Erin's 2013 auction outcome?

so it's been more than two years since Erin Everly put +100 photos of Axl and his poems and the wedding video and many other things on an auction.

as in here

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/110/lot/47326/

I was just wondering how come we haven't seen any of those yet?

or have we?

were none bought or were non shared?

or did i miss the feast?

Edited by whatashame

One of the pics was posted here. Axl on the bed, holding up the dog, which has pooped on him. The post was deleted. At the time I didn't realise it came from Erin's auction, but looking through those pics, it seems to have come from this lot. It wasn't a pic I'd ever seen before, and it clearly was a personal candid.

So someone who posts on mygnr has some of the pics, and spent 2k getting them.

Edited by Babooshka

One of the pics was posted here. Axl on the bed, holding up the dog, which has pooped on him. The post was deleted. At the time I didn't realise it came from Erin's auction, but looking through those pics, it seems to have come from this lot. It wasn't a pic I'd ever seen before, and it clearly was a personal candid.

It was me - I confess. A picture of Axl with dog shite on him was a very appealing item for me.

• Like 1

That was a fake poop bought from those joke prop stores.

Its one of the few times I relate to Axl being fed up with his own "celebrity". Like, he probably brought it upon himself, and maybe even deserves it, but he's a sensitive guy at the end of the day, and for someone to make a good chunk of money off of shit Axl just touched, or personal photos of clearly private moments... just kind of shitty. A classic time you wouldn't want to be a celebrity.

ITA. I felt that some of what was sold was really crossing a line of privacy. Selling the outfit Axl wore in "Welcome to the Jungle?" Some old backstage access laminates? Fine. That seems like the sort of celebrity memorabilia that ends up at the Hard Rock Cafe or auctions all the time.

The childhood/personal photos, the letters he sent and the letter from his stepfather to him? Selling that stuff really was an invasion of privacy IMHO.

• Like 4

That's a good question.. Man Erin must be money hungry to have wanted to rid of those

I thought it was very obnoxious. Just my opinion.
You don't think people should be able to sell their own possessions? That seems a little weird or aggressive on your part.

If she owned them I don't understand why anybody would have a problem with her selling it.

I'm getting ready to sell my house and am selling a lot of old stuff. I found some items that were co-owned by my ex-wife and I. Like a blanket we got as a wedding present. Am I obnoxious and money hungry for selling them?

And do you know if Axl said anything about it? Maybe Erin reached out and asked Axl if he wanted it. And he told her to sell it all if she needed the money. Would that change your opinion on this matter?

I realize you defend and praise everything Axl does. But man, those items belonged to Erin. That should be more important than the Axl worship. IMO.

Axl didn't make a public statement denouncing Erin. That must mean he agreed with her decision.

Edited by Apollo

ITA. I felt that some of what was sold was really crossing a line of privacy. Selling the outfit Axl wore in "Welcome to the Jungle?" Some old backstage access laminates? Fine. That seems like the sort of celebrity memorabilia that ends up at the Hard Rock Cafe or auctions all the time.

The childhood/personal photos, the letters he sent and the letter from his stepfather to him? Selling that stuff really was an invasion of privacy IMHO.

Agreed.

That's a good question.. Man Erin must be money hungry to have wanted to rid of those

You don't think people should be able to sell their own possessions? That seems a little weird or aggressive on your part.

If she owned them I don't understand why anybody would have a problem with her selling it.

I'm getting ready to sell my house and am selling a lot of old stuff. I found some items that were co-owned by my ex-wife and I. Like a blanket we got as a wedding present. Am I obnoxious and money hungry for selling them?

And do you know if Axl said anything about it? Maybe Erin reached out and asked Axl if he wanted it. And he told her to sell it all if she needed the money. Would that change your opinion on this matter?

I realize you defend and praise everything Axl does. But man, those items belonged to Erin. That should be more important than the Axl worship. IMO.

Axl didn't make a public statement denouncing Erin. That must mean he agreed with her decision.

Regardless of what Axl thought about it, and regardless of the fact that it's Axl's (or Erin's, if you insist) stuff, it is a shitty thing to do, no matter who does it. You selling the blanket you and your ex got is something completely different than you selling your ex-wife's love letters to you, for example. I think that's pretty obvious.

• Like 3

You don't have to be money hungry to want to get rid of that kind of stuff. having said that if you can make some money off it why not I guess. To each their own. Especially if she felt the relationship wasn't worth the respect of privacy

There is often a difference between what is legal and what is right. Yes, those items are legally Erin's, I guess, but that doesn't automatically mean it would be the right thing to do to sell them. If this concept is hard to grasp for you, maybe a help would be to consider if by selling some items you cause someone pain. Someone's pain as a result of your actions is usually a good indication of that action being a question of moral. You are basically thinking that your legal right to do something outweighs the affect it has on someone else. So if your ex-wife would be hurt by you selling those blankets, then it is a question of moral. If -- and this is probably the case here -- she couldn't give a rat's ass about it, then there really is no dilemma between your right to handle your possesions as you see fit and your moral obligation to prevent suffering of others. With highly personalized items related to a public figure, as is the case here, I think it is obvious that the sale could potentially be a question of moral.

• Like 1

There is often a difference between what is legal and what is right. Yes, those items are legally Erin's, I guess, but that doesn't automatically mean it would be the right thing to do to sell them. If this concept is hard to grasp for you, maybe a help would be to consider if by selling some items you cause someone pain. Someone's pain as a result of your actions is usually a good indication of that action being a question of moral. You are basically thinking that your legal right to do something outweighs the affect it has on someone else. So if your ex-wife would be hurt by you selling those blankets, then it is a question of moral. If -- and this is probably the case here -- she couldn't give a rat's ass about it, then there really is no dilemma between your right to handle your possesions as you see fit and your moral obligation to prevent suffering of others. With highly personalized items related to a public figure, as is the case here, I think it is obvious that the sale could potentially be a question of moral.

Oh my god poor fucking Axl. Gee wasn't he alleged to have beat her? Yet some of you are upset becaue Erin had a "moral obligation" to protect Axl's feelings? Some of you are so laughable in your allegiance to the almighty. Don't want your personal shit sold to the public by your ex than don't fucking slap them around. Fair enough? Guess not in the land of Axl Rose fanatics. Always the victim. Pathetic. :facepalm:

Keep in mind that some of the things Erin sold pertained to Axl's brother and sister. She sold at least one photo of them as kids, as well as a letter from their stepfather that was addressed to all three of the siblings.

Axl's siblings had nothing whatsoever to do with the domestic violence and beatings that Erin suffered, they are not public figures, and their privacy should have been protected. I don't think any of us would appreciate it if someone sold our baby pictures or documents about our conflicts with our parents because we happened to be related to someone famous. It would have been far kinder of Erin to remove those items from the sale.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

Keep in mind that some of the things Erin sold pertained to Axl's brother and sister. She sold at least one photo of them as kids, as well as a letter from their stepfather that was addressed to all three of the siblings.

Axl's siblings had nothing whatsoever to do with the domestic violence and beatings that Erin suffered, they are not public figures, and their privacy should have been protected. I don't think any of us would appreciate it if someone sold our baby pictures or documents about our conflicts with our parents because we happened to be related to someone famous. It would have been far kinder of Erin to remove those items from the sale.

You don't know what went on though, you're just speculating. There are many ways family members can enable the problem of domestic violence, it's a more complicated issue than what you're presenting. They were around and working for GNR when all this went down, they would have been privy. We don't know what involvement they had or how they treated her, so really can not make judgements. The reasoning behind this auction is too personal for anyone here to understand imo.

Edited by Babooshka

I seriously doubt Axl was OK with her selling that stuff. And why almost 30 years later!?Supposedly she is writing a book. Whatever. A classy lady could have just returned it to him.

• Like 1

Regardless of what Axl thought about it, and regardless of the fact that it's Axl's (or Erin's, if you insist) stuff, it is a shitty thing to do, no matter who does it. You selling the blanket you and your ex got is something completely different than you selling your ex-wife's love letters to you, for example. I think that's pretty obvious.

I agree with this. Private letters are private letters and never meant for the public.. Hence why they're private. I kept an ex girlfriends letters for a while but, then i burnt them. Maybe just because men and women are different is why I reacted differently but idk, hopefully axl didn't care but we don't know for sure if he gave his consent to sell them or not. I do firmly believe Erin needs the money if there is a desire to randomly sell those but.. Just my two cents. Burn them if you've moved on and let go or throw them away, yet she never did that. Interesting..

So is Erin a terrible person? Not necessarily but I agree with you that it's a douchey move on her part..

Oh my god poor fucking Axl. Gee wasn't he alleged to have beat her? Yet some of you are upset becaue Erin had a "moral obligation" to protect Axl's feelings? Some of you are so laughable in your allegiance to the almighty. Don't want your personal shit sold to the public by your ex than don't fucking slap them around. Fair enough? Guess not in the land of Axl Rose fanatics. Always the victim. Pathetic. :facepalm:

Are you mistaking my answer to mean I really care about this specific case and not the principle behind it?

Secondly, I find the idea that it is somehow okay to do something bad towards someone if they did something bad to you first, morally reprehensible and somewhat alarming coming from a prison guard who, one would hope, would have a firmer grasp on the principles of justice and how it relates to society.

You don't know what went on though, you're just speculating. There are many ways family members can enable the problem of domestic violence, it's a more complicated issue than what you're presenting. They were around and working for GNR when all this went down, they would have been privy. We don't know what involvement they had or how they treated her, so really can not make judgements. The reasoning behind this auction is too personal for anyone here to understand imo.

It is a pretty terrible thing to insinuate that Axl's siblings had anything to do with it. Erin has never suggested that any of Axl's family even knew about it. And actually, no, they would not have been around...they did not work for Axl until the Illusions tour. When Erin was living with Axl, his assistant was another friend from Indiana, IIRC.

It isn't at all uncommon for DV perps to hide what they do from the outside world.

Not to mention that both of Axl's siblings were victims of abuse themselves.

Point also remains that they are not public figures and are entitled to privacy. If Erin wanted to sell Axl's stuff, whatevs, but involving family members is crossing a line.

Edited by stella