04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

I am happy I got my tickets but I was going to try tomorrow to grab GA floor (which I still have my issues with) and sell my section 6 tickets for face. Looks like that idea is shot to hell. Noway am I paying $800 for a pair of GA floors. Also thanks AXS you just gift wrapped more profit to the damn scalpers. The tickets they got for $250 and selling for $400 are now worth $350 and they will probably sell them for $600. How dumb can AXS be?

Edited by oachs83

This whole reunion is getting pretty sour... From Pitman to the ticket prices and everything in between.

They wouldn't want to develop a reputation here. Let's face it, the reputation of scandalous ticket pricing of the Stones has followed the band around like a sack of shit since 2012.

This whole reunion is getting pretty sour... From Pitman to the ticket prices and everything in between.

They wouldn't want to develop a reputation here. Let's face it, the reputation of scandalous ticket pricing of the Stones has followed the band around like a sack of shit since 2012.

Yup, and Guns aren't anywhere close to as popular as the Stones.. Especially this hybrid crap..

To be fair the band doesn't set the ticket prices.

They could have a say. Kid Rock did some kind of $20 for all seats tour a couple times now along with cheaper beer and tshirts. There were sponsors galore but who cares,it's not like GNR or Kid Rock are some struggling Indie band looking for Hipster credibility.

Yes, Guns absolutely agreed to these prices. Or at least they're not speaking out against them. I have to imagine this is run by the artists and they sign off on it. Or they make a specific demand that it can only be so much. Pearl Jam consistently keeps their prices low (under $100 top dollar which is insane!) as does Phish who I believe is usually $60. So yes, Axl, Slash and Duff absolutely know how much tickets are and clearly they are ok with it.

Arena shows are also likely to be more expensive than stadiums (less people buying tickets since arenas hold less). Don't get me wrong, the prices are indeed absurd and I think they're overestimating the demand, but so far it's nothing we didn't already know from the Billboard article.

Arena shows are also likely to be more expensive than stadiums (less people buying tickets since arenas hold less). Don't get me wrong, the prices are indeed absurd and I think they're overestimating the demand, but so far it's nothing we didn't already know from the Billboard article.

Actually it is. If anything, this is better than we thought. I don't believe there was any word of arena shows in the Billboard article, and no Vegas mention. All the Billboard article said (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) was: Axl, Slash and Duff are back, there is the possibility of 25 STADIUM dates in the US, and those will be priced at $250-$300.

So you may very well be right that these Vegas prices won't be what the stadiums are, and that they are even overestimating the demand. But per the Billboard article, it looks like these prices are indeed what stadiums would be. At least thats what we were led to believe.

Prices are high but 2-5-10 years ago if someone said you can see Guns (Axl/Slash/Duff <maybe Izzy/Steven/Matt>) again I'd gladly have paid the $350 I paid today. I mean spending $350 on Guns tickets in a 25 year period isn't so bad....I don't include what I spent on Nu Guns.

So air is booked, MGM hotel booked and tix to night 2 are booked. Can't wait. As far as night one- the plan is to wing it. See if I can score some last minute tix, or see if some kick ass seats pop up later....or maybe I'll win some cash in Vegas! All I know is that April 6-10 can't come soon enough and the dream will be a reality. Haven't seen Axl n Slash together since 1993 live.

Edited by Estranged1
  • Like 1

With the Citi presale it's possible the company came to some arrangement to stand part of cost, the idea being I presume that people pay with a Citi credit card and ultimately the company make money in future with the interest rate on those credit cards. Plus having pre sales of this kind must be good advertising incentives for future card holders.

No idea about Nightrain but again if subsidised maybe they didn't want to advertise the fact to discourage further scalping. Maybe the new prices are the actual prices intended for the majority.

• Like 1

If they demand/accept 3 mio per gig then yes, they do set those prices. And if they don't put a cap on ticket prices, like other, more conscious acts do, then they are the ones to blame for those prices.

Hey everybody....

1) do you think that it is going to be $350 a ticket for the general admission tommorow or the original $250?? Can they change prices like that if they were advertised differently??

2) do you think there will still be good seats like GA or P1 for sale tommorow or do you think they are sold out due to pre sales. Trying to not have to buy from scalpers but need a descent seat

Hey everybody....

1) do you think that it is going to be $350 a ticket for the general admission tommorow or the original $250?? Can they change prices like that if they were advertised differently??

2) do you think there will still be good seats like GA or P1 for sale tommorow or do you think they are sold out due to pre sales. Trying to not have to buy from scalpers but need a descent seat

I think prices will be same as today. And I think selection will be limited (it's Vegas).

They could have a say. Kid Rock did some kind of $20 for all seats tour a couple times now along with cheaper beer and tshirts. There were sponsors galore but who cares,it's not like GNR or Kid Rock are some struggling Indie band looking for Hipster credibility.

And I think Kid Rock took a hit on that. I think Guns are looking for a payout.

With the Citi presale it's possible the company came to some arrangement to stand part of cost, the idea being I presume that people pay with a Citi credit card and ultimately the company make money in future with the interest rate on those credit cards. Plus having pre sales of this kind must be good advertising incentives for future card holders.

No idea about Nightrain but again if subsidised maybe they didn't want to advertise the fact to discourage further scalping. Maybe the new prices are the actual prices intended for the majority.

Not saying it couldn't happen but I've never heard of prices being subsidized and fluctuating like this all from the actual ticket seller(AXS)

With thousands of tickets on stub hub already,I think prices will come down eventually a bit on the secondary market but by then it could be too late for most fans to make hotel/flight plans.

I think Kid did just fine. The sponsors covered everything. He may say he did it for the fans but I'd bet he still made millions. He's done this tour at least twice now with the low dough gimmick.

Well fuck.. He was charging $20 for every seat in the house... He also cares about his fans and didn't care. He has done it for a few tours now whether he took a hit or not. I was replying to your statement of the bands don't set the prices anyway. . I am not saying Guns N' Roses charge $20 a head.. But I am sure they could have kept them under $200 if they really wanted to and still made a profit.