GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

I'm in the Matt should be the drummer bandwagon. Just listen at the difference in drumming styles between the two. Matt makes the band sound huge. Frank seems like his uses triggers for drum samples for his sound, which sound kind of thin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsze77HWdNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZbCS9D7ZQ

Not a great example for Frank, they fucked up the recording of his drums (as you can hear in the non-existent drum roll at the beginning). His playing is good but the drum sound is shite. Very digital. Fix that and it's fine.

I'm starting to think this I simply not a reunion. There were vacancies in the band and slash and duff filled them.

During most of the UYI tour, there were three original members (Slash, Duff, Axl). At Coachella, there will be three (maybe more) original members (Slash, Duff, Axl). If that's not a reunion, I don't know what it is.

Plus, the offcial GNR site is promoting the upcoming shows with footage from GNR's last show in 1993.

I just meant that even if we regard it as a reunion it might not be treated and marketed like one by the band. They could be seeing it as an "evolution" involving returning members. And in that scenario there's no reason for them to give either Steven, Matt or Izzy a call.

You have a point about the logo though

I've been trying to get on here for ages and keep getting this bloody message - Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment - What's wrong with this site, it's not as if it's overloaded?

They could be doing maintenance to enable more users, sometimes these things require a small outage.

GNR (1987-1993) has always been Axl, Slash and Duff. Sold out arenas and stadiums during UYI period confirms that.

For them, it doesnt matter who is on drums or rythm guitar.

You mean 1990-1993 I guess. Otherwise you are wrong.

Axl in 1992: "It was always kind of a triad between Slash, Izzy and me. And when Izzy wasn't so much being a part of that triad, Doug Goldstein, our manager, kind of took his place."

GNR (1987-1993) has always been Axl, Slash and Duff. Sold out arenas and stadiums during UYI period confirms that.

For them, it doesnt matter who is on drums or rythm guitar.

You mean 1990-1993 I guess. Otherwise you are wrong.

Axl in 1992: "It was always kind of a triad between Slash, Izzy and me. And when Izzy wasn't so much being a part of that triad, Doug Goldstein, our manager, kind of took his place."

He means that from 87-93, those 3 were the constants. And those 3 were the ones there the whole time when it was the biggest band in the world.

If there was some sort of incident with Sorum and Axl, hopefully the rumors about Adler at least getting a bone tossed at him at Coachella are still true.

I don't expect them to count on him for a whole tour, but I'm sure it'd be a dream come true for him to play to a crowd that size again, even if only once. Dude looked so damn happy at the RnR HOF induction to be playing something bigger than a suburban bar somewhere.

Pitman... :(

Does that also mean they're likely to play some CD tracks? I would also love to see them bust out a VR track or two.

Also, if they want to do this right, have Adler, Sorum, Izzy and maybe even Gilby appear on at least some songs. Just for the coolness of it. Hell, I'd like a Finck appearance too.

Does that also mean they're likely to play some CD tracks? I would also love to see them bust out a VR track or two.

Also, if they want to do this right, have Adler, Sorum, Izzy and maybe even Gilby appear on at least some songs. Just for the coolness of it. Hell, I'd like a Finck appearance too.

Nothing against the guy, but out of all people I hoped they wouldn't bring it was him. :shrugs:

• Like 1

If they're not reuniting the full band, it probably means Slash & Duff are being paid handsomely to come do this. But it also means they're coming in as hired hands.

I doubt that. Why would they come back for that? Especially Duff,who is known for his investments. I see it being an equal split between Slash,Duff and Axl with the other (5?)guys on a nice salary but not getting merch money.

Edited by Subtle Signs

I'd say Chinese tracks are fair game now. Everybody but slash and duff now will have recorded them and duff likes playing them so chances are slash would be cool with it.

I'm on board with the drummer thing, but people need to take the stick out of their ass with Pittman. It's not like his presence makes the band any worse..

It makes it worse to me... There are already enough keyboards from Dizzy watering down what should be kick ass stripped down rock songs. Pittman is just added noise.. Plus it looks stupid having two keyboardists up there.. Just a bloated mess.. That was one of the dumbest things about NuGnR...