GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

I'm on board with the drummer thing, but people need to take the stick out of their ass with Pittman. It's not like his presence makes the band any worse..

It makes it worse to me... There are already enough keyboards from Dizzy watering down what should be kick ass stripped down rock songs. Pittman is just added noise.. Plus it looks stupid having two keyboardists up there.. Just a bloated mess.. That was one of the dumbest things about NuGnR...
To be fair they've had two keyboard players since 1991.. Remember teddy zig zag? And teddy was even in just about all of the music videos like garden of Eden, yesterday's, November rain, etc. Seems like they were always fine with having a second keyboard player to help fill out sound.

I think the only hired hands in this situation are the guys from the CD era. Slash and Duff obviously want to be there for the sake of the kickass shows and money. There were obviously serious talks, and those dudes see this as THE TIME this can happen. The window of time for a reunion for either shows/money or even creativity was closing.

I also don't mind the hybrid band if it means they are going to be super fucking tight and everyone is happy and motivated to be there.

I'm on board with the drummer thing, but people need to take the stick out of their ass with Pittman. It's not like his presence makes the band any worse..

It makes it worse to me... There are already enough keyboards from Dizzy watering down what should be kick ass stripped down rock songs. Pittman is just added noise.. Plus it looks stupid having two keyboardists up there.. Just a bloated mess.. That was one of the dumbest things about NuGnR...
To be fair they've had two keyboard players since 1991.. Remember teddy zig zag? And teddy was even in just about all of the music videos like garden of Eden, yesterday's, November rain, etc. Seems like they were always fine with having a second keyboard player to help fill out sound.

Wasn't needed then or now and Teddy wasn't out on stage the whole shows.. I don't even think he was there in 91.. Just 92? He wasn't part of the Skin N' Bones tour in 93 was he? Fill out the sound? Slash's band sounded pretty damn full without all that shit... I would rather see that HOF line up do something than this.

Edited by Tom-Ass

Wasn't needed then or now and Teddy wasn't out on stage the whole shows.. I don't even think he was there in 91.. Just 92? He wasn't part of the Skin N' Bones tour in 83 was he? Fill out the sound? Slash's band sounded pretty damn full without all that shit... I would rather see that HOF line up do something than this.

I just can't argue with this.

Wasn't needed then or now and Teddy wasn't out on stage the whole shows.. I don't even think he was there in 91.. Just 92? He wasn't part of the Skin N' Bones tour in 83 was he? Fill out the sound? Slash's band sounded pretty damn full without all that shit... I would rather see that HOF line up do something than this.

I too would rather the HoF lineup but what can you do? Honestly, blame Izzy because I guarantee they didn't exclude him on purpose.. And the drummers? Well Steven seems to have brought it on himself over the years and Sorum surprises me but seeing as Adler may be on suicide watch and seeing as he's close to Adler, maybe that's why they left him out.

I too would rather the HoF lineup but what can you do? Honestly, blame Izzy because I guarantee they didn't exclude him on purpose.. And the drummers? Well Steven seems to have brought it on himself over the years and Sorum surprises me but seeing as Adler may be on suicide watch and seeing as he's close to Adler, maybe that's why they left him out.

I know. We both agree and have had good talks about a reunion. At this point you're right that it really is just a what can you do situation. What I and I think many other fans need is to hear those guys talk. Izzy and Steven make sense, Matt does not, and for my own piece of mind I need to hear why.

For what its worth, I am happy. I just want it done right. For $300 I'm not gonna contribute to something that is continuing to make a mockery of my favorite band, now with more original members joining the shit parade as well!

• Like 2

They could drop Pittman for one.. Get a drummer that doesn't fucking suck. If Izzy doesn't want in, then fine keep Fortus.. God I hope there aren't 3 guitarists.

Pittman was usefull in 2001-2002, but not now

3:29 to 3:55
God, this is painful to watch...

I think bridge school was their worst gigs ever

I remember watching the gig on the livestream and thinking that Chris was the only worthwhile part of the fucking set.... Jesus what a trainwreck that was. I trust that Axl knows that Coachella needs to be RIRIII/Am Ring 2006 and not RIRIV/Bridge School

Pittman was usefull in 2001-2002, but not now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3OVSRgah0Y 3:29 to 3:55

God, this is painful to watch...
I think bridge school was their worst gigs ever

That video makes the VMAs and Rio seem like masterpieces.

If axl does a live TV gig at some point and we get VMA quality I'll be happy. If he goes on TV and pulls a bridge school its over for him.

I know. We both agree and have had good talks about a reunion. At this point you're right that it really is just a what can you do situation. What I and I think many other fans need is to hear those guys talk. Izzy and Steven make sense, Matt does not, and for my own piece of mind I need to hear why.

For what its worth, I am happy. I just want it done right. For $300 I'm not gonna contribute to something that is continuing to make a mockery of my favorite band, now with more original members joining the shit parade as well!

Agreed completely. That's why I was initially frustrated with the lack of appearance on kimmel. If you're reuniting with the old lineup cool, just give us a basic idea as to how it happened. Don't even have to go into complete detail. But now, with what appears to be the hybrid announcement on the way, I'd personally like to know what the hell happened to the other guys and why?! If there's still negotiations going on and they can't talk fine but if it's not happening It'd be nice to find out why.. So I'm still gonna watch kimmel just incase or hope for another announcement from the camp today but we'll see.

That Coachella bill shows exactly why the world needs Axl and Slash back together. Rock has been sent packing. Although I do at least like Chvrches.

Even so, we're not gonna get scenes like Rio 2001 but Calvin 'I'm shagging Taylor Swift' Harris will.

CHVRCHES and Calvin Harris, the giants of Scottish electronica taking over your festivals ;).

Hey guys. Had to create a new account here 'cause I forgot the password for my old one.

Anyway, I'm not an insider and don't pretend to be one. But I have a friend who lives in NY and works for this ad agency and I think they have MGM's account. He said that "the news" at the agency today was that Guns would be playing two dates in the new The Park & Arena MGM, in Vegas, on the 8th and 9th of April. I know, I don't buy it too, specially 'cause those dates would happen BEFORE Coachella, but hey, just thought I would share this with you guys.

• Like 1

Hey guys. Had to create a new account here 'cause I forgot the password for my old one.

Anyway, I'm not an insider and don't pretend to be one. But I have a friend who lives in NY and works for this ad agency and I think they have MGM's account. He said that "the news" at the agency today was that Guns would be playing two dates in the new The Park & Arena MGM, in Vegas, on the 8th and 9th of April. I know, I don't buy it too, specially 'cause those dates would happen BEFORE Coachella, but hey, just thought I would share this with you guys.

I heard about the Vegas concert too. But I think GNR will play some warm up gigs before Coachella...

What was your name here before?

like Axl said, nothing was confirmed before. Now that the news has been confirmed and spread out (slash and duff) they must be running and booking concerts everywhere.

What was your name here before?

:: Vicente ::

I wish some people would chill. We just got the announcement of the gig in April. Slash and Duff retweeted it, and it sounds like there will be more news tomorrow.

It's like some people can't get through the day unless they know in exact detail what colour Axl's pubes are

That's not really a fair statement.

Axl has already cancelled a very public appearance. With no explanation.

GnR is advertising a "big" return of former band members. Just announced they will play a big festival. And rumors have been flying like crazy I the rock world.

It's only natural for fans to be curious who is in the band. Especially considering there has been no word from GnR about it.

If the GnR camp EVER operated like other professional bands then you wouldn't have the fan negativity and bitching.

Why keep the lineup a secret?

• Like 1