The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Anyone living in L.A will be stalking outside Jimmy Kimmel studio? Maybe get an early pic of Axl...or GNR gear rolling in to confirm they are playing?

I HIGHLY doubt they play. That's the type of thing you don't just give away for the first time when there's a LOT of money to be made by selling it.

• Like 2

I saw Kushner with VR live 3 times...the guy is fuckin top notch, plays like a motherfucker and has lots of energy on stage.

He is very guitar pedal effect savvy...maybe Axl ok'd that.

Guy is reliable as hell and doesn't drink or do drugs. Always heard he was the only guy who was squeaky clean on the VR tours.

That being said, I can't imagine why Axl would go with him over Fortus if given the choice, unless Slash really wanted to get his buddy that payday and convinced Axl.

According to Lafon,Kushner is not in place of Fortus, he's in addition to him. I'm not sure why anyone thought Axl would give up the three guitar lineup even with Slash returning.
Lafon said that was just his opinion though, not based on any facts.

I personally don't see the three guitar lineup sticking, but we'll see.

Where did Lafon say that? All I see is his last tweet mentioning all 8 guys.

A wild prediction (not based on any known facts). I predict GNR 2016 will be Axl, Slash, Duff, Frank, Richard, Dizzy and Dave. Why not?

HollywoodRose94 stated, we will know everything by January 3rd. Hope we'll get sth today

I said between 3rd and 6th. Jimmys show is taped at 4:30.
Who is in the band?

Tony Orlando & Dawn. Or possibly the Captain and Teneal.. no one knows yet.

• Like 1

Jesus shut the fuck up Mitch Lafon.

Also, does anyone else find it hysterical that Kushner, VR member that has nothing to do with GNR, currently has more in his favor to be part of the reunion than Matt, VR member that yknow actually played with classic GNR on their albums and tour? Who would have thought Matt Sorum would be the only surviving VR member NOT in a Guns reunion.

• Like 1

Jesus shut the fuck up Mitch Lafon.

Also, does anyone else find it hysterical that Kushner, VR member that has nothing to do with GNR, currently has more in his favor to be part of the reunion than Matt, VR member that yknow actually played with classic GNR on their albums and tour? Who would have thought Matt Sorum would be the only surviving VR member NOT in a Guns reunion.

Talked too much shit about Axl and was never a real member of the band (unlike Adler).

Yeah I think people were just reading too much into Dave's tweets. I gathered that, as a Guns fan, he's just as excited as all of us and wants to see every show. I'm sure he was well aware of the fact that his ambiguity would stir the pot, and that's probably part of the fun. Ultimately he'll probably have nothing to do with the reunion and that was probably never part of the plan.

• Like 2

I've been saying this all along, and I still hold to it: I don't think this is a reunion of Axl and slash.

I think this is a new business partnership between them, which will result in lots of new cash grab licensing deals, but nothing in terms of live performance.

Edited by niceguy

I've been saying this all along, and I still hold to it: I don't think this is a reunion of Axl and slash.

I think this is a new business partnership between them, which will result in lots of new cash grab licensing deals, but nothing in terms of live performance.

I want studio material. Duff and Izzy recently did some songs together that were pretty good. Mix in Axl/Slash and it could be the best rock and roll in a long time.

the fact that no gnr member is talking for weeks now tells me that Axl made a contract with all of them...its like in nugnr...nobody is talking, because they signed a contract. That in fact means that kushner is not a gnr member.
  • Like 1

Ur grasping at straws at this point man.

Not even possible at this point. NOT ALL THE PRESS IS WRONG! Its definitely a reunion. You had reason to believe this a few months ago, but not now. Its just plain delusion to think its not happening now.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be that adverse to three guitarists, afterall we're used to it, and I think Axl has gone on record as saying they're necessary. If it's going to be strictly '87-'93 material then first preference is Izzy, and then Gilby. Let's face it, being an incredibly accomplished technical guitarist, like Richard, isn't a pre-requisite for performing rhythm parts with Slash on lead for classic Guns material. That's why Gilby can perform the function perfectly adequately, he's just a good fit for the band, he was then, and I'd imagine he would be again. If they're going to be doing Chi dem material then Richard would have a role to play (reckon Richard's in regardless though). Gilby and Fortus wouldn't be a bad combination.

Matt would be my preference for drums, then Frank (I think we can forget about Brain sadly), with Steven doing guest spots.

the fact that no gnr member is talking for weeks now tells me that Axl made a contract with all of them...its like in nugnr...nobody is talking, because they signed a contract. That in fact means that kushner is not a gnr member.

Thats actually a great point. Everyone thinking Matt isn't but he's saying way less than people like Dave, and Fortus to a lesser extent.

• Like 1