The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

We're basically generating our own news at this point... It's kind of scary.

Someone on the forum posts "The reunion will probably be Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, and Dizzy" and it's taken and put in an article as "Inside sources say GnR reunion will only involve Axl, Slash, and Duff from original lineup".... Someone says "I heard from a guy who knows a guy who's girlfriend's ex husband's wife's daughter's cousin's neighbor's grandfather's aunt's grandson works for the promoter that GnR will play 25 dates atleast" and that gets translated into "A credible user at MyGnR said GnR will play 25 dates."

Seriously.... We have NOTHING CREDIBLE. We have Scott Weiland and Nikki Sixx who ONLY ARE SPECULATING that they thing GnR will reunite.... We have Duff's wife's friend SUPPOSEDLY saying it will happen, and we have Slash saying that him and Axl talked.... For all we know that could've been axl just asking slash if he could release the DvD or something stupid.... It doesn't mean they had a long drawn out conversation.... People communicate with their Ex Spouse if they share custody of a kid, doesn't mean they like each other or little Suzy is going to walk in on Mommy and Daddy back together making another child....

Everyone is saying smoke means fire but your forgetting we have a bunch of people here on this forum running smoke machines....

Been thinking this for a while. Loads of wild rumours being picked up, which I know! I've read here first.

It just goes to show you how bad music media really is, and that the owners of the websites are telling their staff to watch sites like this for any update (as if we're going to get any info before anyone else)... and more importantly that they aren't bothered to fact check any of it. "Someone's made a wild statement?" well that's going to be a blabbermouth headline.

Some of the most ridiculous stuff that I've read are the current Slash interviews, he's clearly talking about conspirators recording plans, but websites rebrand it to Slash giving an update on a GnR reunion album - Slash probably didn't mention anything about reunions or working with guns, yet they still take that leap.

I'm going to need to read a statement from Someone firmly connected to GnR (preferably Slash, Axl, Duff, Del or even Beta) before I believe anything.

One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people I know, which give no fucks for GnR are aware that there's GnR rumours, and believe that it's happening. IF it happens it will be huge, but if Axl tries to come out with some new gtr player (with no reunion), I don't think it's going to work as well as last time (not that DJ worked, but you know what I mean), people are going to be pissed and will be blaming Axl 100%.

I really think Axl's backed himself into a corner, If the rumours aren't true.

This is a very insightful analysis of the crappy music "journalism" out there. I still think some rumors may have been initially planted Gordon Gekko style to create speculation frenzy. I disagree that Axl has backed himself into a corner. I think the media has tried to back him into a corner and he refuses to negotiate with terrorists. Just my .02.
Lol

I have to admit that you are growing on me a bit. I like how u have taken a lot of crap on here but don't respond with negativity or by lashing back. And I admire your passion for Axl.

But then posts like last one - yowza. Your ability to defend everything that Axl does.......it just seems to border on.......I'm trying to be nice, so I won't say it. But I think you know what I mean. It's like the 12-year old girls who are in love with Justin Bieber and think he is the greatest singer of all time.

The media isn't out to get Axl Rose.

And the ones who are - it's because of how Axl has personally treated them.

But I assure you. 99.99% of rock journalists are not part of some secret "Let's Destroy Axl Rose" society. They really aren't.

Look the media is out to manipulate all of us to get ratings in just about everything and anything they choose to report whether it's about entertainment or gas prices. I'm not saying the media is a secret let's destroy Axl Rose society. I do think somebody in power planted some initial rumors to get the ball rolling that would be picked up by people with no power like that idiot who runs alternativenation who likes to make himself feel powerful by posting BS . A lot of money could be made off a reunion by lots of people in the music industry. And I don't mean the artists or musicians. I would think the same thing if I were not such a huge Axl Rose fan. I just wouldn't post about it on a messageboard. If people are having fun with their speculations great. Its fun for a lot of fans. just be wary of what news is trustworthy. And the sad truth is that no mater what happens, somebody somewhere will find something to complain about. The most realistic speculation IMO is that Duff is probably back in Not sure about anybody else. the music business is ruthless. The real thugs are the men in suits.

You can thank the internet and social media would for that.

I was an editor at a newspaper for 6-7 years. And we reported the news. And stories we knew the citizens of our city wanted to read about.

The problem with the internet now is A you have regular people that are considered media just because they have a blog or a webpage. Having a blog or a website doesn't mean you are a journalist. And B - access and competition. Now everybody and everything is open for anybody. For every journalist or legit website there and 99 that are trash. But all 100 of those are fighting for viewers.

So you are somewhat correct. BUT you aren't correct by a blanket statement of "the media." That alternative nation guy is a good example. Or the fact that these internet sites are quoting GnR forums - that just shows they aren't journalists.

So you have a point. But I think you should separate journalists and real media as opposed to random dudes who wrote a blog.

I think Adler's silence is the most interesting. We all know how he likes to gob off, so this is semi-confirmation that something is happening.

Yes it is. He's always talking and now he's keeping quiet. All he has to do is keep his mouth shut til Friday apparently... Allegedly..

Someone on the forum posts "The reunion will probably be Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, and Dizzy" and it's taken and put in an article as "Inside sources say GnR reunion will only involve Axl, Slash, and Duff from original lineup".... Someone says "I heard from a guy who knows a guy who's girlfriend's ex husband's wife's daughter's cousin's neighbor's grandfather's aunt's grandson works for the promoter that GnR will play 25 dates atleast" and that gets translated into "A credible user at MyGnR said GnR will play 25 dates."

Seriously.... We have NOTHING CREDIBLE. We have Scott Weiland and Nikki Sixx who ONLY ARE SPECULATING that they thing GnR will reunite.... We have Duff's wife's friend SUPPOSEDLY saying it will happen, and we have Slash saying that him and Axl talked.... For all we know that could've been axl just asking slash if he could release the DvD or something stupid.... It doesn't mean they had a long drawn out conversation.... People communicate with their Ex Spouse if they share custody of a kid, doesn't mean they like each other or little Suzy is going to walk in on Mommy and Daddy back together making another child....

Everyone is saying smoke means fire but your forgetting we have a bunch of people here on this forum running smoke machines....

Been thinking this for a while. Loads of wild rumours being picked up, which I know! I've read here first.

It just goes to show you how bad music media really is, and that the owners of the websites are telling their staff to watch sites like this for any update (as if we're going to get any info before anyone else)... and more importantly that they aren't bothered to fact check any of it. "Someone's made a wild statement?" well that's going to be a blabbermouth headline.

Some of the most ridiculous stuff that I've read are the current Slash interviews, he's clearly talking about conspirators recording plans, but websites rebrand it to Slash giving an update on a GnR reunion album - Slash probably didn't mention anything about reunions or working with guns, yet they still take that leap.

I'm going to need to read a statement from Someone firmly connected to GnR (preferably Slash, Axl, Duff, Del or even Beta) before I believe anything.

One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people I know, which give no fucks for GnR are aware that there's GnR rumours, and believe that it's happening. IF it happens it will be huge, but if Axl tries to come out with some new gtr player (with no reunion), I don't think it's going to work as well as last time (not that DJ worked, but you know what I mean), people are going to be pissed and will be blaming Axl 100%.

This is a very insightful analysis of the crappy music "journalism" out there. I still think some rumors may have been initially planted Gordon Gekko style to create speculation frenzy. I disagree that Axl has backed himself into a corner. I think the media has tried to back him into a corner and he refuses to negotiate with terrorists. Just my .02.
Lol

I have to admit that you are growing on me a bit. I like how u have taken a lot of crap on here but don't respond with negativity or by lashing back. And I admire your passion for Axl.

But then posts like last one - yowza. Your ability to defend everything that Axl does.......it just seems to border on.......I'm trying to be nice, so I won't say it. But I think you know what I mean. It's like the 12-year old girls who are in love with Justin Bieber and think he is the greatest singer of all time.

But I assure you. 99.99% of rock journalists are not part of some secret "Let's Destroy Axl Rose" society. They really aren't.

Look the media is out to manipulate all of us to get ratings in just about everything and anything they choose to report whether it's about entertainment or gas prices. I'm not saying the media is a secret let's destroy Axl Rose society. I do think somebody in power planted some initial rumors to get the ball rolling that would be picked up by people with no power like that idiot who runs alternativenation who likes to make himself feel powerful by posting BS . A lot of money could be made off a reunion by lots of people in the music industry. And I don't mean the artists or musicians. I would think the same thing if I were not such a huge Axl Rose fan. I just wouldn't post about it on a messageboard. If people are having fun with their speculations great. Its fun for a lot of fans. just be wary of what news is trustworthy. And the sad truth is that no mater what happens, somebody somewhere will find something to complain about. The most realistic speculation IMO is that Duff is probably back in Not sure about anybody else. the music business is ruthless. The real thugs are the men in suits.

I was an editor at a newspaper for 6-7 years. And we reported the news. And stories we knew the citizens of our city wanted to read about.

The problem with the internet now is A you have regular people that are considered media just because they have a blog or a webpage. Having a blog or a website doesn't mean you are a journalist. And B - access and competition. Now everybody and everything is open for anybody. For every journalist or legit website there and 99 that are trash. But all 100 of those are fighting for viewers.

So you are somewhat correct. BUT you aren't correct by a blanket statement of "the media." That alternative nation guy is a good example. Or the fact that these internet sites are quoting GnR forums - that just shows they aren't journalists.

So you have a point. But I think you should separate journalists and real media as opposed to random dudes who wrote a blog.

Well the way the "REAL MEDIA" created such mass hysteria over the whole ebola thing last year that I was actually planning my own funeral on the CTA when they made my hospital a designated ebola center. They don't talk about ebola very much anymore. It is still out there. People still come into this country every day from Africa that are monitored here from time to time. And the tabloid industry is a multi billion dollar business. The fans have to take some accountability for that. If people were not hungry for gossip so much that scumbug photographers can get obscene amounts of money for photos the paparazzi would not exist.

Lol

Well the way the "REAL MEDIA" created such mass hysteria over the whole ebola thing last year that I was actually planning my own funeral on the CTA when they made my hospital a designated ebola center. They don't talk about ebola very much anymore. It is still out there. People still come into this country every day from Africa that are monitored here from time to time. And the tabloid industry is a multi billion dollar business. The fans have to take some accountability for that. If people were not hungry for gossip so much that scumbug photographers can get obscene amounts of money for photos the paparazzi would not exist.

Isn't that on you, though?

I had access to the same media as you and I wasn't planning my funeral. A little bit of researched calmed by worries.

As for the TMZ and those sites/magazines - you really consider them journalists? Are those the types of outlets you get your news from?

I'm glad we agree. Because your two points here have pretty much proved my point. So thank you for that!!!

Lol

Isn't that on you, though?

I had access to the same media as you and I wasn't planning my funeral. A little bit of researched calmed by worries.

As for the TMZ and those sites/magazines - you really consider them journalists? Are those the types of outlets you get your news from?

I'm glad we agree. Because your two points here have pretty much proved my point. So thank you for that!!!

Glad we agree on something.But don't kid yourself. CNN and all those are just as manipulative when it comes to politics.

As far as ebola the only people at risk are critical care nurses and doctors. Taking off the hazmat suit that is covered in infectious waste is where you have the greatest chance of exposure.And try breathing in that thing for 4 hours.

And when the douchbag director of the CDC threw the nurses who got sick under the bus he caused an epidemic of panic among nurses nationwide.

Guns N' Roses@gunsnroses Nov 9

Surely they'll read between the lines

Don't you worry, TB, we're all Reading now. :popcorn:

so reading it is

Absolutely. It's confirmed. Guaranteed.

Axl (totally fit and half-naked, circa 1991), Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven/Matt are playing at Reading.

It's all set. It's done. Confirmed.

They'll start the show with The General and then play songs from all their solo records, followed by Slash playing Bucket's solos from ChiDem2.

Here's my question:

Fernando was here a few months ago and was saying big news was coming. 3 months or something. Is this what he was talking about?

I doubt it. But then was he just lying out of his ass? Cause thats hysterical cause we had to treat the guy like a king even though he probably didn't know anything or have anything to say. We just had to take him at his word cause he's Fernando.

I guess if this reunion does happen, people can say "Oh Fernando called it first", but I think that'd just be dumb luck. I guess I'm wondering if he was lying and knew nothing, or this all just happened since then and no one could have predicted that. Either way, we never got news in 3 months, so the guy was a rotten liar.

Would anyone be kind enough to give a brief summary of where we are at this time in regards to a reunion? What's known, credible tumors of any, is everything all circumstantial? I work with UPS so this time of year I can't really keep track as much as I'd like.

Here's my question:

Fernando was here a few months ago and was saying big news was coming. 3 months or something. Is this what he was talking about?

I doubt it. But then was he just lying out of his ass? Cause thats hysterical cause we had to treat the guy like a king even though he probably didn't know anything or have anything to say. We just had to take him at his word cause he's Fernando.

I guess if this reunion does happen, people can say "Oh Fernando called it first", but I think that'd just be dumb luck. I guess I'm wondering if he was lying and knew nothing, or this all just happened since then and no one could have predicted that. Either way, we never got news in 3 months, so the guy was a rotten liar.

Haha. It reminds me of the insiders that were "right" in 2008. Blind squirrels...

I think this is actually happening. When I say this, I mean, some version of GnR will be at Reading next year. What the lineup will be, who knows. It doesn't really matter to me who's playing, as long as Axl isn't the weakest link and comes ready to impress (ala 2010).

Also, let's turn that tired old setlist on it's head once and for all.

Edited by GNR 1991

Here's my question:

*IF* it happens, I would have to assume it's been in the works for some time.

Would anyone be kind enough to give a brief summary of where we are at this time in regards to a reunion? What's known, credible tumors of any, is everything all circumstantial? I work with UPS so this time of year I can't really keep track as much as I'd like.

Honestly? We know the same things we've known for months which is pretty much nothing.

Well it's my birthday and I'm really drunk but we're pretty close to the same boat. I've been following this with detached amusement. But it sounds like Friday could be the day the reunion is announced...in some kind of shape or form, of which we have no clue until it happens...I'd say it's at about 52/48 right now.

Hey journalists! Pick this up:

Next year will see the long-awaited reunion between Axl and legendary GN'R guitarist Buckethead. The reunion will consist of a massive tour of Norway hitting all major markets, including Brønnøysund and Sandnesjøen. The tour will be followed by a live DVD and 2 new records of original material recorded before the release of Chinese Democracy in 2008.

You can quote me on that. That's Soul Monster with capital S and M.

Aw man, they're not coming to Kautokeino?

Here's my question:

Honestly? We know the same things we've known for months which is pretty much nothing.

Yup, and there is my thread that lists all the rumours and news we had regarding the reunion that you decided to lock because "there is already a reunion thread".

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212965-all-the-evidence-we-have-about-the-reunion/#entry4039126

+ Scott Weiland saying it's happening.

+ rumour that says GNR will headline Coachella, Reading & Leeds, Glastonbury festivals.

+ Slot machine featuring Axl, Slash and Duff

+ Original lineup merchandise on official GNR store

+ Chinese Democracy forum closed

Sure i forgot something.

Oh and lets not forget R&L shoud be announced this friday, so maybe we get an official statement from GNR this week?

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Here's my question:

Yup, and there is my thread that lists all the rumours and news we had regarding the reunion that you decided to lock because "there is already a reunion thread".

Respectfully seconded. Russ does fine work keeping the forum neat and discourse respectful. However with an event as significant to the band's history, a moderator run pinned thread (with no discussion) plainly reporting rumors and a timeline of events would be extremely useful. There's so much smoke at this point to the fire it's too difficult to corral it all to one thread for enjoyable and lucid discussion.