The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I'm rather bored with the whole thing to be honest. There is nothing really much to say on the subject until either Axl, Slash or Duff speak up. We already have line-ups with setlists for dates for the thing and it could just be a load of bollocks as it all merely emanates from Slash saying he was chums with ginger again in one interview haha!

*yawns*

how many times are you going to repeat the same shit about how reunion is boring? looks like, deep inside, you're still one of those fakegnr supporters who are waiting for the so precious cd2 (what a joke).

I would argue that some users here grew up with the newer band, I know that may hard for some to believe but that is a fact.

Or Axl Rose is our favorite singer so we look forward to what he does during his career.

I would much rather have CD2 then watch a jukebox tour with no new music. Saw GnR in their prime. Watching them reform to play Mr Brownstone for the 837rd time seems utterly boring to me.

Now a GnR album with 14 new songs - that is exciting af.

I also don't get hung up on the name of the band or who each member is. GnR's line up has constantly been revolving since the band originated. Just because supercool likes one lineup doesn't mean people can't prefer other ones. No matter how much that bothers him.

So they are offered "Megabucks" and Axl still wants to regroup the current version of GNR and play with it? Din't 2 guitarists already leave? how the hell is he going to regroup? lol

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-classic-lineup-was-reportedly-offered-megabucks-to-play-two-british-festivals/

They could have Duff re record tommys parts since they're from the same mold and have slash write his own solos and put out the response to Chinese, and your with fortus frank and pitman remaining for next year. Then tour with the rest of the appetite lineup for the 30th anniversary tour. Axl maintains his power, follows through on his promise, sees through the material while GNR still gets promoted as a reunion and considered guns n roses in the eyes of the general public. Everyone wins. Just a possibility but I could see it happening just for the sake of trying to make everyone happy...

So they are offered "Megabucks" and Axl still wants to regroup the current version of GNR and play with it? Din't 2 guitarists already leave? how the hell is he going to regroup? lol

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-classic-lineup-was-reportedly-offered-megabucks-to-play-two-british-festivals/

I actually hope that is what happens.

Axl gives us CD2 and a small tour.

Slash releases his next album and a small tour.

Then a full reunion in 2017. New album and a world tour.

That sounds just about perfect.

• Like 1

According to the site, part of the reason the GN'R reunion won't happen until 2017 is to allow Rose and Slash time to complete all their existing commitments. The report claims that Rose will regroup several of the musicians from the most recent version of GN'R in 2016 to play more gigs as a way of "showing some loyalty" to his current bandmates.

Where the heck to they get their information. Do they just blindfold themselves, jerk off, and see what comes out? I can't see Axl filling in two temporary spots only for him to reunite with the AFD line up. That would be crazy... Loyalty? Brain Gone, Paul Tobais Gone, Buckethead Gone, Finck Gone, Bumblefoot Gone, even DJ Gone. Nu GNR is on constant rotation. If a reunion of the AFD Line-up was eminent why would Axl put all the work into doing one more tour just for the sake of Pittman, Dizzy Frank and Tommy. Doesn't make sense to me.

According to the site, part of the reason the GN'R reunion won't happen until 2017 is to allow Rose and Slash time to complete all their existing commitments. The report claims that Rose will regroup several of the musicians from the most recent version of GN'R in 2016 to play more gigs as a way of "showing some loyalty" to his current bandmates.

Where the heck to they get their information. Do they just blindfold themselves, jerk off, and see what comes out? I can't see Axl filling in two temporary spots only for him to reunite with the AFD line up. That would be crazy... Loyalty? Brain Gone, Paul Tobais Gone, Buckethead Gone, Finck Gone, Bumblefoot Gone, even DJ Gone. Nu GNR is on constant rotation. If a reunion of the AFD Line-up was eminent why would Axl put all the work into doing one more tour just for the sake of Pittman, Dizzy Frank and Tommy. Doesn't make sense to me.

Mygnr haha!

• Like 1

I'll just come out and say it: anyone that believes Axl and Slash didn't bury the hatchet is a damn fool imo. After many months of neither camps denying shit, it has become obvious the status has changed.

Marc seems to think so as well. "del wishing happy b day to Slash is all the proof I need"

With Duff really friendly with Axl it completes the picture for me.

I don't know shit, but with everyday that passes and no one is denying it, I believe even more that some shit has been worked out between Axl and Slash at the very least.

Edited by Rovim

Am I the only one who took Nikki Sixx's comments as him taking the piss out of people asking him about a reunion?

It was pretty obvious that he said it in a sarcastic way, but well there are some dumb fans who take everything seriously.

even if the reunion doesnt happen, even if they dont make a public statement ever again, i can still happily live on with the thought of these two burying the hatchet

the mere thought of them discussing music, maybe jamming together, is inspirational beyond comprehension.

i dont need no fucking reunion shows. they wont feature adler and izzy anyway. i've got my ritz bootleg, its more than enough for me.

what do they still have to prove? nothing.

even if the reunion doesnt happen, even if they dont make a public statement ever again, i can still happily live on with the thought of these two burying the hatchet

the mere thought of them discussing music, maybe jamming together, is inspirational beyond comprehension.

i dont need no fucking reunion shows. they wont feature adler and izzy anyway. i've got my ritz bootleg, its more than enough for me.

Well.....I would like to hear some new music.......

Not to prove, but to do a victory lap. 7 years left until Axl is 60 years old. He claims to have an album ready to go, Slash said it was nice to get rid of some of the animosity if that interview wasn't edited which I don't believe it was.

If there is mutual respect, it's possible to collaborate, even in a limited and controlled way.

Not to prove, but to do a victory lap. 7 years left until Axl is 60 years old. He claims to have an album ready to go, Slash said it was nice to get rid of some of the animosity if that interview wasn't edited which I don't believe it was.

If there is mutual respect, it's possible to collaborate, even in a limited and controlled way.

If the miracle that would be Slash appearing on the next GNR album DOES somehow occur, I wouldn't imagine that it would be for much more than maybe 2-3 tracks.

Mygnr haha!

Guns N' Roses Ultimate Cash Grab tour! 2017 AFD 30th Reunion! See Guns N' Roses as youve neveer seen them before!! Rose, Slash, McKagan, Fortus, Ferrer, Reed. Sound about right!??? Hahaha. Edited by ChineseIRS

Am I the only one who took Nikki Sixx's comments as him taking the piss out of people asking him about a reunion?

He was dead serious.

Btw he is a mod, he can check the edit which you made :lol:

I'm aware of that. I toss and turn at night thinking about it. What mods think of my shitposts and edits.

• Like 1

Same thing could be said about Brandy Glanville.

I don't think Sixx and his huge ego likes how popular Axl still is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he said that just to throw fuel into the fire, knowing the backlash Axl is going to receive if the reunion fails to happen.

He was dead serious.

Btw he is a mod, he can check the edit which you made :lol:

I'm aware of that. I toss and turn at night thinking about it. What mods think of my shitposts and edits.

These forums are very serious business.