04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

This whole reunion is getting pretty sour... From Pitman to the ticket prices and everything in between.

To be fair the band doesn't set the ticket prices.

They could have a say. Kid Rock did some kind of $20 for all seats tour a couple times now along with cheaper beer and tshirts. There were sponsors galore but who cares,it's not like GNR or Kid Rock are some struggling Indie band looking for Hipster credibility.

And I think Kid Rock took a hit on that. I think Guns are looking for a payout.

Well fuck.. He was charging $20 for every seat in the house... He also cares about his fans and didn't care. He has done it for a few tours now whether he took a hit or not. I was replying to your statement of the bands don't set the prices anyway. . I am not saying Guns N' Roses charge $20 a head.. But I am sure they could have kept them under $200 if they really wanted to and still made a profit.

It's possible prices might settle and find their level further down the line. I suppose they only get to do the 'first' shows once so I'm not really surprised they are at a premium. Seeing them in six months to a years time (if that happens) will still be great but it's no doubt going to be less of a big deal, not for those attending but generally speaking.

This whole reunion is getting pretty sour... From Pitman to the ticket prices and everything in between.

To be fair the band doesn't set the ticket prices.

They could have a say. Kid Rock did some kind of $20 for all seats tour a couple times now along with cheaper beer and tshirts. There were sponsors galore but who cares,it's not like GNR or Kid Rock are some struggling Indie band looking for Hipster credibility.

And I think Kid Rock took a hit on that. I think Guns are looking for a payout.

Well fuck.. He was charging $20 for every seat in the house... He also cares about his fans and didn't care. He has done it for a few tours now whether he took a hit or not. I was replying to your statement of the bands don't set the prices anyway. . I am not saying Guns N' Roses charge $20 a head.. But I am sure they could have kept them under $200 if they really wanted to and still made a profit.

They could, you have no argument from me. Would they put in the work for the payoff they want? No.

I'm just fucking bummed man.. I am a music junkie and this has been my dream for 20 years to see these guys again.. I would kill to be at this show but I just can't justify it.. Sucks.. I had a couple floor seats for $250 before charges during the citi presale.. Tough to swallow but could have justified it. I hit purchase and the f'n site hung... :/

Edited by Tom-Ass

I'm just fucking bummed man.. I am a music junkie and this has been my dream for 20 years to see these guys again.. I would kill to be at this show but I just can't justify it.. Sucks.. I had a couple floor seats for $250 before charges during the citi presale.. Tough to swallow but could have justified it. I hit purchase and the f'n site hung... :/

Then you wouldn't kill to be there, and it isn't your dream

I get it, the prices are high. It sucks. But dude, if you are hung up over an extra 100 dollars which would decide if you would go or not, you probably shouldn't be taking a trip to Vegas. There are 80 dollar seats, which are 140 on stubhub if you are shut out of the sale. Sorry, but that isn't bad if you were planning on doing a whole trip to see this. If that's wayyyyy too much for you, for the first GNR Reunion show, then a rock concert shouldn't be your first priority. I don't make much more money at all, but I'm making this happen.

It sucks concerts cost what they do, but this is not abnormal. You've been bitching about them all day. If you really want to go, just fucking go. If 50 to 100 bucks makes or breaks that, then that's on you.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

Then you wouldn't kill to be there, and it isn't your dream

I get it, the prices are high. It sucks. But dude, if you are hung up over an extra 100 dollars which would decide if you would go or not, you probably shouldn't be taking a trip to Vegas. There are 80 dollar seats, which are 140 on stubhub if you are shut out of the sale. Sorry, but that isn't bad if you were planning on doing a whole trip to see this. If that's wayyyyy too much for you, for the first GNR Reunion show, then a rock concert shouldn't be your first priority. I don't make much more money at all, but I'm making this happen.

It sucks concerts cost what they do, but this is not abnormal. You've been bitching about them all day. If you really want to go, just fucking go. If 50 to 100 bucks makes or breaks that, then that's on you.

I would agree here. Knowing Vegas and knowing the tix prices I CAN'T go. Would love to but cannot. End of. I am happy as fuck for those that can go though don't get me wrong. I saw these guys way back and one day they will come here too.

I don't understand the price complaints...I'm not sure what people thought they would get. If it's a big concern then wait for a big tour to be announced. Tickets will likely be less and you'll be closer to a concert so travel isn't an issue.

This specific show that everyone is saying GNR are pricing themselves out of is the first show together in 23 years...it's in Vegas and it's in an arena. I think it will be an incredible moment and a better show. You can't put a price on that.

Besides I think in this rare instance GNR got to name their price or how much they want to make and the ticket prices are then priced accordingly by the agency. I'm just surprised people are so upset. Idk what they expected.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't want to sound harsh, but 80 bucks minimum for an arena show is how it is

Fucking RUSH in Detroit asked that, why wouldn't a GNR Reunion in Vegas?

Their timing sure sucks though. I think statistics show that this time in January is when the majority of people are at their most broke point in the year. In my last job we used to get paid before Xmas then have a super long month until next pay day.

Next time GNR end of tax year please. :lol:

• Like 1

My only complaint about prices would be the random changes that we all noticed today and the ridiculous convenience/Nightrain fees applied on tickets.

I mean, why would you display $250 GA tickets before asking for another hundred when I'm pretty sure none of them have been available for pre-sale?

This whole thing is like the dream situation for scalpers.

Edited by Nalbi

My only complaint about prices would be the random changes that we all noticed today and the ridiculous convenience/Nightrain fees applied on tickets.

I mean, why would you display $250 GA tickets before asking for another hundred when I'm pretty sure none of them have been available for pre-sale?

This whole thing is like the dream situation for scalpers.

I agree, the random changes are bullshit

There were price changes that happened this past summer at The Grateful Dead fare thee well shows in Chicago, seats were offered at one price and then changed after they adjusted the seating to accommodate more people. However, the promoter of the shows was at least somewhat honest and came forward with a statement, not to mention offered full and partial refunds. I highly doubt we will ever see a explanation as to the price increases over the past 2 days, muchless a refund of any type.

Here's a link to the article I'm referring to if anyone wants to read it. It was nice to see that there's some humanity left out there.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/ct-grateful-dead-promoter-offering-full-partial-refunds-20150610-story.html

Over analyzing the prices isn't fun....it is what it is. Just bend over and take it....ya only live once.

Yup. Nothing anyone says is changing it. Buy them however and wherever and deal.if you're that offended, stay home.

Or just simply not afford it, i.e. be priced out.

Shame if you are a gnr fan and you cannot afford it! There are people paying $2000 to be bumbed up the arse by Dizzy and have Dizzy's jizz laminated and signed, yet people who cannot afford the $350 or whatever they are asking to simply see the band live. When I was going to a lot of concerts I was a poor schoolkid-student and I managed to rustle up the money and this was possible; it strikes me that, with the prices demanded by bands, this sector are completely priced out now.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

I paid $94 for a General Admission ticket in 2011, got to the venue at noon and was one layer of people back from the rail (a short Latina girl had wandered into the pit so I spent the gig with my arms on either side of her, hands gripping the rail, making sure she didn't get crushed). Bumble and DJ both tossed me picks. Duff (who was opening and sat in with GNR for "You Could Be Mine") stage-dove on top of me. It was an awesome frigging night, made very special by the fact it was my first time hearing a lot of the ChiDem songs live (they'd only teased the album when I saw the band in 2002).

If G.A. for Vegas were in the $150 range, I'd seriously consider going, but $250 (or $350) is beyond my means.

Also, while I'm delighted that Slash and Axl have made the peace, I'd almost prefer that they not tour until they write some new material together. Imagine the emotions and reawakened memories they must be sharing right now. Plus, Duff has done a ton in the last two decades, evolving as a musician, writer and human being. What great new tracks could come out of all that! Hopefully the set lists will reflect some of their growth alone and apart, with some surprises for everyone rather than a version of the UYI concerts -- which we have (thank God) preserved on bootlegs and the Tokyo videos.

Over analyzing the prices isn't fun....it is what it is. Just bend over and take it....ya only live once.

Yup. Nothing anyone says is changing it. Buy them however and wherever and deal.if you're that offended, stay home.

Or just simply not afford it, i.e. be priced out.

Shame if you are a gnr fan and you cannot afford it! There are people paying $2000 to be bumbed up the arse by Dizzy and have Dizzy's jizz laminated and signed, yet people who cannot afford the $350 or whatever they are asking to simply see the band live. When I was going to a lot of concerts I was a poor schoolkid-student and I managed to rustle up the money and this was possible; it strikes me that, with the prices demanded by bands, this sector are completely priced out now.

The cheaper tickets aren't $350. That's the high end...

I paid $94 for a General Admission ticket in 2011, got to the venue at noon and was one layer of people back from the rail (a short Latina girl had wandered into the pit so I spent the gig with my arms on either side of her, hands gripping the rail, making sure she didn't get crushed). Bumble and DJ both tossed me picks. Duff (who was opening and sat in with GNR for "You Could Be Mine") stage-dove on top of me. It was an awesome frigging night, made very special by the fact it was my first time hearing a lot of the ChiDem songs live (they'd only teased the album when I saw the band in 2002).

If G.A. for Vegas were in the $150 range, I'd seriously consider going, but $250 (or $350) is beyond my means.

Also, while I'm delighted that Slash and Axl have made the peace, I'd almost prefer that they not tour until they write some new material together. Imagine the emotions and reawakened memories they must be sharing right now. Plus, Duff has done a ton in the last two decades, evolving as a musician, writer and human being. What great new tracks could come out of all that! Hopefully the set lists will reflect some of their growth alone and apart, with some surprises for everyone rather than a version of the UYI concerts -- which we have (thank God) preserved on bootlegs and the Tokyo videos.

I remember you! You turned me on to the piano-only November Rain demo. I was next to you in Seattle..., the guy in the leather jacket who brought the dolphins.