GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

It's an unfortunate reality in these days of instant news and social media that the business realities behind many of our favorite bands have been made public for the world to see.

When I was a kid, carefully-controlled magazine articles were the only places to go for any shred of info on a favorite band.

Nowadays, I'd say more than half of all band-related news I read seems to have more to do with contract disputes, member hold-outs, and infighting than the actual music being created.

Eddie Trunk speaks of this often...How disgusted we, as fans, would be if we were privy to what actually goes on.

"If they knew half the real truth..."

The rest of the Coachella lineup is weak sauce. Guns N Roses needs to save rock n roll because the music world is more or less crap and has been for many years now.

You nailed it. Total garbage. Especially the EMD/Calvin Harris garbage. WTF is that anyways....bunch of noises. And he's considered a "talented musician" LOL.
  • Like 1

I wonder what specifically Trunk heard in September 2014 that a reunion was being put into motion? DJ didn't officially quit until the following July but maybe Axl was considering dumping him before that?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/209188-eddie-trunk-a-gnr-reunion-has-been-put-to-motion/

Funny looking back on responses, including my own:

"I want to call bullshit, but then again I thought the whole Duff in South America thing was bullshit up until the 1st of April.

Still, I think this is highly unlikely."

I'd also like to reiterate that this thread needs to be unlocked: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/9190-pleas-go-to-mexico/

¿Dónde estás Luiz?

The rest of the Coachella lineup is weak sauce. Guns N Roses needs to save rock n roll because the music world is more or less crap and has been for many years now.

There's plenty of great acts out there right now. Coachella has some, there's a lot more it doesn't have.

I wonder what specifically Trunk heard in September 2014 that a reunion was being put into motion? DJ didn't officially quit until the following July but maybe Axl was considering dumping him before that?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/209188-eddie-trunk-a-gnr-reunion-has-been-put-to-motion/

Funny looking back on responses, including my own:

"I want to call bullshit, but then again I thought the whole Duff in South America thing was bullshit up until the 1st of April.

Still, I think this is highly unlikely."

I'd also like to reiterate that this thread needs to be unlocked: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/9190-pleas-go-to-mexico/

¿Dónde estás Luiz?

LOL that thread is gold, Im pretty surprised not see the people in that thread being banned.

The buzz is muted because they managed to fuck up the announcement. Unbelievable I know, given their professional track record.

If Axl had gone on to Kimmel, things would have occurred with much more fanfare. Instead, the biggest and potentially most lucrative rock n roll reunion of the last 20 years was broken in the middle of the night on a ghost-town forum by the lead-singer's housekeeper's son. I shit you not.

I'm sure this is still all going according to plan. The leaks (right from Slash's famous Swedish interview) to coachella announcing the reunion (they paid for the rights to announce it). I reckon when the whole tour is announced (at least the first leg) by the end of this month, we will have already had a full press release or conference and lineup confirmation, with all the little details announced. There is obviously already a plan in place for what Axl/Slash/Duff have to do in the coming months regarding interviews and what not, and we just have to sit back and enjoy the rise to top (again) of our favourite rock n roll band

• Like 1

The buzz is muted because they managed to fuck up the announcement. Unbelievable I know, given their professional track record.

If Axl had gone on to Kimmel, things would have occurred with much more fanfare. Instead, the biggest and potentially most lucrative rock n roll reunion of the last 20 years was broken in the middle of the night on a ghost-town forum by the lead-singer's housekeeper's son. I shit you not.

LOL. Sad but true. The nanny/house cleaners boy announces it. But I do wonder why no Slash or Duff interviews....
  • Like 1

I'm sure this is still all going according to plan. The leaks (right from Slash's famous Swedish interview) to coachella announcing the reunion (they paid for the rights to announce it). I reckon when the whole tour is announced (at least the first leg) by the end of this month, we will have already had a full press release or conference and lineup confirmation, with all the little details announced. There is obviously already a plan in place for what Axl/Slash/Duff have to do in the coming months regarding interviews and what not, and we just have to sit back and enjoy the rise to top (again) of our favourite rock n roll band

fucking spot on

enjoy the ride while it lasts people. they wont be 53 forever.

3 AFD members is still better than Axl + 7 hacks

Edited by action
  • Like 1

I wonder if Tommy'd make a guest appearance at Coachella since the hipster crowd dug The Replacements when they played there in 2014? Doubt he'd appear anywhere else on the tour but Coachella is the only place I could see it happening.

I guess people were right when they said Slash and Axl would get back together before Buckethead would ever return to the band, weird how that happened.

I fully expect a stadium tour later this year and probably a European venture and possibly S. America as well. Too bad Bas and the Skid Row dudes don't make up. They could have been awesome for the opening slot. But Rachel and Snake already shot it (a reunion) down. BTW, I saw GNR and Skid Row together in 1991 and it kicked ass.

I fully expect a stadium tour later this year and probably a European venture and possibly S. America as well. Too bad Bas and the Skid Row dudes don't make up. They could have been awesome for the opening slot. But Rachel and Snake already shot it (a reunion) down. BTW, I saw GNR and Skid Row together in 1991 and it kicked ass.

STFU!!!!!

Do not mention a S.american tour. we'll never get GNR away from there!!!

• Like 1

Fuck the reunion tour!

Let's get back to when that guy pretended to be under a desk at Universal, illegally recording 'IRS'. So ridiculous.

He works for Jimmy Kimmel now.

He was last seen hiding in a cupboard in the green room last friday with a mini disc recorder and mic.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

Fuck the reunion tour!

Let's get back to when that guy pretended to be under a desk at Universal, illegally recording 'IRS'. So ridiculous.

He was last seen hiding in a cupboard in the green room last friday with a mini disc recorder and mic.

You mean.... Guillermo?!

Fuck the reunion tour!

You mean.... Guillermo?!

Surely your memory is not that exceptional?

I am seriously considering to fly over to LAX from Europe to go to Coachella. I am pretty sure that as usual Guns first performance of a tour will be less than stellar, but it would be just for the excitement to see Guns together for the first time in 20 years. Also who knows how long everybody is able to stand everybody else on the stage....

However as this trip would be quite pricey, propably around 2000USD in total and I am completely unfamiliar with that festival I`d appreciate some input... You guys going? Or rather wait for the stadium tour?

The festival looks absolutely nothing like the big rock festivals we have here in Europe like Rock am Ring or Roskilde - but from the lineup (and prices) it seems to be a big temporary theme park with lots of very mainstream pop music and presumably that kind of audience!?!.....