Any other non-US fans feeling a bit left out?

On 13.3.2016 at 7:57 PM, Towelie said:

Screw that, I'm downright bitter about it. I know GNR are a US act and all, but I guess us Brits are used to getting a lot of good shit and I'm sat here reading about your roadtrips to Vegas to see Axl and Slash and I can't help but wish it was London instead. Hate you guys so much right now.

94e6eee31e1392d9f6b5904e1310cd71.jpg

No. I will be right there when it happens. ;-)

On 13.3.2016 at 10:04 PM, Towelie said:

You're forgetting about the grand for the flights.

I'm a care worker for disabled people. We earn shit money, and I'm shit at money management too. I spend like I post on here, a lot, frivolously and without much thought.

Get a flight with RyanAir to Dublin and fly fom there. LV flights are cheap dirt... about 350 €, if you're lucky.

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Get a flight with RyanAir to Dublin and fly fom there. LV flights are cheap dirt... about 350 €, if you're lucky.

That's exactly what I did. Our return flights from Dublin were €10 each. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

I am going to have a Vegas party at my house on the weekend of the GN'R shows. I am going to get my wife dressed up as a cheap hooker, my son as a croupier and the cat can be a waitress. All of this will be topped off with poorly recorded youtube clips of GN'R playing on the TV. It will be just as good as being there. Anyone in the Nottingham can come down, but you need to bring your own wife/hooker as I am not sharing. 

you should also get an alcoholic fat guy as Tony Cifton/Elvis who sounds like Mickey Mouse  on this video for the full experience

10 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

That's so unfair... I'm flying from Switzerland and I'm paying 1100 €. Sucks how different the flight prices are.

Sorry, that's from Dublin back to the UK after our flight back from the US. Our flights to Vegas were £320 each which is about €450 ish. 

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Sorry, that's from Dublin back to the UK after our flight back from the US. Our flights to Vegas were £320 each which is about €450 ish. 

Yes. Yes. I unterstood. I wouldn't think that anyone would fly to Vegas for 10 €. ;-) But those 450, wich actually is more like 410, is still mightily unfair. The cheapest I could have gotten was for 800, with crappy times.

On 13/3/2016 at 3:57 PM, Towelie said:

Screw that, I'm downright bitter about it. I know GNR are a US act and all, but I guess us Brits are used to getting a lot of good shit and I'm sat here reading about your roadtrips to Vegas to see Axl and Slash and I can't help but wish it was London instead. Hate you guys so much right now.

Not feeling left out yet because I still have hopes they will do a world tour and include many other countries. I understand they want to play the USA first because it is their homeland and there's nothing you can do against it. Besides, GN'R has been a bit stranged from their own homeland in the last years, like they were denied glory only because Axl wouldn't reunite the old lineup so I guess this is their time for revenge.

What I'm really pissed off at is my financial situation that doesn't allow me buy a ticket to Vegas, and more specifically, the expenses of plane tickets, hotel accomodations and all of that horrible shit. I was very jealous of the people who could afford it, until february. Now I have convinced myself that I'm not going and I will have to watch it via YouTube.

So that's what hurts the most. Not having money. :cry:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Yes. I unterstood. I wouldn't think that anyone would fly to Vegas for 10 €. ;-) But those 450, wich actually is more like 410, is still mightily unfair. The cheapest I could have gotten was for 800, with crappy times.

Ireland is the place to be guys.

1 minute ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Just checked the T-Mobile website & says doors open 8pm, Show starts 9.30pm, guessing this would be Alice. Gunners maybe on by 11.30pm?? That makes it around 2-3pm here on the Saturday. Bring on live stream please!

I'll be there, but I really hope they live stream it for all you that can't be there.  Or go old school- MTV should broadcast it live!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Original said:

I'll be there, but I really hope they live stream it for all you that can't be there.  Or go old school- MTV should broadcast it live!

Yes or any pay per view. Would pay like Main Event. MTV plays nothing but 'my milkshake' these days

1 hour ago, Original said:

Yes or any pay per view. Would pay like Main Event. MTV plays nothing but 'my milkshake' these days

On 13/03/2016 at 8:22 PM, Dazey said:

I live in the UK. I bought a plane ticket. :lol:

You don't know how much I agonised over this. Whack £2k for a flight and hotel on my credit card and be paying it off for the rest of my days, or hold out in the hope they come to London town. I chose the latter. Regretting it :thumbsdown:

3 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

The hype is not the same across the water because Guns and their hype train has not come here yet. All in good time.

I have enough hype in me to count for the entire UK ;)

I would also happily sell body parts for a live stream - if anyone hears anything of the kind advertised please holler....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

You don't know how much I agonised over this. Whack £2k for a flight and hotel on my credit card and be paying it off for the rest of my days, or hold out in the hope they come to London town. I chose the latter. Regretting it :thumbsdown:

£2k? My flight was £320 return and you can get 5 nights in a Vegas hotel for about £200. 

4 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

Flights from London? Please tell me where you found this!!!! X

Actually from Dublin but you can get a Ryanair flight from London for about a tenner. 

This was taken about 30 seconds ago. Check out the second flight from the top.

image.jpeg

Edited by Dazey