04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

13 minutes ago, Scumcat Esq. said:

I didn't recognize him. So, was this festival  some sort of a superstar flash mob?

It's like Glastonbury of USA. Everyone knows who is headlining and it has a lot of coverage everywhere and it's near LA so a lot of famous people go there. 

1 hour ago, nikosgnr said:

13043261_1194062637271945_4267135509244658327_n.jpg

Wow, that is Leo. What is he doing there disguised as a Wolverine and wearing a Univ of Mich. hat?

Maybe, Leo wants to have GN'R do a song for his next movie. I remember how excited I was to to watch Body of Lies, just to hear If the World in that movie.

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I read a review in LA times where the lady said the show was boring bc they weren't dangerous, they came out on time, Axl called the crowd lovely and sat during the whole performance. She was probably right about his vocals but she acted like he was god awful on every song except ACDC covers.

she said Slash saved the show bc Axl was being a terrible frontman

thats a rough summary but it makes me sad that people have to read that garbage. She essentially trashed them for being professionals and not causing trouble 

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-guns-n-roses-coachella-axl-rose-20160417-story.html

just seemed like a back handed Axl Rose hate review. I mean she said he messed everything up in typical rose fashion by breaking his foot 

Reviews are like assholes- everyone has one.   This is one chicks review, who cares.... And no wonder they don't do (much) media- everything gets all spun and disected and such.   Like Russ said- 'I also used to be bothered by these reviews', but it's 1 persons review.  It's her opinion.   Who cares?   

Edited by Original

6 hours ago, Original said:

Reviews are like assholes- everyone has one.   This is one chicks review, who cares.... And no wonder they don't do (much) media- everything gets all spun and disected and such.   Like Russ said- 'I also used to be bothered by these reviews', but it's 1 persons review.  It's her opinion.   Who cares?   

True, everyone has an asshole, but not all assholes are created the same. Take this review for instance - 

http://www.laweekly.com/music/its-so-sleazy-guns-n-roses-gave-coachella-its-most-epic-rock-set-ever-6837392

It's fairly balanced and gives Axl praise where due. There are some inaccuracies, regarding the last big dates that GN'R played for example, but it is mostly an honest review, Take this para for instance - 

When fans sang along to the chorus of "Sweet Child O’ Mine," or clapped along with the bass drum on "Rocket Queen," or went fucking gaga on the first note of "Welcome to the Jungle," it wasn't because GNR has sold 44.5 million records in the U.S., or because they represent MTV's golden era of rock. It's because America desperately needs a rock band with more balls. We’ve spent decades being drowned with wimpy hipster bands influenced by Pavement or grunge's depressed cloud of proto-hipster shit. Over the course of the last five years, especially, rock & roll has been desexualized — because boobs are offensive, apparently, to some people.

That's genuine and accurate sentiment.

On the whole it takes a positive view of GN'R and the band's place and future in in Rock history.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Original said:

http://thebea.st/1qzsuBV

the guy that wrote this review sucks haha most people are not happy with this review on Twitter 

Edited by IncitingChaos

1 hour ago, smoking guns said:

Slash may have been drunk or slightly high. I hope to God this huge stage doesn't cause anyone to fall off the wagon. The conspirators are all sober, don't think GNR IS EXCEPT Duff and Slash. Between Frank Sucking and a potential drunk Slash things could go sound. Just 3 more shows then focus for the US SUMMER TOUR. 

This is probably the sloppiest I've seen Slash play since his drunk/high days, but I highly doubt he was under the influence. Just judging by the videos I think Frank is throwing him off.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

This is probably the sloppiest I've seen Slash play since his drunk/high days, but I highly doubt he was under the influence. Just judging by the videos I think Frank is throwing him off.

It was sloppy before Frank chimed in though...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GnRFL said:

Most of the reviews I have come across have been positive, but here is probably the worst negative one I have seen.  The tragedy is that someone actually paid him to write this.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/reviews/guns-n%E2%80%99-roses%E2%80%99-lame-coachella-show/ar-BBrS1nF?li=BBnba9J

I'd be willing to bet that "journalist" was not even at the show.

Bad reviews get more clicks. Fuck them. GNR got bad reviews all the time during their prime, they do not matter. Reviews are useless in the Internet age. Th only review that matters is your ears and eyes when watching a YouTube clip. The videos on the Internet and word of mouth is what is important.

P.S Why are GNR still using dancers on stage? I thought that was only gong to be a Vegas thing. Not good.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

3 hours ago, smoking guns said:

Slash may have been drunk or slightly high. I hope to God this huge stage doesn't cause anyone to fall off the wagon. The conspirators are all sober, don't think GNR IS EXCEPT Duff and Slash. Between Frank Sucking and a potential drunk Slash things could go sound. Just 3 more shows then focus for the US SUMMER TOUR. 

Frank was badass on Godfather when he comes in for the first time.  Lifts the song up with his energy.  He's great but he's not great for nostalgia I understand.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

Those pro shot videos are great, I hope we get more!   Jungle was cool.  Axl really knows how to rock the chair :lol:.  Just wondering why it took them almost 4 minutes to show Slash on NR.  

It's his rocking chair....hehe.....

28 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Bad reviews get more clicks. Fuck them. GNR got bad reviews all the time during their prime, they do not matter. Reviews are useless in the Internet age. Th only review that matters is your ears and eyes when watching a YouTube clip. The videos on the Internet and word of mouth is what is important.

P.S Why are GNR still using dancers on stage? I thought that was only gong to be a Vegas thing. Not good.

Yep I wish they would stop using dancers already. They add nothing to the show.