The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Here's my question:

Fernando was here a few months ago and was saying big news was coming. 3 months or something. Is this what he was talking about?

I doubt it. But then was he just lying out of his ass? Cause thats hysterical cause we had to treat the guy like a king even though he probably didn't know anything or have anything to say. We just had to take him at his word cause he's Fernando.

I guess if this reunion does happen, people can say "Oh Fernando called it first", but I think that'd just be dumb luck. I guess I'm wondering if he was lying and knew nothing, or this all just happened since then and no one could have predicted that. Either way, we never got news in 3 months, so the guy was a rotten liar.

*IF* it happens, I would have to assume it's been in the works for some time.

Would anyone be kind enough to give a brief summary of where we are at this time in regards to a reunion? What's known, credible tumors of any, is everything all circumstantial? I work with UPS so this time of year I can't really keep track as much as I'd like.

Honestly? We know the same things we've known for months which is pretty much nothing.

Yup, and there is my thread that lists all the rumours and news we had regarding the reunion that you decided to lock because "there is already a reunion thread".
Respectfully seconded. Russ does fine work keeping the forum neat and discourse respectful. However with an event as significant to the band's history, a moderator run pinned thread (with no discussion) plainly reporting rumors and a timeline of events would be extremely useful. There's so much smoke at this point to the fire it's too difficult to corral it all to one thread for enjoyable and lucid discussion.

Sorry guys, I meant to fix this the other day.

I was going to copy & paste all the facts he listed to the first post in this thread but I just didn't get to it.

Later tonight, I'll do what's suggested here. Just pin Milo's topic and direct conversation to this thread.

edit-

Went ahead and did it just now.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212965-all-the-evidence-we-have-about-the-reunion/#entry4039126

+ Scott Weiland saying it's happening.

+ rumour that says GNR will headline Coachella, Reading & Leeds, Glastonbury festivals.

+ Slot machine featuring Axl, Slash and Duff

+ Original lineup merchandise on official GNR store

+ Chinese Democracy forum closed

Sure i forgot something.

Oh and lets not forget R&L shoud be announced this friday, so maybe we get an official statement from GNR this week?

You forgot Slash being asked if he and Axl are now friends and Slash saying yes, although not using the word friend.

The GNR tweets that people think indicating something.

Nikki Sixx saying "ITS HAPPENING AND EVERYONE KNOWS!!!" in huge block letters.

You could maybe even include Ashba saying he's heard nothing but he's a fan and would love to see.

Oh, Gilby saying he's honestly heard nothing.

There's a lot, but you got the big ones. I agree, ONE thread that just lists every new shred of possible evidence wouldn't really be that cluttered here.

Well, Pearl Jam are also confirming their European summer tour (with festivals) this Friday, if the rumors are true.

So, Reading might be confirming Pearl Jam. Though I do doubt it, seeing as they'll be starting in June. Bands don't tend to tour for more than two months in Europe.

Well, Pearl Jam are also confirming their European summer tour (with festivals) this Friday, if the rumors are true.

So, Reading might be confirming Pearl Jam. Though I do doubt it, seeing as they'll be starting in June. Bands don't tend to tour for more than two months in Europe.

Bruce Springsteen is also rumored to be announcing a tour on Friday. So that probably has nothing to do with either of these bands, and isn't rumored to involve Europe, but I'm just excited for that.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212965-all-the-evidence-we-have-about-the-reunion/#entry4039126

+ Scott Weiland saying it's happening.

+ rumour that says GNR will headline Coachella, Reading & Leeds, Glastonbury festivals.

+ Slot machine featuring Axl, Slash and Duff

+ Original lineup merchandise on official GNR store

+ Chinese Democracy forum closed

Sure i forgot something.

Oh and lets not forget R&L shoud be announced this friday, so maybe we get an official statement from GNR this week?

You forgot Slash being asked if he and Axl are now friends and Slash saying yes, although not using the word friend.

The GNR tweets that people think indicating something.

Nikki Sixx saying "ITS HAPPENING AND EVERYONE KNOWS!!!" in huge block letters.

You could maybe even include Ashba saying he's heard nothing but he's a fan and would love to see.

Oh, Gilby saying he's honestly heard nothing.

There's a lot, but you got the big ones. I agree, ONE thread that just lists every new shred of possible evidence wouldn't really be that cluttered here.

Yup but thats on the thread i posted :P

I'm so freaking excited for Fri.

After nothing happens on Fri, it will be so fun to read all the comments here.

There was a snake oil cult pastor who kept saying the world would end every single year. And every year, hundreds of his followers would bankrupt themselves trying to spread the word. The worst was this retired transit worker here in NYC who emptied out his life savings on buying subway ads saying END OF THE WORLD!

That's what all this reunion insanity reminds me of.

Edited by niceguy

I'm so freaking excited for Fri.

After nothing happens on Fri, it will be so fun to read all the comments here.

There was a snake oil cult pastor who kept saying the world would end every single year. And every year, hundreds of his followers would bankrupt themselves trying to spread the word. The worst was this retired transit worker here in NYC who emptied out his life savings on buying subway ads saying END OF THE WORLD!

That's what all this reunion insanity reminds me of.

If nothing gets announced on Friday, I'm certain all of our new found "insiders" will be certain to stop by and let us know that "plans changed"

Bruce Springsteen is also rumored to be announcing a tour on Friday. So that probably has nothing to do with either of these bands, and isn't rumored to involve Europe, but I'm just excited for that.

I just watched the River documentary on HBO. Fantastic. Bruce is so proud of his songs and his work. It's also amazing how many songs he writes during the recording process. Hundreds for the album. I feel like Axl always got bogged down in trying to be perfect. Look at the number of songs Bruce or the Stones have written. They all not masterpieces but in continuing with the creative process they wrote so many masterpieces. Axl is trying to make everything a masterpiece and thus gets bogged down. That is why Izzy is so important to the process. He can write fast and furious like Bruce.

When all these festivals announce their lineups and there's no gnr in them I wonder how all these sites will react.

I'm certain it'll be more of the same. The Axl defenders going on about how things will move forward when he's ready, etc etc.

When all these festivals announce their lineups and there's no gnr in them I wonder how all these sites will react.

I'm certain it'll be more of the same. The Axl defenders going on about how things will move forward when he's ready, etc etc.

I don't think they are going to be in any of the festivals. No insider knowledge here. Just an opinion.

I just watched the River documentary on HBO. Fantastic. Bruce is so proud of his songs and his work. It's also amazing how many songs he writes during the recording process. Hundreds for the album. I feel like Axl always got bogged down in trying to be perfect. Look at the number of songs Bruce or the Stones have written. They all not masterpieces but in continuing with the creative process they wrote so many masterpieces. Axl is trying to make everything a masterpiece and thus gets bogged down. That is why Izzy is so important to the process. He can write fast and furious like Bruce.

Totally agree, and Slash the same way for that matter. Izzy can continually write songs and Slash is always writing music. Thats why despite them apparently not being that close, they work well together. Cause they kind of just throw something together and release it, and you'd hope that combining both of those two would weed out the subpar stuff and leave only greatness. I don't know if its Axl trying for perfection. I personally think he just lost a vision of something to write about. Bruce talks about really wanting to write about relationships at the time of The River, cause thats what he was going through, the same way the stuff on Darkness is well... darker, cause he was dealing with lawsuits and not being able to record. I think once Axl got huge and everyone left him, he was at a loss to write about. Combine that with a bit of his perfectionism and his need to constantly overlayer things, evident in Use Your Illusion, and you get someone that just doesn't work. After Chinese flopped, I think he just thought it was too much work to not make a huge impact and saw no use to continue that, as opposed to Izzy and Slash who never stop.

Glad to hear you liked the Bruce thing though. Still waiting for the box so I haven't seen it yet. I was upset that it was just him and no band member opinions. Cause god, when Bruce gets talking it can get VERY dry, and a little pompous. But I would trust if you said it was good, and in the end you are right, I think it more comes down to the fact that he really loves his songs and is proud of the work he's made.

So the Reading line-up is being announced Friday at 8am in Western Eurpoean Time, right?

Which means 3am for us east coast Americans...Welp, if this turns out to be legit I may not get any sleep from Thursday night into Friday morning lol

A UK festival won't get priority announcement. The announcement will likely come at about 7pm for East Coast Americans. It just doesn't make sense for a UK festival to announce its first headliner at 1am. 8am is pretty much as early as it can be for a UK festival announcement, and even then that's earlier than usual. That's if it's GnR of course.

I hope the big announcement is the release date for CD2.

Axl wanna see CD2 tank harder than CD1? Announce it when everyone is hoping for a reunion announcement.

I'm not even joking, I think most people would kill him.

You have songs like Down By The Ocean featuring Duff and Izzy, a harder song with Slash and you have your semi reunion album.

I hope the big announcement is the release date for CD2.

That would be a huge let down for me. Not that I'm expecting a reunion (or any announcement about anything) but just imagining the possibility of at least seeing Axl and Slash being friends again is much more exciting than leftovers from an album which sounds like total crap, in my opinion.

If Axl decides to come back from retirement, I hope it's to play with his old friend Slash to give GNR a decent farewell. This shit can't end with the pathetic Apettite for Democracy DVD and a $100 pillow announcement.

A different take on the rumours from Men's magazine, Loaded

http://loaded.co.uk/guns-n-roses-get-the-wight-stuff/

This lacts official sources, but it's the most credible / realistic look at a reunion that I've read from any media outlet.

There's a number of reasons why I don't think we'll get a reunion announcement on Friday, or anytime soon. And one of the main reasons is that Axl won't shelve the next record, he wants to release it. What part of the last 15 or so years would suggest that Axl would jump ship now? Apparently, the records done! I can see him wanting to release it, and tour it. After that he could go off with the old band as long as bridges are indeed mended.

That's not what some people want to hear but I think it's far more likely, and the truth is a reunion will be just as successful in 2017/18 as it would be in 2016 so there's no issues on the timeframe other than doing it while everyone can still pull it off.

The reunion rumors are just to sell Knock, knock, knockin on Santa's Door sweaters. If there's no announcement I expect everyone will be mature and respectful as always. We all know that a GNR reunion would be about as close to a miracle as we get.

• Like 1

The reunion rumors are just to sell Knock, knock, knockin on Santa's Door sweaters. If there's no announcement I expect everyone will be mature and respectful as always. We all know that a GNR reunion would be about as close to a miracle as we get.

Joey Ramone believed in miracles.

Joey Ramone believed in miracles.

Every time a tambourine is shook, a Pitman gets his wings and falls down drunk... on stage.

A different take on the rumours from Men's magazine, Loaded

http://loaded.co.uk/guns-n-roses-get-the-wight-stuff/

This lacts official sources, but it's the most credible / realistic look at a reunion that I've read from any media outlet.

There's a number of reasons why I don't think we'll get a reunion announcement on Friday, or anytime soon. And one of the main reasons is that Axl won't shelve the next record, he wants to release it. What part of the last 15 or so years would suggest that Axl would jump ship now? Apparently, the records done! I can see him wanting to release it, and tour it. After that he could go off with the old band as long as bridges are indeed mended.

That's not what some people want to hear but I think it's far more likely, and the truth is a reunion will be just as successful in 2017/18 as it would be in 2016 so there's no issues on the timeframe other than doing it while everyone can still pull it off.

I want to believe that. I want just something to be true, either rumor or not. I hate the not knowing.

And I want to believe what you're saying. I just can't for the life of me understand why no one would say anything then. Why is Steven all of a sudden not talking, after he said "I'd probably be the last to know". That was literally the last thing he said then we never heard from him again. Why isn't anyone asking Duff anything? Why isn't Team Brazil saying ANYTHING to fend off the rumors? It doesn't have to be a "not in this lifetime" extreme, but 100% if they don't do the reunion and Axl releases and tours the mythical CDII, it will be a failure. Cause everyone is now expecting the big thing. I don't see how they could pull that off successfully, without saying "we're doing this, then a reunion" and even then people would just wait for the reunion.

Again, I want to believe just that either its happening or not. But the silence from everyone just seems like too much. Among the rumors, which despite the fact that there's nothing truly credible (which is still hilarious to think), but I can't picture every single one of them being wrong. I'd just have never seen that for a band before.

I'm just mad that my #Appetite4December isn't going to be a thing....maybe nobody gets it.

Friday announcement...Friday is the 4th of December...it's the Appetite lineup...if that's not a trending hashtag then idk what is.

Anyways I'm very optimistic about a reunion taking place, but I don't think an announcement is even close at this point. For no details to have been leaked at this point says a lot. It will be a hell storm of rumors that come from legitimate sources when the time comes. The facts are nobody is talking which is telling and nothing really legitimate has taken place which isn't completely shocking. So I think we have a reunion coming, but not quite yet, still a lot to work out.