Axl Rose is like 'Kanye when angry' says DJ Ashba

4 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

I'm sure we'll find out soon if DJ's going to be at the Vegas show, take a selfie with his wife from the audience. 

He should. I hate selfies but even Izzy stradlin takes them. Izzy = Dj Ashba when it comes to selfies 

1 hour ago, spliff said:

the hip hop community fucks with axl more than you'd think

this is a hip hop forum i lurk on which doesn't really like white people (hence why i lurk)  so when i saw this thread recently i was kinda surprised

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/this-muthafukka-axl-rose-mindblown-watchin-some-old-clips-of-guns-n-roses-shows-over-the-years.401194/

well until they started talking about one in a million

No they don't. The hip hop community is too busy blaming police officers for their own shortcomings, they don't even have time for axl

7 hours ago, Huge fan said:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/30989220/axl-rose-is-like-kanye-when-angry/?cmp=st

Axl Rose behaves like Kanye West if you make him angry, according to former Guns N' Roses bandmate DJ Ashba.

Ashba was the band's lead guitarist from 2009 until last year, and though he mostly enjoyed his time with the group, he says behaviour of Rose was sometimes just like that of the outspoken and temperamental rapper.

"It got difficult here and there," he tells US radio station SiriusXM. "He's definitely, definitely a unique character. He has a very tight-knit circle and I was fortunate enough to be part of that. And he's always treated me like gold. I have not a bad word to say. Although I do know if you cross him he can turn more into the Kanye side of things (sic)."

Articles like this are the reason behind the song, 'Get in the Ring'.  It's the perfect example how some writer will take what was a completely positive opinion about Axl and twist and turn the interview into something negative.

Ashba was extremely complimentary about Axl in the entire interview.  Before you criticize Ashba, read the real interview in its entirety instead of falling into the trap of being this writer's puppets. 

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, spliff said:

the hip hop community fucks with axl more than you'd think

this is a hip hop forum i lurk on which doesn't really like white people (hence why i lurk)  so when i saw this thread recently i was kinda surprised

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/this-muthafukka-axl-rose-mindblown-watchin-some-old-clips-of-guns-n-roses-shows-over-the-years.401194/

well until they started talking about one in a million

I have an ignorant question to ask... don't kill me :(

Does Guns N' Roses have black fans?

I figured that because of 'One In A Million' no black person would want to say they like the band or Axl but after so many years, I wonder if GN'R actually has a black fanbase.

Haven't been to shows in countries with black population so I can't tell from that.

Just wondering, please do no take offense from my question!

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I figured that because of 'One In A Million' no black person would want to say they like the band or Axl but after so many years, I wonder if GN'R actually has a black fanbase.

Haven't been to shows in countries with black population so I can't tell from that.

Guns N' Roses has fans from every continent in the world....I have met a lot of them. Black, White, Purple, Blue, Orange...their audience is diverse. 

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sonofnazareth said:

Guns N' Roses has fans from every continent in the world....I have met a lot of them. Black, White, Purple, Blue, Orange...their audience is diverse. 

I know they are a worldwide popular band but the black community is special and still a minority in most places, so I was wondering if there was a black fanbase for this band.

Just now, killuridols said:

I know they are a worldwide popular band but the black community is special and still a minority in most places, so I was wondering if there was a black fanbase for this band.

firstly, people are individuals and not everyone in the same community will listen to the same music. I have met quite a few 'black' people who are die-hard GNR fans from different countries. 

5 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

firstly, people are individuals and not everyone in the same community will listen to the same music. I have met quite a few 'black' people who are die-hard GNR fans from different countries. 

Aright, thanks for your input :)

9 hours ago, stella said:

...aaaand that's a surprise how, exactly? I mean, Axl's temper is kind of legendary.

Right, I mean c'mon, he himself once sarcastically said "It's not like I'm known for being reactionary" to paraphrase from memory. (Eddie Trunk radio appearance) It was the wrong word, granted, he meant reactive, but the gist was clear. 

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

And to be even more fair, DJ Ashba never brought Kaney West into the conversation!

It was Jenny Garth who asked him to "rate" Axl's temperament in a scale of 1-to-Kaney and that's how poor Ashba ended up mentioning that stupid guy.

This is what I came to say. Regardless if you love or hate Axl or love or hate Kanye, DJ wasn't actually comparing Kanye to Axl. DJ was just saying that Axl could be at the top of the given difficult to work with scale if you crossed him.

Articles like the first linked one is just click-bait. How much interest are you actually going to get if your article is titled "DJ Ashba says Axl can be difficult to work with if you cross him?"

Who doesn't know that Axl can be difficult to work with? Even Axl knows that Axl can be difficult to work with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

This is what I came to say. Regardless if you love or hate Axl or love or hate Kanye, DJ wasn't actually comparing Kanye to Axl. DJ was just saying that Axl could be at the top of the given difficult to work with scale if you crossed him.

Articles like the first linked one is just click-bait. How much interest are you actually going to get if your article is titled "DJ Ashba says Axl can be difficult to work with if you cross him?"

Who doesn't know that Axl can be difficult to work with? Even Axl knows that Axl can be difficult to work with.

Exactly this.

I'm FAR from a DJ(tm) fan, but this is just plain a click-bait, unfair article. What he actually said is waaaaaaaaaaaay different than what the headline claims.

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

"Of all time" 

rs_634x1024-150506061825-634.Beyonce-Hig

large.jpg

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

NWA were fans of GN"R

http://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/mash-of-the-titans-when-eazy-e-met-axl-rose/

http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2013/09/dj-yella-recalls-n-w-a-mistakenly-turning-down-guns-n-roses-tour/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/dr-dre-says-axl-rose-6253206

download (2).jpg

download (1).jpg

download.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, they have fans from all walks of life. In one of the MTV interviews from the 1990s, there's a bit with Kurt Loder where he mentions that Chuck D from Public Enemy liked Guns N' Roses.

I think many were put off by "One in a Million," not just black people...I certainly was, and I still don't like the song. But the song's been explained and re-explained and apologies have been made for it about a thousand times by now, and most people are smart enough not to judge their body of work by it.

Edited by stella

I met a cousin once wearing a Ramones T shirt, totally unlikely street kid type character and i was like wow, i didn't know you liked The Ramones.  And he's like whats The Ramones?  And i go a punk band from the 70s.  He was like oh thanks for ruining it, i liked this shirt as well!'.  Sold it on ebay :lol:

I seen a pic with Tupac and Kiss too, i doubt they were fans, famous people get their pictures taken with famous people, don't make em fans...or even friends.

Edited by Len B'stard