The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I think that's what Axl meant with "confirmed".

There are so many "sources" out there with so many different and contradictory statements that it is just laughable. Matt is the drummer, Frank is the drummer, Steven will play the first five shows. As well as Izzy, Izzy is a full member, oh wait he's not. Axl and Slash are confirmed. Duff too. Maybe. Maybe not. Fortus, Pitman, Kushner! Wtf... Kushner? Everybody went nuts now! If Kushner is in the band they'll play some VR tunes. That's confirmed now. They'll play VR. With Slash and Duff we've got already two founding members of VR in Guns. Two members with validity but Kushner's membership is crucial for VR songs. Yeah for sure!

It's funny how the stupidest statements gets so much attention.

In fact we all don't know shit. But it's also a fact that not everybody who tweets something along GNR and 2016 will be part of this possible reunion or whatever there will be announced soon.

I might be reading into his tweet too far but it seems like his way of saying that nothing is confirmed, All made up shit at this point.

The Coachella dates are confirmed on the band's myspace page, so that's something isn't it?

Sure is something...

https://myspace.com/gunsnroses/events

I think that's what Axl meant with "confirmed".

There are so many "sources" out there with so many different and contradictory statements that it is just laughable. Matt is the drummer, Frank is the drummer, Steven will play the first five shows. As well as Izzy, Izzy is a full member, oh wait he's not. Axl and Slash are confirmed. Duff too. Maybe. Maybe not. Fortus, Pitman, Kushner! Wtf... Kushner? Everybody went nuts now! If Kushner is in the band they'll play some VR tunes. That's confirmed now. They'll play VR. With Slash and Duff we've got already two founding members of VR in Guns. Two members with validity but Kushner's membership is crucial for VR songs. Yeah for sure!

It's funny how the stupidest statements gets so much attention.

In fact we all don't know shit. But it's also a fact that not everybody who tweets something along GNR and 2016 will be part of this possible reunion or whatever there will be announced soon.

I might be reading into his tweet too far but it seems like his way of saying that nothing is confirmed, All made up shit at this point.

The Coachella dates are confirmed on the band's myspace page, so that's something isn't it?

Good find! I didn't even know that MySpace is still a thing... would never have thought to look there.

Fuck, i cant believe Slash is back in GNR. Fucking nuts, man

Crazy for sure. If only Duff and Axl ran into each other a decade earlier, maybe we could have seen this in 2006 when Axl seemed to have his act together. He is gonna need a miracle to keep up with the other guys now.

The hilarity and irony of updating the Myspace page (which, honestly, when was the last time MySpace was relevant? ) as opposed to their FB or official web page with the Coachella dates isn't lost on me. Its just another tie in to, well 'older things' and 'thing we haven't seen for a while' - if this is being done this way deliberately (and I'd tend to think it is - just speculation based upon the potential dollars involved) then its kind of being done masterfully and in ways that get the nostalgia craving a-kickin

• Like 3

How is Fred Durst getting credit for reuniting Axl and Slash?

wasn't he one of the first to say something?

Yep.. like six months or so ago now, if I recall.. my timeline might be a bit off on that. I don't keep up with GNR stuff too much any more.. real life gets in the way and all that.

I know squat all about the lineup, but I can tell you this much as I've heard from someone I know who works for Kimmel's show (well, technically, production company, Jackhole productions). Axl will be there on the show on Tuesday and he's "sure as hell not there to discuss Halloween trees" In fact, the quote I got was "We're prepped for some social media spikes for Tuesday night" - that's it.. that's all I've heard. I could be being totally fucked with - or we could simply follow Occam's Razor on this one and realize that pretty much all signs, thus far, point to this actually occurring.

Regardless, I bet any / all news about his appearance to leak as soon as Kimmel begins taping which is at 4:30 PM Pacific time. I'm sure someone there will tweet / facebook / etc what's going down almost in real time - it happens pretty much every time there's a potential 'big' event like this.

i thought the show is live? someone else said that a while back and also isn't the show called "jimmy kimmel live?"

The hilarity and irony of updating the Myspace page (which, honestly, when was the last time MySpace was relevant? ) as opposed to their FB or official web page with the Coachella dates isn't lost on me. Its just another tie in to, well 'older things' and 'thing we haven't seen for a while' - if this is being done this way deliberately (and I'd tend to think it is - just speculation based upon the potential dollars involved) then its kind of being done masterfully and in ways that get the nostalgia craving a-kickin

GN'R at its best had a good sense of humor. The MySpace update is pretty damn funny given how dead that website is.

thanks to nightrain76. Subscribe to his channel.

um Fred Durst did not get them back together...im 100% positive he was bullsh*tting with what he said lol

also GNR is a household name. kids might not care about them as much but they forsure know who they are

TMZ is so out of touch with stuff like this lol

Edited by -W.A.R-

I'm excited to see what Axl tells us on the Kimmel show! Hopefully, for everyone's sake it's at least the reunion is happening and the line-up of the band.

I will admit that I started getting into GNR about 8-10 months ago. Yes you get pick on me "old timers"; seems like some like to pull rank here unfortunately. My 2 cents worth is I would like to have the original 5, and substitute Matt and Gilby if necessary. You think they would notify us if they are doing special original 5 shows/festivals vs. a touring band supporting Axl/Slash/Duff? Allowing us to make the decision which shows we prefer to see as some are suggesting.

Also, I'm wondering where the 25 dates are going to be? Some are probably obvious, but I have not seen anyone really guessing the cities they will preform in. Hopefully, a few will be in the Southeast at least.

Don't worry about us "old timers". It really doesn't matter when you became interested in Guns N' Roses. Your opinion carries as much weight as anyone else's.

Welcome aboard! :) You did choose a very good time to become a fan.

And yes, I would think that we will be notified about the line-up/different line-ups. It would get messy if people bought tickets for a show expecting the original five, and then ended up with Axl/Slash/Duff joined by some people they might not have heard of.

Thanks! :)

How would they notify us if there are different line-ups? Banner to the concert date different for the two line-ups, a note to the date saying featuring X and Y, or by email? I get it if it's one line-up they will just tell us and let that be that.

Hopefully, the line-up or different line-ups will be addressed on Kimmel. That's all I'm asking from this interview: confirmation, whose playing, and any special notes to the line-up over the course of the shows. Ok...any management comes out on Wednesday with dates for the year and when they can take my money.

Most people I talk to and none of them are big GNR fans, know the AFD/UYI line-ups. That's the pictures/posters/videos that have been plastered everywhere for 25-30 years. People may not know their names, but they know their faces. So that's where they need to pull the band members from for this reunion to be successful on that front imo.

• Like 1

I know squat all about the lineup, but I can tell you this much as I've heard from someone I know who works for Kimmel's show (well, technically, production company, Jackhole productions). Axl will be there on the show on Tuesday and he's "sure as hell not there to discuss Halloween trees" In fact, the quote I got was "We're prepped for some social media spikes for Tuesday night" - that's it.. that's all I've heard. I could be being totally fucked with - or we could simply follow Occam's Razor on this one and realize that pretty much all signs, thus far, point to this actually occurring.

Regardless, I bet any / all news about his appearance to leak as soon as Kimmel begins taping which is at 4:30 PM Pacific time. I'm sure someone there will tweet / facebook / etc what's going down almost in real time - it happens pretty much every time there's a potential 'big' event like this.

i thought the show is live? someone else said that a while back and also isn't the show called "jimmy kimmel live?"

Pretty much all the American late night talk shows are taped about 3 - 6 hours before airing. They all occasionally do truly 'live' shows as well - but those are usually heavily hyped before hand and either directly before or after some huge event. (like a Super Bowl or some crazy movie premiere, etc) You don't see a lot of true 'live' late night talk any more.

Axl's full interview with tour dates and his thoughts on the reunion will be up soon on the revamped Guns N Roses Friendster page with an alert sent out via AOL Instant Messenger.

And here I thought only those of us on ICQ were going to get the 'true scoop' :P

• Like 2

I see in my Wild imagination this is gonna be a crazy GNR party! Basically everyone who ever is/was a member are invited. Axl, slash,duff....and then all the rest, whoever wants to join for a song/show whatever. Would be so cool! Bumblefoot, buckethead, ashba, dave....

Ok Im too drunk to this shit right now...

I'm excited to see what Axl tells us on the Kimmel show! Hopefully, for everyone's sake it's at least the reunion is happening and the line-up of the band.

I will admit that I started getting into GNR about 8-10 months ago. Yes you get pick on me "old timers"; seems like some like to pull rank here unfortunately. My 2 cents worth is I would like to have the original 5, and substitute Matt and Gilby if necessary. You think they would notify us if they are doing special original 5 shows/festivals vs. a touring band supporting Axl/Slash/Duff? Allowing us to make the decision which shows we prefer to see as some are suggesting.

Also, I'm wondering where the 25 dates are going to be? Some are probably obvious, but I have not seen anyone really guessing the cities they will preform in. Hopefully, a few will be in the Southeast at least.

Don't worry about us "old timers". It really doesn't matter when you became interested in Guns N' Roses. Your opinion carries as much weight as anyone else's.

Welcome aboard! :) You did choose a very good time to become a fan.

And yes, I would think that we will be notified about the line-up/different line-ups. It would get messy if people bought tickets for a show expecting the original five, and then ended up with Axl/Slash/Duff joined by some people they might not have heard of.

Thanks! :)

How would they notify us if there are different line-ups? Banner to the concert date different for the two line-ups, a note to the date saying featuring X and Y, or by email? I get it if it's one line-up they will just tell us and let that be that.

Hopefully, the line-up or different line-ups will be addressed on Kimmel. That's all I'm asking from this interview: confirmation, whose playing, and any special notes to the line-up over the course of the shows. Ok...any management comes out on Wednesday with dates for the year and when they can take my money.

Most people I talk to and none of them are big GNR fans, know the AFD/UYI line-ups. That's the pictures/posters/videos that have been plastered everywhere for 25-30 years. People may not know their names, but they know their faces. So that's where they need to pull the band members from for this reunion to be successful on that front imo.

If there are different line-ups, I have no idea how they would notify us who's playing when. On the official website, perhaps? If they are doing the mega band thing, though, that would make it easier. Different people playing songs from different albums. And recognisable members for everyone, regardless of when they got into GN'R.

Pretty much all the American late night talk shows are taped about 3 - 6 hours before airing. They all occasionally do truly 'live' shows as well - but those are usually heavily hyped before hand and either directly before or after some huge event. (like a Super Bowl or some crazy movie premiere, etc) You don't see a lot of true 'live' late night talk any more.

Axl's full interview with tour dates and his thoughts on the reunion will be up soon on the revamped Guns N Roses Friendster page with an alert sent out via AOL Instant Messenger.

And here I thought only those of us on ICQ were going to get the 'true scoop' :P

Kimmel is usually taped about an hour before airing, so it's not truly live, but it's closer to it than the rest.

The line-up will be fixed for every date. Can't even begin to imagine how much of a shit storm for a promoter/venue it would be if they had Izzy, Adler, Sorum, Gilby all showing up for some shows and not others. It would also be a nightmare rehearsals wise. Imagine you bought tickets to a show because you thought you were getting the classic 5, and 3 shows before you get that but then the show you're at only gets 3 of them. How many people are going to try demanding refunds in that instance? Would they confirm which shows are getting which line-up? Not a chance as that would result in some shows selling better than others.

Whatever is announced on Tuesday will be the line-up for the whole tour.

• Like 1