The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I honestly don't care if they don't play on Kimmel. I just want actually confirmation of what to expect during 2016. Not long winded responses that say nothing. Not more innuendo. Not more double talk. Just actual, clear confirmation of who and what to expect from Guns N' Roses in 2016.

• Like 4

Anyone else thinks that the reason Axl wants to keep Frank and Fortus, is so he got an advantage? So while Slash is busy playing, they will gang up on him, nWo style?

I said something similar a few months back, not about ganging up as such but he's made it clear in the past he didn't enjoy the UYI tour because of the dynamics so I could see him wanting to keep some of the newer guys on board rather than risk the Slash/Duff/Matt trio banding together once again. Having said that maybe those issues have been resolved and totally put to bed now.

I guess without any members of NuGNR, it will make Axl look bad, esp on what he tried to build.

Anyway, surely, Axl will be asked what made him drop NuGNR and go for a reunion. I wonder if he will admit NuGNR was a failure.

I honestly don't care if they don't play on Kimmel. I just want actually confirmation of what to expect during 2016. Not long winded responses that say nothing. Not more innuendo. Not more double talk. Just actual, clear confirmation of who and what to expect from Guns N' Roses in 2016.

I wonder what the word/s of choice will be? Reuniting, rebanding, revisiting, reevaluating, reimagining, re envisaging?

So many possibilities, I'm really interested to see whether Axl views this as harking back or moving forward (or both).

• Like 2

Anyone else thinks that the reason Axl wants to keep Frank and Fortus, is so he got an advantage? So while Slash is busy playing, they will gang up on him, nWo style?

I said something similar a few months back, not about ganging up as such but he's made it clear in the past he didn't enjoy the UYI tour because of the dynamics so I could see him wanting to keep some of the newer guys on board rather than risk the Slash/Duff/Matt trio banding together once again. Having said that maybe those issues have been resolved and totally put to bed now.

I guess without any members of NuGNR, it will make Axl look bad, esp on what he tried to build.

Anyway, surely, Axl will be asked what made him drop NuGNR and go for a reunion. I wonder if he will admit NuGNR was a failure.

I'm not convinced he views the past 20 years as a failure, I don't agree it was as a whole (although some things individually did fail). I guess we can judge that better after seeing what he says on Tuesday.

I don't even want them to play on Kimmel. I don't trust Axl. Let's not announce the reunion and embarrass it in the same breath.

If he's gonna struggle, it would be even bigger letdown to do so after 4 months of hype following the announcement.

True. But I at least wanna be happy for 4 months before the inevitable comedown.

This is W.Axl Rose were talkin about here since when has he ever admitted to being wrong? He's not gonna admit that NuGnR was a failed project.

I wonder what the word/s of choice will be? Reuniting, rebanding, revisiting, reevaluating, reimagining, re envisaging?

So many possibilities, I'm really interested to see whether Axl views this as harking back or moving forward (or both).

If the rumor of an 8-man lineup is true, I'd put my money on "evolving".

• Like 1

I wonder if he will admit NuGNR was a failure.

Lol you have a better chance of Axl shitting onstage at the first show. He's not gonna admit defeat. He will casually change the subject.

If making amends with Slash happened prior to DJ leaving, and evidence suggests it probably did, and if DJ leaving was unexpected then it probably feels (to Axl) like a natural progression of events rather than a back tracking. Therefore I can easily see this thought of as a going forward event rather than 'shit, I've reached the end of the road'.

All speculation on my part though.

I'm not convinced he views the past 20 years as a failure, I don't agree it was as a whole (although some things individually did fail). I guess we can judge that better after seeing what he says on Tuesday.

Lol you have a better chance of Axl shitting onstage at the first show. He's not gonna admit defeat. He will casually change the subject.

This is W.Axl Rose were talkin about here since when has he ever admitted to being wrong? He's not gonna admit that NuGnR was a failed project.

Well, he did say "not in this lifetime" towards Slash; so maybe he is a changed man. Open Kimmel interview with "My vision of GNR failed, GNR sucks the past 20 years, now back to greatness with Slash!".

The three main guys from Guns quit, I don't think he had much of a choice. Yes he could of gone solo but why should he? Personally I though CD was solid stuff, I'm just curious what happens to the completed material in the vault. There's no way nu guns only made 14 songs.

If the rumor of an 8-man lineup is true, I'd put my money on "evolving".

8 man?! I hope not!

I wonder if he will admit NuGNR was a failure.

change subject? he wont be asked anything about the old band probably

Well, he did say "not in this lifetime" towards Slash; so maybe he is a changed man. Open Kimmel interview with "My vision of GNR failed, GNR sucks the past 20 years, now back to greatness with Slash!".

I could see how these past few years would be somewhat humbling for him.It would be a big step for him to admit that nGnR didn't work out.

The three main guys from Guns quit, I don't think he had much of a choice.

We could get into that argument now or later, but Axl basically dictated the band till they all quit. He did have a choice, he didn't have to be a prick.

Personally I though CD was solid stuff, I'm just curious what happens to the completed material in the vault.

Curb your curiosity, because it most likely doesn't exist. CD II isn't a thing, its a fantasy.

There's no way nu guns only made 14 songs.

Yeah there is. Axl basically treated the band like a side project whenever he felt like/had to tour. People don't want to believe they only made 14 songs, but in the end the most they could have made was 20. We've heard none of them, and I don't think thats just them being good at keeping it locked up. Its not a real thing.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

Yeah there is. Axl basically treated the band like a side project whenever he felt like/had to tour. People don't want to believe they only made 14 songs, but in the end the most they could have made was 20. We've heard none of them, and I don't think thats just them being good at keeping it locked up. Its not a real thing.

20? that's your guess. Don't exist? also just a guess man. We don't know how many songs Axl recorded in 24 years with a bunch of pro musicians, but so many people have talked about it, including Axl. He talked about it 3 times. Bumble talked about recording on 30 finished tracks, Brian May said many more existed. According to Axl there are at least 18 more unreleased songs and he said that in 2006.

Honestly, I think you're way off, but if you don't take his word for it and like 20 other people including Fortus that said recently there are probably 3 albums worth of material, than nothing will convince you until it's released. If it's released of course. but you have nothing to base these assumptions on. Why would all of them lie about it? especially Axl.

Edited by Rovim