04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

13 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

This is where the bloated pic of Axl came from.

Yeah, because he shouldn't be wearing that bandana anymore. It makes his face look more bloated and his hair is not straight like in the 90's, so that short hair with lots of frizz make him look really really old and fat.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, because he shouldn't be wearing that bandana anymore. It makes his face look more bloated and his hair is not straight like in the 90's, so that short hair with lots of frizz make him look really really old and fat.

I agree, someone needs to tell him to lose the bandana and the hat. He looks so much better with nothing on his head.

58 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

"I sit here on this CHAIR cause Id rather be alone:lol:

God I love reunion Axl, he is so happy now! Looks like he has finally found peace within himself.

Ugh, can't stand Slash playing the solo clean. His electric solo during the UYI days was so epic, why do it this way? His playing has been so disappointing so far with this new formation of Guns, his crappy, thin tone especially...

Edited by pugachev
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, pugachev said:

Ugh, can't stand Slash playing the solo clean. His electric solo during the UYI days was so epic, why do it this way? His playing has been so disappointing so far with this new formation of Guns, his crappy, thin tone especially...

You are correct. His guitar tone is what made him SLASH. That is one of the major things that we missed the most on these songs in the NUGNR era, What is wrong with him?

Edited by SWINGTRADER

26 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Only a partial but RQ:

Be glad we got Vegas and the Troub, cause that was utter shit, Slash and Axl included. Fucking awful. 

47 minutes ago, pugachev said:

Agree, patience is horrible. Needs that UYI SOLO AND TONE. 

Edited by smoking guns
  • Like 1

The Patience solo notwithstanding (which I agree sounded better previously), I have no idea what you guys are hearing. Slash has sounded incredible on the whole. Coma, November Rain, Estranged, Nighttrain ... the list goes on and on. There's nothing wrong with his tone/sound.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

RQ sounds awesome. Slash's playing is fine, too. 

For fucks sake

Some people just love to complain about anything and everything, apparently. If a note or vocal isn't played or sang exactly as the perfectionist fans think it should be, there's an entire thread devoted to it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

He sounded 100 times better in Vegas. 

I do agree that Vegas sounded better. I think at least part of reason for that is the acoustics in the indoor arena. Can't get that same sound in an outdoor venue. The entire band sounded better,not just Axl. Having said that, they were in no way bad last night. Just different.

With regard to Axl's vocals, it has generally always been a YMMV situation but even more so with age.

Edited by thunderram

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I agree. That bandana really is extremely unflattering. Maybe he can reintroduce when he loses 20 lbs and grows his hair a bit. Or just keep away from it, he looks perfectly fine without it. 

1 hour ago, Ak1nney said:

That was a great version of Patience. The clean solo was fine, the audio didn't exactly help with how it would sound in a good mix live, but I'm okay with it staying more true to the studio recording.

I dunno, Slash has a very obvious and brutal timing issue around 4:38 in the above vid. I mean it's DJ Ashba level. But yeah mostly he plays fine.

4 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

"I sit here on this CHAIR cause Id rather be alone:lol:

God I love reunion Axl, he is so happy now! Looks like he has finally found peace within himself.

don henley played Patience ONCE with these guys in 1989 and didnt miss a beat

what this frank drummer guy does here on the outro part is something completely unbelievable

really i cant believe this

I love how non guitar players find mistakes! The best in the world make mistakes every song! Most of times its being lazy, trust me! Coming from a player there are many more mistakes your not hearing even cause your ear isn't trained to notice like players ears are! If you don't wanna make mistakes go play guitar hero!

• Like 4

when izzy gets band in the band and axl get rid of the hired guys and they make new music then we wont have this kind of reviews

Review: Guns N' Roses Is Game, But Glory Days Do Slip Away

#Entertainment 2 HOURS AGO LOS ANGELES TIMES BY BY LORRAINE ALI LOS ANGELES TIMES

April 17-- INDIO, Calif.-The first indication that the Guns N' Roses playing Coachella was not your parents' Guns N' Roses was when singer Axl Rose, guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan started their headlining set on time.

The second set of clues? No, it wasn't that Rose performed the entire show sitting down or that AC/DC's Angus Young stormed the stage at one point. It was, when in all sincerity, Rose referred to the audience and evening as "lovely."

The no-shows, temper tantrums, audience provocation and clear disdain for one another that contributed to Guns N' Roses' reputation as one of the last dangerous rock groups were absent Saturday night as the L.A. band's three original members plowed through a two-hour-plus set on Coachella's main stage.

With little to no interaction between sworn enemies Rose and Slash, they performed most of the hits ("Paradise City," "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine") and many of the misses (anything from "Chinese Democracy") with a determined, jaw-clenching patience that has no place in the dysfunctional lore of Guns N' Roses.

But the relatively young audience was willing to go anywhere with GNR for a piece of '80s rock nostalgia, and it was that suspension of disbelief, coupled with Slash's talent for making songs you've heard a billion times feel vital again, that carried the night.

The band (which included several additional players including keyboardist Dizzy Reed) kicked off with "It's So Easy" and "Mr. Brownstone"-songs from an era when punk rock collided with metal on the Sunset Strip-sending the most distinctive hard-rock riffs in Coachella memory across a field now mostly devoted to electronic dance music.

A stationary Rose kept up in the beginning of the set, delivering the acerbic, high-pitched battle cry now associated with a time when hair was big and pants were leather.

He soon struggled, however, to hit those high notes from his elevated "throne," which was really a chair adorned by a halo of guitar necks. The gift from Foo Fighter Dave Grohl resembled the seat from "Game of Thrones," which seemed fitting for a man with at least half as much drama in his life as the Westeros crowd.

In pure Rose fashion, he'd messed things up for Guns N' Roses weeks before Coachella by breaking his foot at a secret Troubadour club gig meant to kick off their "Not in This Lifetime" reunion tour.

But without the trademark slithery, serpentine dance and frenetic stage pacing at Coachella, Rose had to rely on his voice, which isn't the kindest way for rock's last megastar, at 54, to re-enter the atmosphere.

The singer did rise to the occasion when AC/DC's Young made his surprise guest appearance, skipping onto the stage in a schoolboy uniform for the Axl-fronted rendition of "Whole Lotta Rosie."

The guest appearance served as a run-through for their upcoming collaboration: It was announced hours earlier that Rose would be joining the Australian band on its "Rock or Bust" tour, taking the place of Brian Johnson, who's retiring because of hearing issues.

But when Rose switched back again to singing with Guns N' Roses ("Paradise City," "Knocking on Heaven's Door"), the little light that was left in his eyes seemed to dim, despite his showmanship effort in the form of changing headgear-a worn fedora, a wilted cowboy hat, and yes, The Bandana.

The set wasn't a disaster a la Stone Roses, which headlined a few years before, or the predictable blast only a precision touring machine like AC/DC can pull off (it carried the main stage last year).

It was instead a valiant effort to achieve the impossible: relive a breakthrough moment when this mess of a band made one of the best rock albums ever. But some things are best left broken, and Guns N' Roses is one of them.