The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I dont like VR much, sorry. But still Why would it have ANYTHING to do with guns n roses? Thats ridiculous.

Thats because this is not a reunion. This is a reformation of the band. With the ideas an players that Axl wants from the nugnr, with the ideas an player that Duff and Slash wants from VR. This defines why Axl accepted this and didnt accept the RRHOF, because he felt that RRHOF didnt show any respect to his band. This line-up represents the respect Axl was talking in his open letter to RRHOF....

So, New Guns n Roses starts now. With a little from past, a little from old, and a new face...

Enjoy and stop crying.

If they're going to make new music and proceed henceforth as a productive band, then that hybrid arrangement is totally cool with me.

I cannot agree with people saying fuck Chinese Democracy songs, man. Wether you like it or not its a Guns N Roses album. Would Shackler's or TWAT fit in my opinion? No. But Street Of Dreams, This I Love or IRS would be killer.

Chinese Democracy is an Axl Rose album. Underrated album, just not Guns N' Roses.

Yeah. It's obviously GNR in a literal sense, and in name only. Not to open a can of warms, but in spirit, VR is closer to GNR than CD was. Slash is about as important as Axl to what old Guns was + Duff and Matt, while nuGNR was just Axl (who is obviously a huge part of what Guns was too).

To this day, I think CD would've been better received if released as an Axl solo project.

But why bother making these arguments anymore when this awesome band is taking the stage again?

Not that anybody cares but I heard from another individual who I've known for years (in fact, hung out with him in 2006 @ the Hammerstein shows / after events / etc) that Axl & Slash will both be on Kimmel. This person's source is directly connected w/ Kimmel's production staff but that's all I can say so as to not compromise someone / possibly out them. Again, we'll know everything Tuesday, regardless, so hang on and have fun :)

Dark nice to see ya!

• Like 1

Not that anybody cares but I heard from another individual who I've known for years (in fact, hung out with him in 2006 @ the Hammerstein shows / after events / etc) that Axl & Slash will both be on Kimmel. This person's source is directly connected w/ Kimmel's production staff but that's all I can say so as to not compromise someone / possibly out them. Again, we'll know everything Tuesday, regardless, so hang on and have fun :)

Dark nice to see ya!

Thanks.. I keep up with this stuff from time to time - its just real life tends to get in the way, a lot.. no complaints, though. I'll be honest.. on this whole GNR reunion thing (and anyone who thinks at this point that its NOT happening - at least the primary three, is pretty much crazy) - I'm much more curious as to the "why" than anything else. Is it just a huge money grab or being driven, somehow, artistically - that's my primary curiosity.. We shall see how it all plays out, regardless :)

Please no Pitman. No one needs to see him and his wobbly keyboard on stage....if they record an album and he helps fine, but he doesnt need to be there live. If theres no Izzy/Adler/Sorum i hope they just stick to the 6 man line up with Fortus and Frank and have Izzy guest when he wants to.

Please no Pitman. No one needs to see him and his wobbly keyboard on stage....if they record an album and he helps fine, but he doesnt need to be there live. If theres no Izzy/Adler/Sorum i hope they just stick to the 6 man line up with Fortus and Frank and have Izzy guest when he wants to.

How do you know that Pittman doesn't just have balance / inner ear equilibrium issues and he simply uses the keyboard in lieu of a crutch and / or cane? :P This is the man responsible for Silkworms - we need to show him some deference! ;)

• Like 1

Dark nice to see ya!

Thanks.. I keep up with this stuff from time to time - its just real life tends to get in the way, a lot.. no complaints, though. I'll be honest.. on this whole GNR reunion thing (and anyone who thinks at this point that its NOT happening - at least the primary three, is pretty much crazy) - I'm much more curious as to the "why" than anything else. Is it just a huge money grab or being driven, somehow, artistically - that's my primary curiosity.. We shall see how it all plays out, regardless :)

Regardless nice to see you posting. Times are exciting again

I am by no means a defender or even a a fan of Pitman, but the truth is he does serve a purpose. They need him for songs like novmebet Rain and Estranged, as well as CD stuff (if its played). So people stop bitching about him. Its either Pitman or the even more bloated UYI band with horns and what not.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I am by no means a defender or even a a fan of Pitman, but the truth is he does serve a purpose. They need him for songs like novmebet Rain and Estranged, as well as CD stuff (if its played). So people stop bitching about him. Its either Pitman or the even more bloated UYI band with horns and what not.

November Rain, sure. He does the strings and whatnot (although I do like the stripped down 1991 version). Estranged? Not needed at all. Dizzy already does the piano. The extra strings and synth that Chris added were not there originally and certainly don't make or break the song. A better secondary argument song for Chris would be LALD because we know it's not going anywhere and yes it does sound better with the horns (which he provides).

Interesting, darknemus. I wonder how that's gonna go since Axl's the only one that's been promoted.

Guessing that's what they want

Having Axl and Slash in the same room in 20 years doesnt need promotion. Having them do an interview together will be insane. Having it be a surprise will be even more insane...thats why they will bill it as just Axl. Guns and Axl in particular always like the secrecy and surprise element.

Interesting, darknemus. I wonder how that's gonna go since Axl's the only one that's been promoted.

Yeah, well I guess if the Slash appearance were to be promoted, it would kind of ruin the really badly kept secret surprise, at this point, right? If I were a betting man (and I don't gamble - I play poker.. there's a DISTINCT difference :P ) I'd put decent money on Slash appearing on Kimmel with Axl - its the quickest way to maximum exposure for the new shows. It provides instant news footage for the entertainment reports on every local newscast pretty much across the world for the next 24 - 48 hours. It creates pretty much instant work for tons of music journalists asking the 'why' questions.. and it gets the promoters a lot of, well, free promotion that now they don't have to shell out big bucks for (i.e. magazine ads, TV spots, etc) - its honestly, an ideal way to kick off the hype machine in a pretty spectacular fashion. It literally creates a news cycle where the previous biggest rock news was the unforunate passing of Lemmy - make no mistake.. this will be a HUGE story - even if the payoff at the end is a letdown, it doesn't mean it won't be promoted / discussed / dissected / analyzed intensely. Its a different world now - social media, etc - don't be surprised to see trending hashtags.. facebook viral posts, etc - and Also.. don't expect all of it to be good - that's just not the way the Internet tends to handle these things.

Would it be crazy to think in some small way Slash and Duff told Axl, "Hey you want to get back together...? Make a public apology for that BS contract you asked us to sign while we were on fucking tour back in the 90s! We don't care if it's subtle. Just take some blame for it."

That contract may be the worst thing Axl has ever done in Slash and Duff's eyes.

I think they more than likely just privately got over it together. Would a public apology make it any more sincere?

I don't know man. Touch question really. Maybe..? Axl said and did some pretty bad things to Slash and Duff, but what I think hurt them more than anything is what he did to Guns N' Roses. I mean, those guys loved that fucking band, and neither came close to accepting what Axl was doing post 97 as "Guns". I don't believe that Axl can just skate past this one publicly. He should address some mistakes he's made whether Slash or Duff have asked him to or not. Just my opinion.

d8tw8zRGBOo.jpg

Yeah, that's a total non-denial. Nothing will be 'confirmed' until a press release goes out - my guess is to be timed either right before or perhaps after the Kimmel appearance?

Funny thing is nowhere in that does he deny being back in Guns!