The reunion announcement has finally come!!

Towelie

After months of rumors, teasing and speculation .... our "Patience" has finally paid off!

The 5-member group led by the fiery redhead is BACK!!!

spice-girls-today-150730_f5ced53580be320

Mel B says Spice Girls will reunite for 20th anniversary in 2016

Mel B has a belated Christmas present for Spice Girls fans — a reunion in 2016 is in the works.

Scary Spice herself confirmed months of rumors about the Spice Girls returning to the stage when she spoke about the group's twentieth anniversary in 2016 during a pre-taped interview for "Alan Carr's New Year's Specstacular."

http://www.today.com/popc...016-t64041

• Like 4

I've seen all the bands I've ever wanted to reunite, cept The Smiths and i respect Moz for not letting that reunion happen anyway, i want some good new music, this reunion thing is getting old.

the only way to get some good new music is through a reunion.

nugnr's music was a failure and slash's solo efforts are boring.

I've seen all the bands I've ever wanted to reunite, cept The Smiths and i respect Moz for not letting that reunion happen anyway, i want some good new music, this reunion thing is getting old.

the only way to get some good new music is through a reunion.

nugnr's music was a failure and slash's solo efforts are boring.

Guns n Roses in 2015 are a load of bollocks, their ship has sailed and all the making up in the world isn't gonna make a bunch of 50 somethings suddenly start producing good music, if they're shite individually now what makes you think putting shite and shite together is gonna give you good? Frankly Axl Roses new ideas are a load of bollocks and Slash sound anachronistic and out of inspiration. They basically spent the years that bands generally make their good stuff, the prime of their musical synergy bickering like a bunch of fuckin' old slags at the bingo, you reckon they're gonna get together now and make good music when really and truly speaking there wasn't a lot of evidence that they had much to give after Illusions in the first place? This idea that they had Stones-esque mileage in them was just an idea in the heads of GnR fans and pretty much no one else, the projections with The Spaghetti Clusterfuck were not positive, you will get exactly jackshit from a reunion, the only people who will rate it will be the same people that were mongo enough to think Chi Dem was a good album and lets face it those people would suck a turd out of Axls arse and say it tastes of Ferrero Rocher. It's gone, it's dead, it's an old finished thing that was reasonably cheesy in it's time, it ain't gonna stand the test of a quarter of a centurys worth of water having passed under the bridge, there is no reason to want to see a thinning permed grey stubbled pot bellied Slash and a porky ginger Axl with a handlebar tache making a shit facsimillie of a passe genre other than dull nostalgia. The whole thing stinks of desperation, good music does not come out of 'oh wow, our music sounds shite now and there's a few quid in a reunion, lets get back together, it'll do our bank balances the world of good!'.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

Guns n Roses in 2015 are a load of bollocks, their ship has sailed and all the making up in the world isn't gonna make a bunch of 50 somethings suddenly start producing good music, if they're shite individually now what makes you think putting shite and shite together is gonna give you good? Frankly Axl Roses new ideas are a load of bollocks and Slash sound anachronistic and out of inspiration. They basically spent the years that bands generally make their good stuff, the prime of their musical synergy bickering like a bunch of fuckin' old slags at the bingo, you reckon they're gonna get together now and make good music when really and truly speaking there wasn't a lot of evidence that they had much to give after Illusions in the first place? This idea that they had Stones-esque mileage in them was just an idea in the heads of GnR fans and pretty much no one else, the projections with The Spaghetti Clusterfuck were not positive, you will get exactly jackshit from a reunion, the only people who will rate it will be the same people that were mongo enough to think Chi Dem was a good album and lets face it those people would suck a turd out of Axls arse and say it tastes of Ferrero Rocher. It's gone, it's dead, it's an old finished thing that was reasonably cheesy in it's time, it ain't gonna stand the test of a quarter of a centurys worth of water having passed under the bridge, there is no reason to want to see a thinning permed grey stubbled pot bellied Slash and a porky ginger Axl with a handlebar tache making a shit facsimillie of a passe genre other than dull nostalgia. The whole thing stinks of desperation, good music does not come out of 'oh wow, our music sounds shite now and there's a few quid in a reunion, lets get back together, it'll do our bank balances the world of good!'.

Where does good music come from man? why can't a fat 50 year old produce good shit? individually they can't use their musical chemistry, a factor that you've ignored.

I like Chinese, but I understand what you're saying, even if I completely disagree. They just wanna make some money and play together again, maybe write another album together. What else are they gonna do? they had 20 years of doing what they wanted far away from Axl. Now it seems both sides sorted shit out. So why not play music together? it's especially fun when you have that kind of chemistry.

Edited by Rovim

Where does good music come from man? why can't a fat 50 year old produce good shit? individually they can't use their musical chemistry, a factor that you've ignored.

I like Chinese, but I understand what you're saying, even if I completely disagree. They just wanna make some money and play together again, maybe write another album together. What else are they gonna do? they had 20 years of doing what they wanted far away from Axl. Now it seems both sides sorted shit out. So why not play music together? it's especially fun when you have that kind of chemistry.

I dont think chemistry sits around waiting for people, its something precious that you preserve and nurture, you cant leave it and think it'll be there waiting for you.

And i dont know the reason why fat rich 50 yr old people cant make good music is but they just don't, most especially ones that was pretty cheesy in their heyday.

But dont make my word for it, just watch if they have a reunion and any new music comes of it, it'll just be like Chi Dem with turned up Marshall amps, and thats presuming Axl has even got Chi Dem level matierial in him, remember it took him a decade plus to even come up with something that 'good'.

Reality is consistently unforgiving.

I dont think chemistry sits around waiting for people, its something precious that you preserve and nurture, you cant leave it and think it'll be there waiting for you.

And i dont know the reason why fat rich 50 yr old people cant make good music is but they just don't, most especially ones that was pretty cheesy in their heyday.

But dont make my word for it, just watch if they have a reunion and any new music comes of it, it'll just be like Chi Dem with turned up Marshall amps, and thats presuming Axl has even got Chi Dem level matierial in him, remember it took him a decade plus to even come up with something that 'good'.

Chemistry must first happen on a human level. Interaction is fluid. Many times, 2 people that have natural chemistry... it doesn't go away. People that don't talk for years meet each other again and the conversation is fluid for example.

So you know where I'm going... music replaces words and you can express yourself pretty well with people that share shit with you. Like they'll probably sound better together live even today, or it's possible at least.

When it comes to albums, it doesn't last forever. You say what you have to say and you go away. But even if that's true for most musicians, it's not a rule. You just get old and lose your relevancy.

But if you look at music as something less than that or more, depends how you look at it, like... just an expression of the current state of the artist that you can relate to or did at some point, it could be of value. Like Chinese is to me. I like what Axl did there.

And these musicians didn't create music for 20 years. Inspiration can come from that hunger, even if the product will never be as good as when they were in their prime. I still want to hear what they have to say musically now, together.

Music is just expression. A language. Sadly, we didn't get too much from Gn'R when they were in their prime, but I didn't care it was cheesy then, and I don't now. Many 50's tunes are cheesy as fuck, but I love them anyway cause they're cool tunes. Chemistry doesn't always go away.

Edited by Rovim

Chemistry must first happen on a human level. Interaction is fluid. Many times, 2 people that have natural chemistry... it doesn't go away. People that don't talk for years meet each other again and the conversation is fluid for example.

So you know where I'm going... music replaces words and you can express yourself pretty well with people that share shit with you. Like they'll probably sound better together live even today, or it's possible at least.

When it comes to albums, it doesn't last forever. You say what you have to say and you go away. But even if that's try for most musicians, it's not a rule. You just get old and lose your relevancy.

But if you look at music as something less than that or more, depends how you look at it, like... just an expression of the current state of the artist that you can relate to or did at some point, it could be of value. Like Chinese is to me. I like what Axl did there.

And these musicians didn't create music for 20 years. Inspiration can come from that hunger, even if the product will never be as good as when they were in their prime. I still want to hear what they have to say musically now, together.

Music is just expression. A language. Sadly, we didn't get too much from Gn'R when they were in their prime, but I didn't care it was cheesy then, and I don't know. Many 50's tunes are cheesy as fuck, but I love them anyway cause they're cool tunes. Chemistry doesn't always go away.

I disagree, i think as you get older you grow musically speaking, often in different direction, if you do it together the chemistry remains, like everything valuable you are supposed to look after it, if you dont you dont come back after years and expect that you're on the same page with it.

And apart from that i dont think the musical synergy of GnR was down to Axl and Slash alone. Personally i think that chemistry is the actually thing that makes a band great and bands that dont have respect enough for it to hold it together for the sake of this thing that is bigger than them as individuals, they lose it.

Its all opinions i guess but i think history bears my position out, you'll see flashes of it when they play the old shit but if you think you'll get them making new shit that just picks up from where they left off you're in for a big suprise.

The only thing these wankers hunger for is money, Pistols had brains enough not to try making new music, GnR would do well to learn from that.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

I disagree, i think as you get older you grow musically speaking, often in different direction, if you do it together the chemistry remains, like everything valuable you are supposed to look after it, if you dont you dont come back after years and expect that you're on the same page with it.

And apart from that i dont think the musical synergy of GnR was down to Axl and Slash alone. Personally i think that chemistry is the actually thing that makes a band great and bands that dont have respect enough for it to hold it together for the sake of this thing that is bigger than them as individuals, they lose it.

Its all opinions i guess but i think history bears my position out, you'll see flashes of it when they play the old shit but if you think you'll get them making new shit that just picks up from where they left off you're in for a big suprise.

The only thing these wankers hunger for is money, Pistols had brains enough not to try making new music, GnR would do well to learn from that.

People do grow and change, but some things remain the same. The core of the person, how he/she is wired. Musicians can still grow individually but still share a common passion for a certain style. Guns is a good example. Slash didn't stray too far from what he always loved. Axl incorporated some 90's influences he enjoys, learned how to tinker for years in the studio, Izzy still the same, Duff still the same, Steven is still awesome.

So yeah, history does show that you have a peak, an open window to say what you have to say and even be relevant and that time has long passed for Gn'R.

But hardcore fans don't give a fuck, or at least they love this unique musical expression enough to take what they can get.

And a reunion could have value. It can make a lot of people happy, new generations of cock rock fans, kids, can go to a show and have a blast and pick up an instrument. It's funny, cause something leads to another in life and in music. Like Slash made me want to learn how to play and it was when Gn'R was already gone. Years after it led me to Jimi.

No one truly expects reunions to be like a second coming of a band. At least most don't. But in the case of Gn'R, better than nothing and it might be a chance for them to create something cool. There's always a chance for that.

Edited by Rovim

Can't believe that this thread turned out to be a "axl is a fat old ginger bollocks, GNR sucked, sucks and will suck tl;dr" vs. "but Axl and the others had amazing talent, maybe the will make something great together, chemistry tl;dr etc."

You're right. On topic: bunch of old talentless money hungry whores.

Can't believe that this thread turned out to be a "axl is a fat old ginger bollocks, GNR sucked, sucks and will suck tl;dr" vs. "but Axl and the others had amazing talent, maybe the will make something great together, chemistry tl;dr etc."

You're right. On topic: bunch of old talentless money hungry whores.

So the same is applicable both ways eh? :lol:

People do grow and change, but some things remain the same. The core of the person, how he/she is wired. Musicians can still grow individually but still share a common passion for a certain style. Guns is a good example. Slash didn't stray too far from what he always loved. Axl incorporated some 90's influences he enjoys, learned hot to tinker professionally in the studio, Izzy still the same, Duff still the same, Steven is still awesome.

So yeah, history does show that you have a peak, an open window to say what you have to say and even be relevant and that time has long passed for Gn'R.

But hardcore fans don't give a fuck, or at least they love this unique musical expression enough to take what they can get.

And a reunion could have value. It can make a lot of people happy, new generations of cock rock fans, kids, can go to a show and have a blast and pick up an instrument. It's funny, cause something leads to another in life and in music. Like Slash made me want to learn how to play and it was when Gn'R was already gone. Years after it led me to Jimi.

No one truly expects reunions to be like a second coming of a band. At least most don't. But in the case of Gn'R, better than nothing and it might be a chance for them to create something cool. There's always a chance for that.

Yeah but hardcore fans'll have a wank over a photo-shopped pic on a slow day, thats my point. I'm a hardcore Nirvana fan so to me Montage of Heck home recordings album was fucking amazing but i'd be a dickhead to call that a quality release.