What would be good subject matter for brand new tunes?

What would Axl write lyrics about?

Stephanie Seymour?  Old news

broken hearts?

"The system" trying to manipulate him?

partying?   naaah

life on the streets of Malibu?

conquering the naysayers?

taco bell?

assorted political issues?

old asshole band mates?  Not any more

healing old wounds?

reclaiming the throne?

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Sex, paranoia and whatever he is pissed off about at the time.. That seems to work well.

I'm with you on the last part. I'd say "whatever he's pissed off about" is the most likely thing we'll hear out of him. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm with you on the last part. I'd say "whatever he's pissed off about" is the most likely thing we'll hear out of him. 

That that was the first one that popped into my head.. Seems like a no brainer. Axl usually has something interesting to sing about.. He's not gonna come out singing pop bubble gum lyrics, that's for sure.. 

Izzy and Duff can lift the weight off Axl here a little. 

Axl can still write about politic and social issues, serial killers, love songs. 

It's an interesting question because reunion records seem to fall short of expectations in some way. It's more for die hards to get more of something they like. It's very difficult terrain. For a band like GNR they need a Back in Black level album. Your best shot at that is the AFD line up. But that is also the biggest risk. 

So I see the logic of a self titled with songs from various members.  There's probably material Axl wants Slash on so it could all work out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wasted said:

Izzy and Duff can lift the weight off Axl here a little. 

Axl can still write about politic and social issues, serial killers, love songs. 

It's an interesting question because reunion records seem to fall short of expectations in some way. It's more for die hards to get more of something they like. It's very difficult terrain. For a band like GNR they need a Back in Black level album. Your best shot at that is the AFD line up. But that is also the biggest risk. 

So I see the logic of a self titled with songs from various members.  There's probably material Axl wants Slash on so it could all work out. 

Loving the alien meets scraped

Seymour weeping still allowed. Songs with general topics like Shackler's, shit like that just lyrically could work. Songs like Prostitute about the band itself or the artist and shit that went down between them will be challenging. Not sure about that.

Chinese was dictated by the vocal melodies and lyrics. It depends what CD ll and all the other songs from the other members talk about. It's not that huge of a problem if you have a clear understanding of what it is you wanna say and you actually have something to say.

Some music that was written with certain lyrics in mind can still work with a different theme, but if Axl already wrote lyrics he's 100% content with, that could be a problem.

A song like Jackie Chan for example. Take the snippet we got and it kinda seems like it's like Prostitute: the theme is about Axl, the fans, and sellouts, other members. Don't see that kind of shit working, but others could.

Edited by Rovim

8 hours ago, ericy210 said:

What would Axl write lyrics about?

Stephanie Seymour?  Old news

broken hearts?

"The system" trying to manipulate him?

partying?   naaah

life on the streets of Malibu?

conquering the naysayers?

taco bell?

assorted political issues?

old asshole band mates?  Not any more

healing old wounds?

reclaiming the throne?

Please, please......please....NO MORE songs about Stephanie Seymour.

• Like 1

ISIS ( but u have to be careful about that, theres a silent theory about weilands death that somehow had something to do with some coments or whatever)

Kim jong korea crapy dictatorial

Obama's " LEFT hand"

Church pedofile scandal

I missed u more than i needed u 

But the MUST DO one have to be something about " yep, we're back and we're pissed"

I've been thinking, what if they wrote a song about the whole reunion thing. Could it work? About the war between them and the reconciliation. Kinda like this: 

Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow were enemies for more than a decade after Robbie Williams quit Take That in 1995. But then they reconciled and made a song about it. Could GNR make a song about their breakup without sounding as cheesy as Robbie and Gary?

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

I've been thinking, what if they wrote a song about the whole reunion thing. Could it work? About the war between them and the reconciliation. Kinda like this: 

Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow were enemies for more than a decade after Robbie Williams quit Take That in 1995. But then they reconciled and made a song about it. Could GNR make a song about their breakup without sounding as cheesy as Robbie and Gary?

nobody needs this sweet/cute shit from guns. They are a badass band and need to right songs about not giving a damn, stuff that pisses them off or getting laid.

40 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

nobody needs this sweet/cute shit from guns. They are a badass band and need to right songs about not giving a damn, stuff that pisses them off or getting laid.

There's always been an emotional side to GNR. It's never been a pure macho band, thank God. But of course that Robbie Williams example is terrible in it's cheesiness. That's why I was wondering if GNR could make something similar but with the right kind of attitude. 

41 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

There's always been an emotional side to GNR. It's never been a pure macho band, thank God. But of course that Robbie Williams example is terrible in it's cheesiness. That's why I was wondering if GNR could make something similar but with the right kind of attitude. 

yes, emotional towards women..not sissy stuff like take that.