The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Not to prove, but to do a victory lap. 7 years left until Axl is 60 years old. He claims to have an album ready to go, Slash said it was nice to get rid of some of the animosity if that interview wasn't edited which I don't believe it was.

If there is mutual respect, it's possible to collaborate, even in a limited and controlled way.

If the miracle that would be Slash appearing on the next GNR album DOES somehow occur, I wouldn't imagine that it would be for much more than maybe 2-3 tracks.

Why wouldn't you? it's Slash in Guns. He said he thought Axl's vocals on Chinese were amazing. I think the main factor here is Axl or more specifically what he wants to do or in what capacity will he want to use Slash in a musical context.

Cause CD ll is done he says. Impossible to know and too early to think about imo if your goal is to arrive to a new conclusion. The extent of the collaboration is a big question mark like everything else right now for us in Gn'R land.

Edited by Rovim

even if the reunion doesnt happen, even if they dont make a public statement ever again, i can still happily live on with the thought of these two burying the hatchet

the mere thought of them discussing music, maybe jamming together, is inspirational beyond comprehension.

i dont need no fucking reunion shows. they wont feature adler and izzy anyway. i've got my ritz bootleg, its more than enough for me.

what do they still have to prove? nothing.

Not to prove, but to do a victory lap. 7 years left until Axl is 60 years old. He claims to have an album ready to go, Slash said it was nice to get rid of some of the animosity if that interview wasn't edited which I don't believe it was.

If there is mutual respect, it's possible to collaborate, even in a limited and controlled way.

they "could" do many great things. but like you said time is running out, there wont be "that" many things coming.

the higher the expectations, the bigger the potential disappointment.

if you'd ask me a year ago, what would really make me happy, i'd say it was them getting along again. in the end, isnt that all that counts? we already have that, it's coming from slash himself, and its ok. everything else is a bonus. which, i'm not sure i'm ready to handle just now.

who's to say live shows / rehearsals wouldnt lead to new conflict and we're off for a new war?

there is no way, however, i'm going to let myself get dissapointed if no show happens.

if you'd ask me a year ago, what would really make me happy, i'd say it was them getting along again. in the end, isnt that all that counts?

Of course not.

More is what counts. With 1 album in 24 years, more will be nice. With 20 years of unused perfect musical chemistry between Axl and Slash, you can't seriously tell me them being friends again is all that counts. I am a fan, a starving fan, so naturally I want more. Especially when Axl is getting old and all of them are alive. I want them to collaborate again, it's not that hard for them to do and not too much to ask for.

If the miracle that would be Slash appearing on the next GNR album DOES somehow occur, I wouldn't imagine that it would be for much more than maybe 2-3 tracks.

Why wouldn't you? it's Slash in Guns. He said he thought Axl's vocals on Chinese were amazing. I think the main factor here is Axl or more specifically what he wants to do or in what capacity will he want to use Slash in a musical context.

Cause CD ll is done he says. Impossible to know and too early to think about imo if your goal is to arrive to a new conclusion. The extent of the collaboration is a big question mark like everything else right now for us in Gn'R land.

Honestly? Because I imagine the other finished tracks slated for the next album are a bit too "out there" for Slash. If there's a few tracks along the lines of Catcher, Sorry & TIL (straight forward, bluesy rock tracks) sure, I can see Slash doing something. But tracks like (songs I love) Shackler's, Better, TWAT & IRS? I...just can't see Slash diving into stuff like that. Who knows? If something as unlikely as Slash appearing on a GNR record happen, I guess all bets could be off...

Honestly? Because I imagine the other finished tracks slated for the next album are a bit too "out there" for Slash. If there's a few tracks along the lines of Catcher, Sorry & TIL (straight forward, bluesy rock tracks) sure, I can see Slash doing something. But tracks like (songs I love) Shackler's, Better, TWAT & IRS? I...just can't see Slash diving into stuff like that. Who knows? If something as unlikely as Slash appearing on a GNR record happen, I guess all bets could be off...

I can see Slash on stuff like TWAT and IRS.

I think it all comes down to Slash's willingness to participate. What is pretty certain is that most NuGNR tracks are *not* exactly Slash's preferred style.

So they are offered "Megabucks" and Axl still wants to regroup the current version of GNR and play with it? Din't 2 guitarists already leave? how the hell is he going to regroup? lol

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-classic-lineup-was-reportedly-offered-megabucks-to-play-two-british-festivals/

I actually hope that is what happens.

Axl gives us CD2 and a small tour.

Slash releases his next album and a small tour.

Then a full reunion in 2017. New album and a world tour.

That sounds just about perfect.

It certainly does.

How many days is it now?

Well, GNR are not playing the Home on the Range concert next year. They already announced the bands and GNR was not one of them.

Axl is so damned quiet. He hasn't tweeted for a long time now.

I still wonder about the whole Axl and Slash talking to one another and putting their problems to rest.

Like man no Official announcement has even made regarding the tour and most of the people here are talking about Slash recording his parts for CD 2 LOL

It can be very easy to forget we are talking about a finished album according to Axl. And it's 15 years old. But still, a finished album.

And if you want something logical I'll just point you again to Marc's only direct remark on the current situation between Axl and Slash.

Axl cares about the clock ticking you can be damn sure about that. He knows it's gonna be the last round. Duff is his friend again, played Chinese material.

It's not too far fetched to talk about Slash playing on CD ll when you factor Axl wanted Slash on Chinese. If he's cool with him again, why wouldn't he want to collaborate in some capacity with him? Axl is not stupid, I think he knows Slash is valuble to Guns.

So it's possible. Anything is possible in Gn'R land. Stranger things have happened. When you get old you start to feel the clock ticking. Even if you're Axl Rose. I don't see him assembling another line up with 2 new guitar players if Slash is available.

Just a hypothetical scenario.

Like man no Official announcement has even made regarding the tour and most of the people here are talking about Slash recording his parts for CD 2 LOL

It can be very easy to forget we are talking about a finished album according to Axl. And it's 15 years old. But still, a finished album.

And if you want something logical I'll just point you again to Marc's only direct remark on the current situation between Axl and Slash.

Axl cares about the clock ticking you can be damn sure about that. He knows it's gonna be the last round. Duff is his friend again, played Chinese material.

It's not too far fetched to talk about Slash playing on CD ll when you factor Axl wanted Slash on Chinese. If he's cool with him again, why wouldn't he want to collaborate in some capacity with him? Axl is not stupid, I think he knows Slash is valuble to Guns.

So it's possible. Anything is possible in Gn'R land. Stranger things have happened. When you get old you start to feel the clock ticking. Even if you're Axl Rose. I don't see him assembling another line up with 2 new guitar players if Slash is available.

Just a hypothetical scenario.

I have a better plan, the album which he has completed, he should just release it?

New story on blabbermouth says no reunion until 2017??

Don't believe Blabbermouth, believe what I say, I am their source.

They misunderstood me, I told them the anniversary of AFD is in 2017, so they by mistake wrote no reunion till 2017.

I just talked to Axl, he said things are being working on and he said soon is the word.

Today I will probably talk to Fortus, Probably he will give me some good news, lets see if he probably has something to tell us.

• Like 3

They misunderstood me, I told them the anniversary of AFD is in 2017, so they by mistake wrote no reunion till 2017.

I just talked to Axl, he said things are being working on and he said soon is the word.

Today I will probably talk to Fortus, Probably he will give me some good news, lets see if he probably has something to tell us.

I just talked to Dizzy and asked him if there would be a reunion. His answer was, "who are you? Got any coke?"

The wait continues...

• Like 1

I just talked to Dizzy and asked him if there would be a reunion. His answer was, "who are you? Got any coke?"

The wait continues...

So it was you who was troubling the legendary Diswald Reed. He is pretty busy rehearsing for his legendary band Hookers & Blow. He is playing Big Stadium shows next year and all of them have been sold out.

I do have some passes, if you want then I can hook you up.

The wait continues...

So it was you who was troubling the legendary Diswald Reed. He is pretty busy rehearsing for his legendary band Hookers & Blow. He is playing Big Stadium shows next year and all of them have been sold out.

I do have some passes, if you want then I can hook you up.

The original lineup is reuniting for a massive global tour.

The original Hookers & Blow, I mean.

according to my source, paul is laying down the last lead guitar tracks for CD3 (CD2 was cancelled in the maelstrom), replacing the ones slash did last september

everything should be in place for a massive world tour in 2020, celebrating the 30 year anniversary of the farm aid concert. steven adler is expected to make a cameo appearance, when he comes crashing into frank's drum kit in an epic battle of the drummers

stay tuned.

I think it all comes down to Slash's willingness to participate. What is pretty certain is that most NuGNR tracks are *not* exactly Slash's preferred style.

True. I dont see Slash being into Chinese, Shacklers, Better, If The World, Scraped, and Prostitute.

I have a better plan, the album which he has completed, he should just release it?

Axl doesn't "just" release anything. If history has thought us anything, is that when it comes to his own material, Axl always seems to want to give it the proper conditions to be represented. In the studio, but live as well.

So I imagine he'd want to support a Guns album with a tour. Slash possibly rejoining changes many variables. It's relevant.

And when Axl hired Bumble, he used him in the studio and it was done fairly quickly.

Again: Axl, according to Marc, wanted Slash to play on a couple of tunes on Chinese years ago, when he was very bitter and angry. He admitted in an interview that he just couldn't do certain songs without Slash in Guns anymore.

Now, that supposedly things are cool between them, it's not out of the realm of possibility he'd want to use Slash's talent in the studio.

Edited by Rovim

GN’R Are ​​"Days Away" From my ass. Thats where GN'R are.

Not gonna happen, guys. Loose your illusion.

Simply Axl will tour next year with New GNR and in some Dates, Izzy, Duff and Slash will come up to the stage to play some of the classics. Just like it has been in the past but with the addition of Slash for some dates.

I seriously doubt Slash would want (or the fanbase for that matter) to be just a "temp" guitarist, filling in for some songs..especially given his and Axl's previous relationship. IF he comes back he'll have a full slot (sort to speak) and will play the whole set, IMO.

I think that is a debatable point. What is unappealing to Slash about showing up on his terms as a gust star that blows the roof off the place? You're saying he'd rather be locked into a tour with a man he didn't get along with for 2 decades? Think that through.

I think that is a debatable point. What is unappealing to Slash about showing up on his terms as a gust star that blows the roof off the place? You're saying he'd rather be locked into a tour with a man he didn't get along with for 2 decades? Think that through.

Yeah, Slash is a pro. He's a seasoned session guitar player as well. He adapts easily, especially when it comes to hard rock. He can record for 2 weeks and come up with many ideas that might work. His guitar playing naturally connects with Axl's voice and vocal melodies.

Fortus has mentioned one song that Slash was responsible for. Came up with the initial idea. If there is a collaboration, my guess is Slash will be happy to be a part of a Guns album again, but maybe I'm wrong.

Slash isn't as precious about what he does in the studio as Axl is. I don't think he'd refuse if Axl asked him to record a few solos and riffs or even more than that.

But like I've said, I believe it has more to do with what Axl wants to do musically. Where does he want to go now? there are a lot of options at his disposal.

Edited by Rovim