04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

I'm cool with $80 ($100 after fees) or $125 ($150 after fees) even though none were even put on sale today. I get supply and demand but for AXS to jack up the price by $100 today on their non-premium site is complete bullshit.

Yup, there are 2000 tickets up on stubhub for each show already.. Most of the tickets sold were to scalpers.. I hope they get stuck with them..

Me too. The problem is by the time they drop down to normal it'd be too late for most people to make flight/hotel plans.

Exactly.. If it was a local show, I'd scoop something up half price the day before.. Doesn't work so well for this show..

Prices suck, but at least it isn't like the stones

It is pretty damn close.. $390 bucks?? And as much as I loved Guns N' Roses, they aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Stones.

General Admission for The Stones is $1,500 lol

yeah for the VIP packages.. I know people that got into GA last tour for under $200... Hell, I got into both shows for $80 each through their site. If anyone thing sthese ticket prices are even close to reasonable, you are delusional..

It boils down to price vs. capacity so if a stadium holds 60,000 there is a great chance the prices will be cheaper but the bean counters are the ones that will determine if they can sell out a stadium. Rod Stewart is going to be in Vegas at Caesar's Palace and go take a look at his prices he is asking $250 for a seat. Britney Spears is asking $175 for General, a VIP table is $500 but you must purchase 6 tickets, and her meet and greet is $2,500. This is a chick that has a residence there right now not just 2 shows. On average a everyday show like Rock of Ages costs about $100. It's Vegas baby people have tons of money and that town just searching to spend it. It comes with the territory.

Prices sucking was something we all knew would happen, it really isn't that bad if you were already planning a trip. There are options for 80 to 150

You are forever the optimist hahah.. I don't think people thought prices would be this high.. So high that we can't afford it.. The $80 tix are the absolute worst seats in the house and they are actually $100 after fees.. I'm all set with sitting in the rafters.. I did that at my first GnR show when I was 15...

It is pretty damn close.. $390 bucks?? And as much as I loved Guns N' Roses, they aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Stones.

yeah for the VIP packages.. I know people that got into GA last tour for under $200... Hell, I got into both shows for $80 each through their site. If anyone thing sthese ticket prices are even close to reasonable, you are delusional..

It boils down to price vs. capacity so if a stadium holds 60,000 there is a great chance the prices will be cheaper but the bean counters are the ones that will determine if they can sell out a stadium. Rod Stewart is going to be in Vegas at Caesar's Palace and go take a look at his prices he is asking $250 for a seat. Britney Spears is asking $175 for General, a VIP table is $500 but you must purchase 6 tickets, and her meet and greet is $2,500. This is a chick that has a residence there right now not just 2 shows. On average a everyday show like Rock of Ages costs about $100. It's Vegas baby people have tons of money and that town just searching to spend it. It comes with the territory.

Elton sells his front row seats for 400-500 each. And he is there all the time.

There's no way. GA tickets were $1500 for the Stones. If I would have seen any GA tickets for under $400 I would have bought a pair, but no way they were $200.

I got the $80 Lucky Dip ticket pair too, but 95% of those come out to be very poor nosebleeds that would normally cost $80+ each anyway.

I'm not justifying the GnR prices, but the Stones prices are fair beyond anything normal, not including the Lucky Dip tickets.

• Like 1

There's no way. GA tickets were $1500 for the Stones. If I would have seen any GA tickets for under $400 I would have bought a pair, but no way they were $200.

I got the $80 Lucky Dip ticket pair too, but 95% of those come out to be very poor nosebleeds that would normally cost $80+ each anyway.

I'm not justifying the GnR prices, but the Stones prices are fair beyond anything normal, not including the Lucky Dip tickets.

This

First off I have not been or seen the building other than pictures on the internet. This is based of my opinion alone.

Looking at the construction interior pictures and the live feed camera off the arena's website this arena looks very very similar to an arena I am pretty familiar with. I live in Minnesota and in St. Paul we have the Xcel Energy Center where our hockey team the Wild play and it hosts a lot of major concerts. I can't help but notice how damn near identical this stadium looks like the Xcel on the inside. It looks like they started this project with the blueprint of The Xcel. So that being I think many of us will be just fine. The Xcel has lower seating a mid seating of about 8-10 rows we call "club" seating than the upper seating. During hockey games the Xcel hold about 19,000 people so a concert can house a few more. The Las Vegas arena looks layed out the exact same way as the X and is said to hold around 20,000 people. The Xcel is known around the NHL as one of the best buildings for hockey and Las Vegas is pushing for a hockey team so it would not surprise me at all that Vegas would copy the Xcel.

So I have been to a number of concerts at the Xcel and sat all over the place there and I would say 3/4's of the building when the stage is set at one end of the arena are all pretty good seats. Around 2005 I saw ACDC's Black Ice tour and was midway up the nose bleeds and almost as far away from the stage as I could be and that was the only time I was a bit bummed of my seats. Compared to other arenas they were great but the performers were starting to get a little small however the sound was awesome. Last summer I was 15 rows from stage for Motely and that was absolutely incredible, but there was assigned seats so I didn't have to deal with the general admission B.S. that usually comes with it. Probably one of the best concert experiences I ever had. The lower bowl viewing at the X is fantastic and you will be shocked at how close you actually are and the view you have. I scored section 6 about 12 rows up and I am thrilled I got those seats based onto the concerts I have been to at the Xcel.

Does everyone want to be as close as they can to stage? Well of course. However reading a few of these posts I catch the drift many might not be super thrilled with their seats according to what they see on the chart and I a hoping to throw some insight the best I can to ease some minds. Since not many have been inside the actual arena I am just trying to play detective a bit to help out. If others have been at the Xcel Energy Center and can chime in whether you think I am full of it or agree with me I would love to hear others opinions as well. Hope some of this helps a few people out or at least eases their mind.

Appreciate the insights. Yea looks like a pretty decent set up for optimal viewing for most. I am going with a party of 8 so it was a little tough but I was able to score 8 together in Section 203, row F, so like the lower 1/3 of that section ish. Hopefully its a decent side view and no obstructions.

This

Exactly. I'm on a Stones forum and I'm cracking up at THEM saying how high these prices are. Even though no one batted an eye when they charged through the nose for their 50th.

Also, again, I hate to be annoying and its probably the last I'll say on the subject, but Billboard OUTRIGHT SAID tickets would be about $250. Yes, there are those $350 ones, but its $250 for the floor and nearly all the side lowers, in an arena. Maybe you didn't want to believe it, but this is not a surprise move and shouldn't be to anyone. They said explicitly this would be the case.

Also, again, I hate to be annoying and its probably the last I'll say on the subject, but Billboard OUTRIGHT SAID tickets would be about $250. Yes, there are those $350 ones, but its $250 for the floor and nearly all the side lowers, in an arena. Maybe you didn't want to believe it, but this is not a surprise move and shouldn't be to anyone. They said explicitly this would be the case.

Not anymore it isn't.. All the prices are jacked up from the other day... It is now $350 plus fees for the floor and the side lower Bowl... After fees over $400.. The seats that were $199 in the rear lower Bowl are now $250 plus fees.. Pure insanity...

Not anymore it isn't.. All the prices are jacked up from the other day... It is now $350 plus fees for the floor and the side lower Bowl... After fees over $400.. The seats that were $199 in the rear lower Bowl are now $250 plus fees.. Pure insanity...

On the official AXS website? I didn't think you were even allowed to that. There was one price range that was $350 and it was the 3 closest sections on each side of the stage, lower level, but everything else was exactly as Billboard predicted/was told.

Blame the promoters (AEG in this case). They're trying to milk this and make as much money for themselves as possible.

On the official AXS website? I didn't think you were even allowed to that. There was one price range that was $350 and it was the 3 closest sections on each side of the stage, lower level, but everything else was exactly as Billboard predicted/was told.

yeah man, on the official website.. Go check out the AXS tickets. That is what they did for their AXS presale and it is the same link as the public sale tomorrow.

Blame the promoters (AEG in this case). They're trying to milk this and make as much money for themselves as possible.

The band has plenty of blame too. How much money do they need.. They always talk about the fans and shit well obviously they don't give a shit about the Fans.. Bands certainly have a say in base ticket prices.. AC/DC and Kid Rock have both done it in recent years..

I just looked at ticket prices again on axs and I don't see any price increase from Tuesday. Sections 3,4,5,16,17, and 18 were all in P1 and were $350 as they still are. I remember because I couldn't afford it so I clicked for the best I could for P2 prcing and got Section 6. The prices all look the same to me as before.

Not sure what they were yesterday. I had a chance to buy 4 in sect 11 for 250 each.

I know you may not want to use SH, but if you don't have any luck tomorrow, there are 2 for Friday night on there in section 11, row Z for $270 each. $636 and change total using basic delivery. And no, they aren't mine :) lowest price for lower bowl tix for Friday on SH at the moment.

Thanks. ill keep it in mind

Edited by yourcrazy

I just looked at ticket prices again on axs and I don't see any price increase from Tuesday. Sections 3,4,5,16,17, and 18 were all in P1 and were $350 as they still are. I remember because I couldn't afford it so I clicked for the best I could for P2 prcing and got Section 6. The prices all look the same to me as before.

Same... At least at a very quick glance. Again, there is only one section listed at $350. Can they even just jack up the prices like that? Aren't they basically scalping their own tickets at that point?

They aren't.. The prices in the Citi presale are different than the AXS presale.. Others have seen this too

• Like 1

Same... At least at a very quick glance. Again, there is only one section listed at $350. Can they even just jack up the prices like that? Aren't they basically scalping their own tickets at that point?

Section 13 is now P1 (350) when yesterday it was P2 (250)

Actually I may have spoke to soon. I think he is right as I just was able to "purchase" a single ticket which I didn't but went through the motions. I can highlight sections 7,8,9,10,11, and 13 right now. Sections 7,8, and 13 are now blue which is P1 pricing and after tax for a section 8 row N ticket is $390 with electronic delivery. Sections 9,10, and 11 are now highlighted red as P2 pricing. The tickets I actually bought are in section 6 and looking at my receipt I only paid $250 per before taxes. WOW so as I am typing this I got timed out of my ticket on axs and now I see GA floor is $350 I absolutely swear it was only $250 ten minutes ago. I have not started drinking today honest. Go on axs and when you are asked to put in the code don't just look at the seat map and sure shit section 6 is now blue instead of red. So either there was a deal with Nightrain and Citi to give us a break on the pricing or they just underestimated how big of a deal this concert is.

Section 13 AXS presale $350.. Citi presale $250..

F'n section 8 is listed as $350.. Sure wasn't yesterday.. 9, 10 and 11 were $199 yesterday.. $250 now.. I am looking at the shit right now.

You are completely correct about this. How ever the thing I am wondering that I cannot recall is...was it the whole section? Or is it a case or the higher rows in that section being at a lower price point and today we are seeing lower rows available in the same sections at higher price points bc they are theoretically better seats? Edited by tsinindy

Section 13 AXS presale $350.. Citi presale $250..

F'n section 8 is listed as $350.. Sure wasn't yesterday.. 9, 10 and 11 were $199 yesterday.. $250 now.. I am looking at the shit right now.

You are completely correct about this. How ever the thing I am wondering that I cannot recall is...was it the whole section? Or is it a case or the higher rows in that section being at a lower price point and today we are seeing lower rows available in the same sections at higher price points bc they are theoretically better seats?

The whole section

Wow. Colored me wrong. Maybe it is what tsinidy is saying. Everything I got yesterday was indeed the advertised price, but higher rows. Maybe lower rows were more? Can't explain if they've raised GA. Personally, I do think thats wrong and I'm not even sure how they are getting away with that. I thought prices were set and then had to stay there, and I've never seen something change AS people are buying tickets based on demand.

I was asking all day yesterday "how can I STILL buy tickets to this show that should be the hottest ticket in town?" Maybe its finally just now catching on? I have no idea.