GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

The most interesting part of all this is to see if Axl can pull it off, or if he'll be the weakest link. He's fared the worst by FAR out of the Big Three, in terms of musicianship and professionalism.

Perhaps Slash and Duff can inspire Axl to become a musician again.

I wonder if they will do KOHD the old way or the nugnr way.

I imagine they'll leave CD, better, and TIL in the set. I can't see axl just ditching songs that he spent 1/3 of his life working on.

The new new way.

Better than the old one?

You know it.

I wonder if they will do KOHD the old way or the nugnr way.

I imagine they'll leave CD, better, and TIL in the set. I can't see axl just ditching songs that he spent 1/3 of his life working on.

The new new way.

Better than the old one?

Didn't they start playing it similar to the old way on recent tour's? I'm sure he started doing the "hey heyyy's".

No. The new version has evolved over time since 2001, but it's always been much closer to that than the old version.

Yeah your right I just youtube'd it.

did you guys already think about it?? I mean, we're going to see Slash performing November Rain again... It's UNBELIEVABLE

Curious to see if he can jump on the piano like the old days.

They should install one of those automatic lifts for wheelchairs next to the piano :P

did you guys already think about it?? I mean, we're going to see Slash performing November Rain again... It's UNBELIEVABLE

They should install one of those automatic lifts for wheelchairs next to the piano :P

Haha I was kind of thinking same thing. :D:slash:

Could it be that there was a bit of a last minute snag in contract negotiations between the guys and that they haven't pinned down exactly who will be there, hence the Kimmel cancellation, where a more thorough reveal would have been expected?

Someone who deals with this type of activity, let a brother know...Is it possible for the Coachella folks to contract the brand Guns n' Roses to appear without having to know exactly who will be there, or does every member have to be explicitly spelled out before they can proceed with the show?

I would say they can sign the act without knowing who the individuals will be. I know in 2010 Anthrax was signed for many European festivals during a period where they didn't have a singer. Joey Belladonna eventually stepped back in before all those dates happened. And I know you can say "Well yeah, but maybe he was already contracted to rejoin the band when the contracts were drawn up but they hadn't announced it publicly yet", but I know, with 100% certainty that when they signed up for all those festivals they did not have a singer lined up.

Anthrax were mid card at best, gnr are headliners, regardless of old or new line up... That definitely means promoters want to have some idea of who's involved, as in key players such as Slash and Axl.

All looks good anyway! Just confirmation of the exact band and we're away!!!! :)

I hope they all work hard to deliver a great performance. Axl must work on his vocals and shape, Slash should really consider working in his guitar tone and timbre, the hired guys are good professionals but they must step up their game as well, there's an icon on lead guitar now.

• Like 1

Haha I was kind of thinking same thing. :D:slash:

Don't think we'll be seeing too much of this either

tumblr_n9qbicFSQL1tfmyy0o1_400.gif

• Like 1

The most interesting part of all this is to see if Axl can pull it off, or if he'll be the weakest link. He's fared the worst by FAR out of the Big Three, in terms of musicianship and professionalism.

Perhaps Slash and Duff can inspire Axl to become a musician again.

The singer always fares the worst, followed closely by the drummer. Gtr, bass, keys are all less demanding.

I think k Axl will warm into it like he always does, but I'd imagine he wants his big reunion to start off with a bang so he's gonna get his shit together and actually put an effort in.

I hope they all work hard to deliver a great performance. Axl must work on his vocals and shape, Slash should really consider working in his guitar tone and timbre, the hired guys are good professionals but they must step up their game as well, there's an icon on lead guitar now.

An icon who plays worse than the previous two lead guitar players excluding ashba and perhaps fink ? LOL I think they can handle playing with the guy who invented sweet shit o mine

I heard he's in a good shape and cracking jokes all the time

• Like 1

An icon who plays worse than the previous two lead guitar players excluding ashba and perhaps fink ? LOL I think they can handle playing with the guy who invented sweet shit o mine

I would say he play a lot better than the soulless shredders you are talking about. In addition he has written a lot of the material and solos. To undermine Slash in GNR is just plain stupid.

• Like 3

Someone seems bitter. Don't worry lady, Prince Axel will release vision evolution complex CD2 one day :lol:

I'm quite amazed at how little attention and press this info seems to be getting. I used to get texts from people about e.g. New Guns tour announcements. Haven't heard from anyone.

Most bizarrely, Rolling Stone have NOTHING on their homepage about Slash returning! Their bit about Coachella has been dropped down. Rolling Stone used to have major headlines every single time ANYTHING happened in the last years whether a tour or lineup change or interview.

What's up with that?

How long is a normal headlining set at Coachella?

Hour and a half?

Two hours probably. AC/DC did exactly an hour and forty-five minutes with no trims to their tour set list save for a different song order and slightly compressed solo time for Angus which would normally stretch things to two hours.

I'm on board with the drummer thing, but people need to take the stick out of their ass with Pittman. It's not like his presence makes the band any worse..

It makes it worse to me... There are already enough keyboards from Dizzy watering down what should be kick ass stripped down rock songs. Pittman is just added noise.. Plus it looks stupid having two keyboardists up there.. Just a bloated mess.. That was one of the dumbest things about NuGnR...
To be fair they've had two keyboard players since 1991.. Remember teddy zig zag? And teddy was even in just about all of the music videos like garden of Eden, yesterday's, November rain, etc. Seems like they were always fine with having a second keyboard player to help fill out sound.
Wasn't needed then or now and Teddy wasn't out on stage the whole shows.. I don't even think he was there in 91.. Just 92? He wasn't part of the Skin N' Bones tour in 83 was he? Fill out the sound? Slash's band sounded pretty damn full without all that shit... I would rather see that HOF line up do something than this.

I just can't argue with this.

I too would rather the HoF lineup but what can you do? Honestly, blame Izzy because I guarantee they didn't exclude him on purpose.. And the drummers? Well Steven seems to have brought it on himself over the years and Sorum surprises me but seeing as Adler may be on suicide watch and seeing as he's close to Adler, maybe that's why they left him out.

I know. We both agree and have had good talks about a reunion. At this point you're right that it really is just a what can you do situation. What I and I think many other fans need is to hear those guys talk. Izzy and Steven make sense, Matt does not, and for my own piece of mind I need to hear why.

For what its worth, I am happy. I just want it done right. For $300 I'm not gonna contribute to something that is continuing to make a mockery of my favorite band, now with more original members joining the shit parade as well!

I've always felt like a child of divorce with Guns N' Roses. I love them all equally. And the fighting and shaming and name calling only made feel sad and uncomfortable the last fifteen plus years.

But I'm with you on this one! All the power to Frank and Richard and everyone else. Make your money. But if I drop $300 + or $1000 plus for tickets and some kind of VIP package, just know...I'm not here to see you!

• Like 1

I'm quite amazed at how little attention and press this info seems to be getting. I used to get texts from people about e.g. New Guns tour announcements. Haven't heard from anyone.

Most bizarrely, Rolling Stone have NOTHING on their homepage about Slash returning! Their bit about Coachella has been dropped down. Rolling Stone used to have major headlines every single time ANYTHING happened in the last years whether a tour or lineup change or interview.

What's up with that?

I'm still wondering if they are getting an exclusive interview and that's why they've been quiet.

What's up with that?

Not much of a surprise at this point given the reporting by NY Times, Billboard, and so forth over the past couple weeks. Plus we technically do not have confirmation from GN'R itself that Slash and Duff are back. We have Slash and Duff posting the GN'R announcement on their Twitter feeds and it is pretty obvious that they're part of it, but the lineup has not been officially announced by GN'R. When that happens I think there will be more press coverage.