The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Well whatever the future may bring I will support Axl and GNR and I will attend as many shows as possible regardless of lineup.

That's me in the bottom right hand corner.

You look like you'd blow away in a light breeze. Time to spend a week eating just pizza.

I have invisible wings so I can fly. :lol:

• Like 1

Holy mother of god. Some of you are actually posting your fantasy reunion touring schedules, which others here are then taking as fact.

This is psychotic. Slash said he's cool with Axl now.

Literally NOTHING else has been said or done. Nothing!!

But what makes it even worse, with all that has been reported, nothing has been said to negate any of this

Bristol Post don't even get their local articles right, let alone something like that.

I'll knock on their door on my lunch break on Friday if there is no announcement.

Since my post got deleted without reason, without messaging me.

Calling TeamBrazil on their 2-4 months - it's 4 months on Saturday.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212248-2-4-months-whats-the-news/page-1

If you believed that 2-4 month shit, I have a bridge to sell you. #4HourMeetingStartsNow

I don't, I just enjoy calling out bullshit. I bumped that thread to do exactly that, but the powers that be decided I should be silenced.

LOL, no need for dramatics.

I removed the post seeing as all of that is being discussed in this thread. 95% of the time I send a PM immediately when I do things like that but I got sidetracked in this case.

Out of all these links the Bristol post is the only one that's legit, off the record. So... I guess the waits over then according to this. 8 Am Friday we should be getting a reunion announcement.

Looks like Santa finally came and put our presents under the Christmas tree. Wonder if we'll get to Christmas morning with no one peaking...

The article has been pulled (which even raises my eyebrow, and I'm as cynical about this as anyone) - what did it say? Did it actually have new info, or just more of the same speculating?
Really? Maybe for you, gotta be something in your settings. I pulled up the link no problem. It's from the Bristol Post, which seems to be a legit source, which is a nice change of pace in comparison to sources like dish nation which aren't reliable..

All it says is the same as the link posted above.. LEEDS and READING festival lineups will be announced Friday and GNR is expected to headline. So we are expected to get the announcement Friday.

Edited by Billsfan

Out of all these links the Bristol post is the only one that's legit, off the record. So... I guess the waits over then according to this. 8 Am Friday we should be getting a reunion announcement.

Looks like Santa finally came and put our presents under the Christmas tree. Wonder if we'll get to Christmas morning with no one peaking...

The article has been pulled (which even raises my eyebrow, and I'm as cynical about this as anyone) - what did it say? Did it actually have new info, or just more of the same speculating?
Really? Maybe for you, gotta be something in your settings. I pulled up the link no problem. It's from the Bristol Post, which seems to be a legit source, which is a nice change of pace in comparison to sources like dish nation which aren't reliable..

All it says is the same as the link posted above.. LEEDS and READING festival lineups will be announced Friday and GNR is expected to headline. So we are expected to get the announcement Friday.

The first names are due to be announced on Friday, that does not mean GNR would be revealed as one of the names.

The first names are due to be announced on Friday, that does not mean GNR would be revealed as one of the names.

Very true, but if it is in fact the original lineup headlining Friday would be as good of a time as ever to announce it.

Very true, but if it is in fact the original lineup headlining Friday would be as good of a time as ever to announce it.

Yup, announce it sooner than later so if it all falls apart you already sold the tickets.

Yup, announce it sooner than later so if it all falls apart you already sold the tickets.

Pretty confident aren't ya?! Lol you can't announce GNR are headlining two days before the show.. You have to promote it. Also, it may not necessarily fall apart. You don't know that. I'd announce it, realistically they'd have to begin rehearsing in February or March

Holy mother of god. Some of you are actually posting your fantasy reunion touring schedules, which others here are then taking as fact.

This is psychotic. Slash said he's cool with Axl now.

Literally NOTHING else has been said or done. Nothing!!

That's a little bit of an oversimplification of what's going on here. While I agree that there is little as of yet in terms of hard evidence, the circumstantial evidence is off the charts.

Pretty confident aren't ya?! Lol you can't announce GNR are headlining two days before the show.. You have to promote it. Also, it may not necessarily fall apart. You don't know that. I'd announce it, realistically they'd have to begin rehearsing in February or March

The festival is in June, realistically a festival only needs about 2 months to promote this name. The tickets will sell out once they are confirmed (only the reunited version of course).

Sure but this isn't just any announcement. And let's hope we don't have to wait that long

The festival is in June, realistically a festival only needs about 2 months to promote this name. The tickets will sell out once they are confirmed (only the reunited version of course).

We're basically generating our own news at this point... It's kind of scary.

Someone on the forum posts "The reunion will probably be Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, and Dizzy" and it's taken and put in an article as "Inside sources say GnR reunion will only involve Axl, Slash, and Duff from original lineup".... Someone says "I heard from a guy who knows a guy who's girlfriend's ex husband's wife's daughter's cousin's neighbor's grandfather's aunt's grandson works for the promoter that GnR will play 25 dates atleast" and that gets translated into "A credible user at MyGnR said GnR will play 25 dates."

Seriously.... We have NOTHING CREDIBLE. We have Scott Weiland and Nikki Sixx who ONLY ARE SPECULATING that they thing GnR will reunite.... We have Duff's wife's friend SUPPOSEDLY saying it will happen, and we have Slash saying that him and Axl talked.... For all we know that could've been axl just asking slash if he could release the DvD or something stupid.... It doesn't mean they had a long drawn out conversation.... People communicate with their Ex Spouse if they share custody of a kid, doesn't mean they like each other or little Suzy is going to walk in on Mommy and Daddy back together making another child....

Everyone is saying smoke means fire but your forgetting we have a bunch of people here on this forum running smoke machines....

I really like the running smoke machines metaphor. And that is the danger of clickbait sites like that horrid alternativenation and other forms of yellow journalism. And let's not forget the huge debt of gratitude we owe Eddie Trunk for being one of the first people to turn on the smoke machine.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

We're basically generating our own news at this point... It's kind of scary.

Someone on the forum posts "The reunion will probably be Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, and Dizzy" and it's taken and put in an article as "Inside sources say GnR reunion will only involve Axl, Slash, and Duff from original lineup".... Someone says "I heard from a guy who knows a guy who's girlfriend's ex husband's wife's daughter's cousin's neighbor's grandfather's aunt's grandson works for the promoter that GnR will play 25 dates atleast" and that gets translated into "A credible user at MyGnR said GnR will play 25 dates."

Seriously.... We have NOTHING CREDIBLE. We have Scott Weiland and Nikki Sixx who ONLY ARE SPECULATING that they thing GnR will reunite.... We have Duff's wife's friend SUPPOSEDLY saying it will happen, and we have Slash saying that him and Axl talked.... For all we know that could've been axl just asking slash if he could release the DvD or something stupid.... It doesn't mean they had a long drawn out conversation.... People communicate with their Ex Spouse if they share custody of a kid, doesn't mean they like each other or little Suzy is going to walk in on Mommy and Daddy back together making another child....

Everyone is saying smoke means fire but your forgetting we have a bunch of people here on this forum running smoke machines....

I liked Soul Monsters idea earlier in the thread of literally generating our own news. I say we go for it!

:facepalm:

100% this.

The amount of "new insiders" that have signed up lately is hilarious. It's like we're in 2004 all over again.

The funny thing about new insiders and old regulars (on all the GnR forums) that pretend they are friends with Axl is that they NEVER actually break any news. They never tell you anything that isn't already known.

They just take whatever the latest rumor is and make a vague statement about it. Or when new news comes out they say "oh I knew about that a month ago. But didn't went to break Axl's trust so I couldn't say anything.

Watch. We all can do it.

Axl and GnR are going to make an announcement soon about the reunion. They are in talks to headline a huge upcoming festival. I got this info straight from somebody in Axl's inner circle.

And

(After the famous Slash interview was aired)

It was common knowledge amongst some of of us that Axl and Slash were mending fences and talking about a potential reunion. I couldn't share that info until somebody in the band did. I didn't want to betray their trust.

See!!!! I'm an insider too!!!!!

At first I was a little bit excited til I saw his very first post that Eddie Trunk is a very reliable source.

He is more reliable than anybody on any GnR forum.

:facepalm:

100% this.

The amount of "new insiders" that have signed up lately is hilarious. It's like we're in 2004 all over again.

The funny thing about new insiders and old regulars (on all the GnR forums) that pretend they are friends with Axl is that they NEVER actually break any news. They never tell you anything that isn't already known.

They just take whatever the latest rumor is and make a vague statement about it. Or when new news comes out they say "oh I knew about that a month ago. But didn't went to break Axl's trust so I couldn't say anything.

Watch. We all can do it.

Axl and GnR are going to make an announcement soon about the reunion. They are in talks to headline a huge upcoming festival. I got this info straight from somebody in Axl's inner circle.

And

(After the famous Slash interview was aired)

It was common knowledge amongst some of of us that Axl and Slash were mending fences and talking about a potential reunion. I couldn't share that info until somebody in the band did. I didn't want to betray their trust.

See!!!! I'm an insider too!!!!!

At first I was a little bit excited til I saw his very first post that Eddie Trunk is a very reliable source.

He is more reliable than anybody on any GnR forum.

Then why is he doing so much back pedaling now.

it would have been denied if it wasn't true

That's the biggest reason why I think something is up.

I was thinking now we would see a Big letter by Axl, but well it din't happen. No one else denied it.

This thing has really gotten over blown, I know something is happening, but as Axl has always been against this reunion stuff, he would have said something.

After all of this IF it doesn't happens, it will be a big slap in the face.

• Like 1