name in the last decade and the fact that slash has been everywhere, that weird lineup is not going to cut it.

Most casual fans never saw the original lineup.

I can only speak for my generation (30 somethings) but I think most potential concertgoers will have been fans in their youth and lost interest when the band disappeared, then read news about new lineups that never really caught their interest over the years. People remember the old band. Maybe not all the names but to sell tickets marketed as a reunion there will have to be a distance to the new band (and VR). At least a majority of members from the old era

I'm 30 and fell in love with Appetite/UYI around 2000. Completely missed their heyday. The point I was making is that a shitload of casual fans saw them in 1992-1993 without Izzy/Steven. Truth is if you saw the original lineup from 1985-1988, you are damn lucky and in the vast minority. Most of their gigs during that time were small clubs, not arenas or stadiums like the UYI tour.

The really casual fans think of GNR as the band in the Paradise City video. These are the people most likely to look at this supposed 8-piece lineup and think 'What in the fuck is this?'

Maybe but then how do we explain the huge ticket sales in 1992-1993? Bigger challenge will be Axl's voice. He is a huge liability judging from 2011-2014 video evidence. If he sings that lousy at Coachella, word of mouth will spread fast due to the Internet and cell phone videos. He has to bring his "A" game or it will crash.

Heck yeah!!!

Bad, bad, bad me *hangs head in shame* Then again, when you've forgotten a name, posting something close on the internet makes people correct you so you find out stuff :D

Its ok man, I once met an actor from the movie "Jarhead" in a bar I like to frequent and didn't want to feel stupid about not knowing him and totally mixed his character up in the movie, he was cool and I think he liked that he could have a normal convo. Unlike my experience, you at least remembered there was a 9 in the name of the horn section lol.

Exactly. It wouldn't hurt sales at all. But seriously, this VR-CD merge thing is fucking awesome. If they do that... holy fuck, man.

I agree. I don't understand all the bitching. I'm sure Izzy will come when he wants to, Steven will get a shot, he'll even Matt will get a moment. Maybe Gilby wont, but who knows?

• Like 1

If this lineup is true it would literally be everything everyone has ever wished for. Yet, here we are finding things to bitch about.

Totally agree.

This is fucking awesome and people still complain.

I actually think this is a great way for Axl to pay respect to all his bandmates and the careers they've had since then. Maybe throw in a VR, SMKC song, CD song?

Just look at how awesome FNM have done since they reunited. They offered Jim Martin be a part of an Angel Dust reunion, they did a one-off show playing King for a Day with Trey Spruance... Hell they even got Chuck Mosley out for some numbers!

• Like 1

At this point i really can't see a "reformed" GnR selling out stadiums unless they have new music out.

Back in 91 when they started the tour without new music out, They had been quiet for over a year,

but people were anticipating the follow up to AFD and at that point GnR hadnt really been a headline act for very long.

Very different situation now,

No word on a new album

CD was not critically acclaimed so nobody outside the die hards is waiting in anticipation for CD2 or whatever.

The general public who have any interest in GnR already saw them between 06-14.

I just cant see a general rock fan forking out to see a band just because Slash is back

On top of this i cant see Axl throwing out CD2 to record a new album. he said himself that hes not working on it all to keep it buried.

All i think will happen is an AFD 30th tour, Maybe a live show release of it, Then back to silence.

Edited by megaguns1982

At this point i really can't see a "reformed" GnR selling out stadiums unless they have new music out.

Back in 91 when they started the tour without new music out, They had been quiet for over a year,

but people were anticipating the follow up to AFD and at that point GnR hadnt really been a headline act for very long.

No word on a new album

CD was not critically acclaimed so nobody outside the die hards is waiting in anticipation for CD2 or whatever.

I just cant see a general rock fan forking out to see a band just because Slash is back

maybe they get the same amount whether the stadium is full or half-full and promoters are gambling on this? i think the tour will sell pretty well, but we don't have any confirmation it's even happening. i know they will get my money if it happens.

I'm excited to see what Axl tells us on the Kimmel show! Hopefully, for everyone's sake it's at least the reunion is happening and the line-up of the band.

I will admit that I started getting into GNR about 8-10 months ago. Yes you get pick on me "old timers"; seems like some like to pull rank here unfortunately. My 2 cents worth is I would like to have the original 5, and substitute Matt and Gilby if necessary. You think they would notify us if they are doing special original 5 shows/festivals vs. a touring band supporting Axl/Slash/Duff? Allowing us to make the decision which shows we prefer to see as some are suggesting.

Also, I'm wondering where the 25 dates are going to be? Some are probably obvious, but I have not seen anyone really guessing the cities they will preform in. Hopefully, a few will be in the Southeast at least.

Don't worry about us "old timers". It really doesn't matter when you became interested in Guns N' Roses. Your opinion carries as much weight as anyone else's.

Welcome aboard! :) You did choose a very good time to become a fan.

And yes, I would think that we will be notified about the line-up/different line-ups. It would get messy if people bought tickets for a show expecting the original five, and then ended up with Axl/Slash/Duff joined by some people they might not have heard of.

Edited by Kittiara

No word on a new album

On top of this i cant see Axl throwing out CD2 to record a new album. he said himself that hes not working on it all to keep it buried.

All i think will happen is an AFD 30th tour, Maybe a live show release of it, Then back to silence.

This is why the whole thing hinges on Axl's voice. Reuniting with Slash is a huge deal, but if a certain person sounds terrible at Coachella it will hurt the hype for the tour. I have no doubt Slash, Duff, and the others will play great. Axl is a huge wild card. If he shows up with that embarrassing voice we saw from 2011-2014, they will struggle to hit the ticket numbers they want.

If this lineup is true it would literally be everything everyone has ever wished for. Yet, here we are finding things to bitch about.

You think that when people were calling for a reunion, they meant Fortus, Frank, Kush etc!! C'mon!

No. I think that when people were calling for a reunion, they wanted to see Axl & Slash together on stage again. It would appear that they're going to get that and a lot more.

• Like 3

Eddie trunk said months ago that he heard it is going to be a "super show" with tons of members, and it looks like he was right about that.

I bet Steven will be there to play Appetite songs, for some shows.

Matt will be there to play VR and UYI songs for some shows.

Izzy will play whenever he wants to.

Gilby may get invited, but he could be the one left out.

Kushner will be there full time, play VR songs and probably play some classic gnr songs on occasion.

Fortus and frank will be there full time, they will always play CD stuff. Fortus will probably be the main rhythm player. Frank will be the full time back up in case Adler fucks up.

Dizzy and Pitman will be doing what they always do.

And of course Axl, Slash, and Duff will be the main headliners, at every show. They will also be playing pretty much all night, probably the only ones that won't get much of a break.

To me, it sounds like it's going to be fucking epic. You might not get the original 5 for every show, but they will play together some. But it's going to be a lot more than that, it's going to be the classic gnr, VR, and NUgnr super show. Everyone wins IMO.

No word on a new album

maybe they get the same amount whether the stadium is full or half-full and promoters are gambling on this? i think the tour will sell pretty well, but we don't have any confirmation it's even happening. i know they will get my money if it happens.

Exactly, No confirmation yet. People keep saying Rolling stone etc are legit sources, But until someone official confirms something, Its all just people putting together what they think is going to happen,

Dont get me wrong, Id love to see Axl and Slash share the stage again, but theres really only two guys in the world who know if thats true.

Well, we did become fans of a band with a lead singer known for his rants. So it's probably not unexpected that we like to have some rants of our own. :P

• Like 1