Axl Rose is like 'Kanye when angry' says DJ Ashba

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/30989220/axl-rose-is-like-kanye-when-angry/?cmp=st

Axl Rose behaves like Kanye West if you make him angry, according to former Guns N' Roses bandmate DJ Ashba.

Ashba was the band's lead guitarist from 2009 until last year, and though he mostly enjoyed his time with the group, he says behaviour of Rose was sometimes just like that of the outspoken and temperamental rapper.

"It got difficult here and there," he tells US radio station SiriusXM. "He's definitely, definitely a unique character. He has a very tight-knit circle and I was fortunate enough to be part of that. And he's always treated me like gold. I have not a bad word to say. Although I do know if you cross him he can turn more into the Kanye side of things (sic)."

...aaaand that's a surprise how, exactly? I mean, Axl's temper is kind of legendary.

Ashba was really gracious in his comments, though. Axl treated him well and he's acknowledged that. Whatever one thinks of Ashba, the way he's handled all questions/PR related to Guns N' Roses since he left has been very classy.

• Like 2

Just now, Len B'stard said:

Axl Rose and Kanye West are both MASSIVE wankers.  BUT...Axl is not so far gone, not so tepid, not so irretrievably full of shit so as to bear comparison to Kanye West.  Remember, i think Axl is a tossbag and is nowhere near as talented as the majority of this forum thinks but he's nowhere near as bad as a Kanye.  On EVERY level.  There is a vague similarity in their both thinking they're great artists when they are not but at the same time Axl has shown glimpses of a sense of humour about himself and what he does and has at times been quite self effacing about it.  Like when Chi Dem came out and they were talking about it's performance in terms of sales Axl was quite humble about it.  And other comments he's made before now about how he was kinda learning on the job with new technology and studio stuff, it makes you kinda root for the guy.  Kanye SERIOUSLY thinks he is a Beethoven or a Picasso or a Shakespeare.  I mean it's not hype or bluff (which even if it was, to express such things makes you a MASSIVE tool) but no, he genuinely believes it and has passionately stated so on a number of occasions.

Also, Axl is more musically talented in the pop music sphere.  He can sing, naturally, he has an ear for melody, he thinks he's better than he is at times i get the feeling but nowhere near Kanye who is like an ant thinking he's a T Rex.  Axl is more like a Staf' that thinks he's a Pitbull. 

As far as anger, noooooooo fucking way.  Axl rants, yes but you can bet your last fuckin' polo that it ain't just a rant, it ain't just talk, if you see him you will seriously see him.  When he's indignant about something and you run into him someones gonna catch a fuckin' beat, Axl will throwdown, Kanye is just like a vague rambling bitch that you know won't do anything one way or another, physically legally or in any sense.  Axl means what he says about shit when he loses his rag, he ain't wishy washy about it. 

Temper without follow through is just the same as a bitch-fit, Axls temper has follow through, he is NOT just talking, he will put it on people.  Kanye is just like a man with money who yells at subservients every so often and people who knows ain't gonna do shit one way or the other.  Axl can be like that to a point but Axl will take it there too. 

Also, Kanye is an ACTUAL moron.  Axl might say some shit i don't agree with when he rants...but i can always see where he's coming from, there's a line of logic to it, it's not just complete random rambling fuckin' drivel, it's just something i may or may not agree with.  Kanye even SOUNDS like a fuckin' bitch.  Listen to Axls voice when he's angry, there is a menace there, it has something about it, a touch of the Chief Thunder-Cloud, Kanye just sounds like a fuckin' nasal whiney fuckin'...woman (sorry girls! :lol:).  Kanyes got more bitch in him than Kim, seriously.

No, no comparison, not on any level, I'm not having that...and i don't even particularly rate Axl that much but i have been a Guns n Roses fan and i do feel i know a thing or two about the man as a fan and thats a serious injustice to Axl, he is nowhere near that fuckin' bad, no way.  Axl is not a pussy.  Not saying he's a hardnut and I'm sure he knows better than to kick off where he might get starched but Kanye has literally nothing about him, he ain't about shit, he's...zero, zip, pathetic, a weenie, a weasel, a charlatan, a pussy, a limp noodle, a suspect chin, a jellyfish, a phoney and...he's just comical.

A lot of the stuff that Axls rep suffers from is hearsay, not stuff we necessarily have clear evidence of, whereas Kanye slaughters himself by himself and pubicly on a regular basis.  More important than any of that though is that Axl has some good matierial to his name.  Some of it seriously good.  Some seriously heavyweight inspired moments.  He has SCOMs to his name.  He has some vocal takes that can really take you places.  Kanyes music couldn't take you round the cornershop for a pint of milk.

Great post. That's dead on. Axl can be an asshole when he wants to be, no doubt. Kanye is a little bitch. There's a difference.

I actually feel sorry for kids today, this is what passes for a wild eccentric creative artist these days, it's fuckin' pitiful, Kanyes a bum, this guy couldn't get respect from The Samaritans hotline.  I'd take Axl Rose over Kanye West ANY fuckin' day of the week.  I'd take a lot lesser men than Axl over Kanye.

Edited by Len B'stard

This is so ridiculous....

Like, these kids writing shit that puts Kaney before Axl Rose. Where the hell have they've been or where they born in 2005?
Axl Rose came first, therefore, the one who's trying to be an Axl is Kaney West, not the other way around.

I agree with what the poster above said, Kaney just has an inflated ego and he forces himself into the public opinion as some tough guy but it is all made up, he´s fake, he puts on a performance with the way he acts.

One of the differences between Axl and Kaney is that Axl never promoted himself or called himself the best of something. It is others who put him in places, label him, etc. It is the media and fans.

Kaney is his own media and a big fan of himself. Probably that's what has put him on th elimelight though, but once he gets tired of it, everybody will forget.

I can't name one single song from that guy that I can say "wow this is gonna be a classic in 40 years".

There ain't a man on earth that thinks Kanye is a tough guy, i don't buy it, not even kids, kids ain't stupid, when i was 13 you show me Tupac and MC Hammer i could tell the fuckin' difference, i refuse to believe anybody thinks Kanye is some kind badman.

Jesus H.................clickbait article is going to make me defend DJ(tm)

This is from the same interview where DJ(tm) said that Axl treated him like gold. Yahoo just decided to make clickbait out of it by making the headline the part DJ(tm) said in the the middle of paying compliments to Axl.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I imagine if you go on a Kanye West forum, they will be saying the exact opposite things to what people are saying here, ''how can our beloved Kanye be compared with a cheesy 1980s hair rocker?''. Such are opinions.

Well then they're just plain wrong man, like i said, i could hardly be called Axls biggest fan, i think he's a prick in a lot of ways but Jesus Lord, he deserves more respect than to be lumped in with a mouth-breather like Kanye.  its like comparing Donnie Tourettes from that band that was so shit that i forgot their name to Keith Moon in terms of whoose the biggest hellraiser/mentalist, some things are just facts and reality bears them out.

Edited by Len B'stard

Just now, Len B'stard said:

Well then they're just plain wrong man, like i said, i could hardly be called Axls biggest fan, i think he's a prick in a lot of ways but Jesus Lord, he deserves more respect than to be lumped in with a mouth-breather like Kanye.

Wrong in what way? Wrong that Kanye West fans will not esteem Axl more than Kanye and consequentially find the analogy distasteful?

I honestly do not know a single thing about Kanye West beyond the fact that he is black and one of those hippy hoppy guys, however he must be a colossal tosspot to turn Axl into a ''distant second'' for ''biggest wanker in rock''. You have to be some genius at wankery to topple Axl!!

Wrong in what way? Wrong that Kanye West fans will not esteem Axl more than Kanye and consequentially find the analogy distasteful?

No i mean they'd just be plain wrong in their assertion.

I honestly do not know a single thing about Kanye West beyond the fact that he is black and one of those hippy hoppy guys, however he must be a colossal tosspot to turn Axl into a ''distant second'' for ''biggest wanker in rock''. You have to be some genius at wankery to topple Axl!!

Oh he is, he really is!  And when interpreting that comment i want you to bear in mind how much i ridicule Axl on here and all the times I've made him out to be a divvy, this guy is WAAAAAAAY off the fuckin' charts with his cockstainery.  I'd like to think we have enough in common, broadly speaking, regarding such things for you to take my word on this one, he is an absolute bellend!.  Remember the sort of praise lovely Rita used to give to Axl?  Well Kanye gives that to himself.  And his music is fucking shite.  Yes, if there is one way, one single solitary way in which Kanye is a genius it is a genius in wankery, TRUST me when i tell you, this man will blow your fuckin' mind in terms of how big of a toss-stain he is.  I wouldn't even give him the time of day were it not for the fact that I'm a massive hip hop fan and in being so it's difficult to avoid the cunt.  But yes, God yes, he really is something else, unparralleled in that sense i think, i really can't think of a bigger nobhead.

The guy likens himself to be the Shakespeare, the piccasso of this generation...and seriously so.  Not in a jokey way, not taking the piss, seriously, with the fire in his eyes he says this shit.  He actually argued this shit out on a radio interview once.  Are you starting to get my meaning?

2 minutes ago, spliff said:

a walking contradiction 

If i was Sway Calloway i would've beat the fucking shit out of him that day.  I would've seriously battered him.  Repeated closed fist blows to the face until he wept apologies.

• Like 3

Just now, RussTCB said:

This is from the same interview where DJ(tm) said that Axl treated him like gold. Yahoo just decided to make clickbait out of it by making the headline the part DJ(tm) said in the the middle of paying compliments to Axl.

I'm glad you pointed that out. I was seriously about to say Dj needs his ass kicked for lumping Axl with Kanye.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

In Axl's heyday, he beefed with Motley Crue and Nirvana and Metallica.

Kanye's major beef has been with Taylor Swift.

That should at least tell you something.

Edited by J Dog

the hip hop community fucks with axl more than you'd think

this is a hip hop forum i lurk on which doesn't really like white people (hence why i lurk)  so when i saw this thread recently i was kinda surprised

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/this-muthafukka-axl-rose-mindblown-watchin-some-old-clips-of-guns-n-roses-shows-over-the-years.401194/

well until they started talking about one in a million

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

And to be even more fair, DJ Ashba never brought Kaney West into the conversation!

It was Jenny Garth who asked him to "rate" Axl's temperament in a scale of 1-to-Kaney and that's how poor Ashba ended up mentioning that stupid guy.

• Like 1