Any other non-US fans feeling a bit left out?

26 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

You work a living right, i'm sure you could afford it, you appear to do some sort of an office job so i don't suppose you're on minimum wage, other than that not like u got kids to look after, can you not juggle your finances, have a looksee where you might be able to save a bit and make it?  Fans do some crazy shit to make it to things like this.

I mean say a couple of hundred notes for the tickets is it?  I'm sure McLeod could reccomend you some cheap rathole Las Vegas dive you could lay your head in a couple of nights.

You're forgetting about the grand for the flights.

I'm a care worker for disabled people. We earn shit money, and I'm shit at money management too. I spend like I post on here, a lot, frivolously and without much thought.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Towelie said:

You're forgetting about the grand for the flights.

I'm a care worker for disabled people. We earn shit money, and I'm shit at money management too. I spend like I post on here, a lot, frivolously and without much thought.

so you really just hate your life is what your saying

Yeah I feel a bit left out, not because I live in the UK and not even because I won't see this first momentous show. It's more of a reminder that I can't do shit that I really want to do just because I want to. Nobody's fault of course - just how my life is at this stage, it would cost a lot to go Vegas, even alone, but the main issue is not having anyone to care for my kids other than my husband who would have to take a load of unpaid leave, making it so much more expensive. When you weigh this stuff up the ...but it's Axl and Slash argument just doesn't wash in the real world.

I'll just have to catch them nearer to home if they get this far, if they don't then I'll bitch along with you Towelie. :lol:

• Like 1

I'm gutted not to be there for Vegas    Those are the shows to be at and the atmosphere is going to be electric there won't be another show like it because it's the first with Axl and Slash. By the time they hit Europe there'll be that many videos on you tube it won't quite be the same but still will be great. Personally I've been waiting 24 years to see GNR so I'll just be as excited to them next year as I would Vegas. I can only hope if a new album was to get released then hopefully they start the tour supporting the album in Europe to make up for it (preferably uk :P).

11 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Tell that to my credit card bill.

My credit card bill last month was ridiculous. Mostly due to this trip. :lol: The  major expense is that I'm taking the wife. :lol:

Edited by Dazey

8 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Tell that to my credit card bill.

See, there you go, couple of hundred for the tickets, 320 return, maybe a ton on the hotel or whatever, i dunno, help me out here Chris.  Have a look around your gaff, see if there's anything worth flogging and stop spending like a cunt from a moment.  Which isn't supposed to be as patronising as it sounded, i spend like a cunt too but at the same time I'm not bothered about going to see Ginger Bollocks, Shedding Curly and The Pisshead Scholar Live in Vegas.

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

See, there you go, couple of hundred for the tickets, 320 return, maybe a ton on the hotel or whatever, i dunno, help me out here Chris.  Have a look around your gaff, see if there's anything worth flogging and stop spending like a cunt from a moment.  Which isn't supposed to be as patronising as it sounded, i spend like a cunt too but at the same time I'm not bothered about going to see Ginger Bollocks, Shedding Curly and The Pisshead Scholar Live in Vegas.

I was starting to warm to the idea of everyone else chipping in....

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Got an iphone at all?  thats at least a couple of hundred quid right there.  Any kind of a games console?  Use your loaf man, improvise!

Nah, truth be told I have nothing of value that I'd WANT to sell. I have my lovely Gibson which could fetch a grand and a half tomorrow if I put it up for sale, but I know I'd regret it. Obviously don't want it bad enough I suppose. But I'm more than willing to let a hundred people chuck in a tenner for me to go. Now c'mon guys, lets have a whip round. I'll be sure to buy you a pint should we ever meet in real life. Deal?

Just now, Towelie said:

Nah, truth be told I have nothing of value that I'd WANT to sell. I have my lovely Gibson which could fetch a grand and a half tomorrow if I put it up for sale, but I know I'd regret it. Obviously don't want it bad enough I suppose. But I'm more than willing to let a hundred people chuck in a tenner for me to go. Now c'mon guys, lets have a whip round. I'll be sure to buy you a pint should we ever meet in real life. Deal?

See there you go, Gibson guitar, if that was me I'd flog it.  I mean if it was for something i was REALLY into seeing.  The way i would look at it (and have looked at it in an identical situation with a Fender Strat' which i bought during some fit of insanity whereupon I'd convinced myself that i actually cared enough about playing guitar to warrant buying a substantially priced piece) is, look, am i about to become Jimi Hendrix here?  No i'm not, flog it, make the gig, have a blinder in Vegas you'll remember for the rest of your life and if you need a guitar you can always get a fuckin' cheapo when you get back, if you're the dogs bollocks with it then it don't matter how expensive your guitar is and if you're not well then it's not great loss to humanity either way eh?

Flog the fuckin' guitar mate...i mean thats if you want it enough which you've just said you don't so why the fuck am i even making this post?  Oh well, the fact that the content is mindless drivel has never stopped me posting before!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

See there you go, Gibson guitar, if that was me I'd flog it.  I mean if it was for something i was REALLY into seeing.  The way i would look at it (and have looked at it in an identical situation with a Fender Strat' which i bought during some fit of insanity whereupon I'd convinced myself that i actually cared enough about playing guitar to warrant buying a substantially priced piece) is, look, am i about to become Jimi Hendrix here?  No i'm not, flog it, make the gig, have a blinder in Vegas you'll remember for the rest of your life and if you need a guitar you can always get a fuckin' cheapo when you get back, if you're the dogs bollocks with it then it don't matter how expensive your guitar is and if you're not well then it's not great loss to humanity either way eh?

Flog the fuckin' guitar mate...i mean thats if you want it enough which you've just said you don't so why the fuck am i even making this post?  Oh well, the fact that the content is mindless drivel has never stopped me posting before!

lol Love your stream-of-consciousness horseshit Len. :lol:

Nah, I fuckin' wanted that Gibson for years before I finally got it. I never make big purchases for myself, but that's my baby and I'm destined for rock superstardom any day now....

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

lol Love your stream-of-consciousness horseshit Len. :lol:

Nah, I fuckin' wanted that Gibson for years before I finally got it. I never make big purchases for myself, but that's my baby and I'm destined for rock superstardom any day now....

Rock superstardom in 2016 means playing in a tribute band at the fuckin' Watford Colosseum for £70 and a blowjob off a 40 yr old Acid House slag whoose roots are showing and whoose mobile phone text alert goes off and ruins your climax...one of her 8 mongoloid kids messaging to tell her their crackhead Dads set fire to the curtains.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Rock superstardom in 2016 means playing in a tribute band at the fuckin' Watford Colosseum for £70 and a blowjob off a 40 yr old Acid House slag whoose roots are showing and whoose mobile phone text alert goes off and ruins your climax...one of her 8 mongoloid kids messaging to tell her their crackhead Dads set fire to the curtains.

You paint quite the picture. Like you wouldn't go for it with the 8-kidded slag, we all know how low you the set the bar.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just think, Michael Jackson scheduled fifty nights in London town - yanks would have to travel to us! Pity Michael ended up dying before it started!!

And I had row two seats for the second night. It was so inconsiderate of him to die like that.

• Like 4