Erin's 2013 auction outcome?

Its one of the few times I relate to Axl being fed up with his own "celebrity". Like, he probably brought it upon himself, and maybe even deserves it, but he's a sensitive guy at the end of the day, and for someone to make a good chunk of money off of shit Axl just touched, or personal photos of clearly private moments... just kind of shitty. A classic time you wouldn't want to be a celebrity.

She was married to him, and he knows him on a personal level... I think she had a certain level of fame, and shied away from it after Axl.

If she wanted to sell it, so what! If she was really that bad she wouldn't have petitioned with Axl against that art show (the garage with Erins name sprayed on it).

That's a good question.. Man Erin must be money hungry to have wanted to rid of those

What good are they? She's not in a relationship with the guy anymore. Why keep em?

Agreed. So burn them. Selling them proves she probably needs the money... So maybe axl wasn't the only nutter in that relationship after all.

That's a good question.. Man Erin must be money hungry to have wanted to rid of those

You don't have to be money hungry to want to get rid of that kind of stuff. having said that if you can make some money off it why not I guess. To each their own. Especially if she felt the relationship wasn't worth the respect of privacy

Great post. Thank you.

Keep in mind that some of the things Erin sold pertained to Axl's brother and sister. She sold at least one photo of them as kids, as well as a letter from their stepfather that was addressed to all three of the siblings.

Axl's siblings had nothing whatsoever to do with the domestic violence and beatings that Erin suffered, they are not public figures, and their privacy should have been protected. I don't think any of us would appreciate it if someone sold our baby pictures or documents about our conflicts with our parents because we happened to be related to someone famous. It would have been far kinder of Erin to remove those items from the sale.

Serious question - did Axl or his family speak out about the sale?

People are assuming that Axl's silence means there IS a reunion. Maybe his silence on the sale is because he gave Erin his approval. Or maybe he doesn't care.

If my next book took off and propelled me to fame and fortune, and it promoted my ex-wife to sell old love letters or pictures of me - I wouldn't care in the least bit.

The problem some people in the GnR fan base run into is they think Axl is more important than other people. That his feelings are more important than others. And that simply isn't the case. Erin is just as important as Axl. Just because he is a good singer doesn't mean his feelings are more important than the guy who makes your sandwiches at Subway.

I guess I'm alone in this but I couldn't give two shits what Erin has done with any of her own personal property.

I'm guessing that's the exact sentiment that Axl had.

I thought it was very obnoxious. Just my opinion.
You don't think people should be able to sell their own possessions? That seems a little weird or aggressive on your part.

If she owned them I don't understand why anybody would have a problem with her selling it.

I'm getting ready to sell my house and am selling a lot of old stuff. I found some items that were co-owned by my ex-wife and I. Like a blanket we got as a wedding present. Am I obnoxious and money hungry for selling them?

And do you know if Axl said anything about it? Maybe Erin reached out and asked Axl if he wanted it. And he told her to sell it all if she needed the money. Would that change your opinion on this matter?

I realize you defend and praise everything Axl does. But man, those items belonged to Erin. That should be more important than the Axl worship. IMO.

Axl didn't make a public statement denouncing Erin. That must mean he agreed with her decision.

I seriously doubt Axl was OK with her selling that stuff. And why almost 30 years later!?Supposedly she is writing a book. Whatever. A classy lady could have just returned it to him.

Lol - holy crap. Returned them to him? Like Axl is a God and the rest of us need to now down to him. You truly do think the world revolves around Axl.

Why do you doubt he wasn't Ok with it? Did he announce that publically? Did he sue her???

Axl and his lawyers put the rapid fire guy through Hell. You don't think he would have stuck his legal team ALL OVER Erin if he had a problem with what she was doing????

Keep in mind that some of the things Erin sold pertained to Axl's brother and sister. She sold at least one photo of them as kids, as well as a letter from their stepfather that was addressed to all three of the siblings.

Axl's siblings had nothing whatsoever to do with the domestic violence and beatings that Erin suffered, they are not public figures, and their privacy should have been protected. I don't think any of us would appreciate it if someone sold our baby pictures or documents about our conflicts with our parents because we happened to be related to someone famous. It would have been far kinder of Erin to remove those items from the sale.

People are assuming that Axl's silence means there IS a reunion. Maybe his silence on the sale is because he gave Erin his approval. Or maybe he doesn't care.

If my next book took off and propelled me to fame and fortune, and it promoted my ex-wife to sell old love letters or pictures of me - I wouldn't care in the least bit.

The problem some people in the GnR fan base run into is they think Axl is more important than other people. That his feelings are more important than others. And that simply isn't the case. Erin is just as important as Axl. Just because he is a good singer doesn't mean his feelings are more important than the guy who makes your sandwiches at Subway.

I guess I'm alone in this but I couldn't give two shits what Erin has done with any of her own personal property.

You don't think people should be able to sell their own possessions? That seems a little weird or aggressive on your part.

If she owned them I don't understand why anybody would have a problem with her selling it.

I'm getting ready to sell my house and am selling a lot of old stuff. I found some items that were co-owned by my ex-wife and I. Like a blanket we got as a wedding present. Am I obnoxious and money hungry for selling them?

And do you know if Axl said anything about it? Maybe Erin reached out and asked Axl if he wanted it. And he told her to sell it all if she needed the money. Would that change your opinion on this matter?

I realize you defend and praise everything Axl does. But man, those items belonged to Erin. That should be more important than the Axl worship. IMO.

Axl didn't make a public statement denouncing Erin. That must mean he agreed with her decision.

I seriously doubt Axl was OK with her selling that stuff. And why almost 30 years later!?Supposedly she is writing a book. Whatever. A classy lady could have just returned it to him.

Lol - holy crap. Returned them to him? Like Axl is a God and the rest of us need to now down to him. You truly do think the world revolves around Axl.

Why do you doubt he wasn't Ok with it? Did he announce that publically? Did he sue her???

Axl and his lawyers put the rapid fire guy through Hell. You don't think he would have stuck his legal team ALL OVER Erin if he had a problem with what she was doing????

Axl is a private person. She sold very personal things. I don't really get why she would do this 30 years after her marriage to him ended. It was bizarre. And Axl couldn't sue her since some of you said that the things in question belonged to her. Technically it was her right to sell her things. But a classy lady would have just returned them if she didn't want them.

• Like 1

Axl is a private person. She sold very personal things. I don't really get why she would do this 30 years after her marriage to him ended. It was bizarre. And Axl couldn't sue her since some of you said that the things in question belonged to her. Technically it was her right to sell her things. But a classy lady would have just returned them if she didn't want them.

Great post. Thank you. I don't always agree with you or your logic but, regardless, if she wasn't money hungry she would have just burnt them or thrown them away. I can see Erin every having bad credit and financial issue, but god forbid this might sound like I'm completely defending axl.

I'm a classy guy, and I had private notes from an ex girlfriend. Never showed them to anyone and when the relationship ended I burnt them. That's what she should have done. Case and point.

I bet Slash bought it all and returned it to Axl and now we have the reunion!

lol how funny would that be if that were true? Or even if Meegan bought them just to get them off the street?!

It's apparently anyone's guess because already we are 3 pages in and no one still has an answer for whatever happened to those letters..

• Like 1

As I recall, Axl's sister DID speak out against the sale on social media, and was not at all happy about it.

Personally? Again, I couldn't care less if Erin sold Axl's stuff. She had it for 20 + years and she disposed of it as she chose. Selling images and letters about his family, however, was an invasion of privacy. Even on this board we're asked to watch what we say about band members' children and relatives and to avoid sharing their images and personal information. That's because they are private citizens, NOT public figures, and they have a right to privacy like any other private citizens.

As for what actually happened to those letters/photos/etc. I would not be at all surprised if someone associated with Camp Axl quietly bought the more personal items in that auction so they would not be shared with the public.

Edited by stella

What a money whore move to sell private poems etc. Sure, she has that right, but what the fuck. Personal things written 30 years ago and now she can money money out of someones inner feelings. What a bitch!

I don't think anyone would be ok with that.

It seems from this thread quite many here are okay with it :D

Of course, one might ask oneself if whether they'd still be okay with it if it wasn't Axl highly personal stuff that was auctioned off ;)

• Like 1

What a money whore move to sell private poems etc. Sure, she has that right, but what the fuck. Personal things written 30 years ago and now she can money money out of someones inner feelings. What a bitch!

Yeah, she has as much right to sell it as she does to start a bonfire with it. Who the fuck gave you the right to criticize.

Yeah, she has as much right to sell it as she does to start a bonfire with it. Who the fuck gave you the right to criticize.

Who gave me the right to criticize? Freedom of speech and the mygnrforum? ;)

Don't you think it's highly moronic and immoral to sell something that someone gave to you? And this is even worse, since a lot of it is highly personalized gifts.

Who gave me the right to criticize? Freedom of speech and the mygnrforum? ;)

Don't you think it's highly moronic and immoral to sell something that someone gave to you? And this is even worse, since a lot of it is highly personalized gifts.

Highly personalized that clearly meant jack shit to her except for bad memories.

There is often a difference between what is legal and what is right. Yes, those items are legally Erin's, I guess, but that doesn't automatically mean it would be the right thing to do to sell them. If this concept is hard to grasp for you, maybe a help would be to consider if by selling some items you cause someone pain. Someone's pain as a result of your actions is usually a good indication of that action being a question of moral. You are basically thinking that your legal right to do something outweighs the affect it has on someone else. So if your ex-wife would be hurt by you selling those blankets, then it is a question of moral. If -- and this is probably the case here -- she couldn't give a rat's ass about it, then there really is no dilemma between your right to handle your possesions as you see fit and your moral obligation to prevent suffering of others. With highly personalized items related to a public figure, as is the case here, I think it is obvious that the sale could potentially be a question of moral.

Oh my god poor fucking Axl. Gee wasn't he alleged to have beat her? Yet some of you are upset becaue Erin had a "moral obligation" to protect Axl's feelings? Some of you are so laughable in your allegiance to the almighty. Don't want your personal shit sold to the public by your ex than don't fucking slap them around. Fair enough? Guess not in the land of Axl Rose fanatics. Always the victim. Pathetic. :facepalm:

For once officer, God help me, i agree with you. Legal right outweighing moral obligation is wrong? What, sort of like skanking your bandmates out of an even split of your band that you were ALL responsible for creating? Yeah, what goes around comes around and to be honest this ain't much of a coming around considering the difference between the two infractions.

When you belt a girl in the mouth you sort of forfeit the moral high ground I'd say. When you spray-paint veiled death threats you sort of give up the right to be all self righteous about this shit.

At least Erin did not try and sell something like this as belonging to Axl,

article-2194594-14B27DA5000005DC-307_634

The King's dirty under garments!

Skidmarks and all, charming!

There is often a difference between what is legal and what is right. Yes, those items are legally Erin's, I guess, but that doesn't automatically mean it would be the right thing to do to sell them. If this concept is hard to grasp for you, maybe a help would be to consider if by selling some items you cause someone pain. Someone's pain as a result of your actions is usually a good indication of that action being a question of moral. You are basically thinking that your legal right to do something outweighs the affect it has on someone else. So if your ex-wife would be hurt by you selling those blankets, then it is a question of moral. If -- and this is probably the case here -- she couldn't give a rat's ass about it, then there really is no dilemma between your right to handle your possesions as you see fit and your moral obligation to prevent suffering of others. With highly personalized items related to a public figure, as is the case here, I think it is obvious that the sale could potentially be a question of moral.

Oh my god poor fucking Axl. Gee wasn't he alleged to have beat her? Yet some of you are upset becaue Erin had a "moral obligation" to protect Axl's feelings? Some of you are so laughable in your allegiance to the almighty. Don't want your personal shit sold to the public by your ex than don't fucking slap them around. Fair enough? Guess not in the land of Axl Rose fanatics. Always the victim. Pathetic. :facepalm:

For once officer, God help me, i agree with you. Legal right outweighing moral obligation is wrong? What, sort of like skanking your bandmates out of an even split of your band that you were ALL responsible for creating? Yeah, what goes around comes around and to be honest this ain't much of a coming around considering the difference between the two infractions.

When you belt a girl in the mouth you sort of forfeit the moral high ground I'd say. When you spray-paint veiled death threats you sort of give up the right to be all self righteous about this shit.

At least Erin did not try and sell something like this as belonging to Axl,

article-2194594-14B27DA5000005DC-307_634

The King's dirty under garments!

Skidmarks and all, charming!

If you are paying $x thousands for it, the skids are mandatory, surely?