04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

Just got into the waiting room to see prices. Everything is jacked still but all is available

I think the $79 tickets were always in that location and that price.

Yeah I can't remember if it wrapped more around the arena though. I thought yellow covered the corners as well?

So the grey seats on the floor behind GA standing is sold out? Those were the best.

Gray is areas are completely sold out. I am on the fence about them having assigned seats behind general admission. It seems kind of wonky to me. So the front half is chaos unorganized standing and the back half is organized standing. Just weird to me.

Edited by oachs83

Hey guys -- first time poster, but appreciated all of the info you guys posted the past couple days.

Just a heads up -- if at first you don't succeed, try and try again! That is how I scored tix via yesterdays presale. Like all of you, I was being told that no tix were available, even if I entered only 1. After about 10 minutes of trying, I got one to pop up (even though I need 2). I opted to not buy the single ticket and keep trying for 2. I kept trying every couple of minutes and, after about an hour and 15 minutes, I scored 2 lower level seats in section 11.

I'm only trying today to see if I can get even better seats. If so, I'll sell the others for face value.

Good luck to ALL!

• Like 4

Created demand through the presale to increase price for the general sale.

You're probably right if that's indeed the case. I still think a couple of things are going on with these Vegas gigs:

1) If they plan to charge $250 top tier for stadium shows, then they've likely increased the price because this is two arena shows and they're trying to make the same money with a smaller audience over two nights instead of one (the promoters that is), and of course, it's to test the waters for tour pricing as far as demand goes.

2) They figure if people are willing to spend $350+ on scalper tickets, they might as well make that money for themselves. If the demand doesn't turn out to be there then those might drop once the tour hits, but if it sells out anyways then the prices will probably stay. Greedy perhaps, but that's the business, the promoters will milk it to get as much money for themselves after they've paid the band the $3 million per show.

Less people will probably buy merch with these ticket prices, but they've already guaranteed an "x" income where any merch sales will just be a bonus.

I really gotta wonder if the scalpers are gonna be able to move all those tickets they snapped up.

No kidding. Fans are clearly hesitant with the face value of $300~ so the scalpers probably bit off more than they can chew.

Edited by James Bond
  • Like 1

Created demand through the presale to increase price for the general sale.

You're probably right if that's indeed the case. I still think a couple of things are going on with these Vegas gigs:

1) If they plan to charge $250 top tier for stadium shows, then they've likely increased the price because this is two arena shows and they're trying to make the same money with a smaller audience over two nights instead of one (the promoters that is), and of course, it's to test the waters for tour pricing as far as demand goes.

2) They figure if people are willing to spend $350+ on scalper tickets, they might as well make that money for themselves. If the demand doesn't turn out to be there then those might drop once the tour hits, but if it sells out anyways then the prices will probably stay. Greedy perhaps, but that's the business, the promoters will milk it to get as much money for themselves after they've paid the band the $3 million per show.

Less people will probably buy merch with these ticket prices, but they've already guaranteed an "x" income where any merch sales will just be a bonus.

Agree with this.

I've never been to a GNR concert and never been in GA standing for any rock concert. One question: Will I die?

For those prices you are going to be standing with Yuppied up moneyed thirtysomething GN'R fans so I do not think you have to worry. In the good old days you would depart smelling of beer and majurana as well as sweat, body odour and urine - none of which would be your own.

• Like 2

I've never been to a GNR concert and never been in GA standing for any rock concert. One question: Will I die?

For those prices you are going to be standing with Yuppied up moneyed thirtysomething GN'R fans so I do not think you have to worry. In the good old days you would depart smelling of beer and majurana as well as sweat, body odour and urine - none of which would be your own.

Frontman speaks the truth.