Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

1 minute ago, cooker said:

I'm not even concerned  about the Vocals here, he's just not into it. At all. 

He was also pretty sick for Bridge School, hence the extremely poor vocals. I don't know about you, but I sure as shit aren't into doing my job when I'm sick.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

That was never rumored....the rumor was Axl was just doing the last 10 US shows.  

Now, rumors are rumors so who knows what to believe....but him playing with AC/DC in front of a hostile crowd (AC/DC fans don't like him much to begin with), a few weeks prior to the biggest reunion tour in decades...makes absolutely no sense.  Axl could be perfect in those shows and I can still see AC/DC fans complain about it.  Why would he risk negative publicity when he needs to sell out 21 stadiums a week or two later?  From a business perspective, it's potentially suicidal.

I can believe him playing in October to be possible but him playing with them before the GN'R tour makes no sense.b

I'm just presenting all the possibilities :)

i have no idea what's up!

• Like 1

Just now, Powerage5 said:

He was also pretty sick for Bridge School, hence the extremely poor vocals. I don't know about you, but I sure as shit aren't into doing my job when I'm sick.

Which I said, vocal wise I have no issue here. I'm just saying he has phoned in a few performances in the last couple of years. 

2 minutes ago, slash97 said:

All I know is that we better get some clarity for this Thing soon or the rumors are going to get completely out of hand (they're already getting there).

On these boards sure....but we aren't the center of the universe 

55 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I generally believe TMZ to be reliable, but there is no guarantee those photos are even from the same day, let alone what time lapse there may be between when they were taken.

i find it interesting the photos were allegedly taken on Friday.  Yet, TMZ just now posts their short 3 graph story with no other facts or sourcing.   Kinda makes you wonder.....

these pics weren't taken by tmz.

somebody from atlanta took them and sold them to tmz, that's why it took several days to see them emerge.

Edited by supercool

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I enjoy the lockdown going on over on ACDC's fan page. It must be a complete breakdown on their end. They can handle a lot but allowing Axl to front their band is unimaginable haha 

Someone need to screenshot the threads... I'm curious....

6 minutes ago, supercool said:

these pics weren't taken by tmz.

somebody took them and sold them to tmz, that's why they took several days to emerge.

Very good point that I think got overlooked. That explains the timing better. It's possible that these were from Axl's little Atlanta trip then. Perhaps not a rehearsal then, but a meeting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Very good point that I think got overlooked. That explains the timing better. It's possible that these were from Axl's little Atlanta trip then. Perhaps not a rehearsal then, but a meeting.

TMZ article states pix were taken Friday, fan posted pic was posted to Twitter several days previously...long meeting

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

TMZ article states pix were taken Friday, fan posted pic was posted to Twitter several days previously...long meeting

Meeting(s). Better? ;) The thing is, I'm with KK on this that rehearsing with them now seems a tad strange when he's apparently at rehearsals with Guns. I really hope one of the camps confirms/denies the rumours soon. To think this whole thing started from that random fan snapping his picture with Axl.

4 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

i think MSL was breaking the news and i hate to say this but he was right, it was a rehearsal

MSL has some inside Infos...yup. He was the 1st who started the rumor.

Edited by maxpax

1 hour ago, DIST said:

This means the AC/DC boys must be liking what they are hearing....I trust Angus...Axl must be fuckin back!!!!

Nope. It means Angus must be liking what he is hearing. Don't kid yourself, the rest of the band has little to no say in this.

Although I tend to side with just the movie rumor, I do think there could be truth to both.  Like others have said, Axl is a huge fan of AC/DC so for him, to have an opportunity to play with them, would be an easy decision.

It could have gone something like this....Axl is flown in to audition for replacing Brian Johnson in the film.....while auditioning, Angus/AC/DC asks him if he would be willing to help them out on their last shows....Axl agrees. (The October dates would make sense here....but not the dates prior to the to the Gn'R tour)  Axl agrees to do the film as well.....flies back to Atlanta to record the film soundtrack/music.....and that's the pics we see. 

That I can see happening.  What I can't see happening is Axl touring with them prior to the reunion tour.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Although I tend to side with just the movie rumor, I do think there could be truth to both.  Like others have said, Axl is a huge fan of AC/DC so for him, to have an opportunity to play with them, would be an easy decision.

It could have gone something like this....Axl is flown in to audition for replacing Brian Johnson in the film.....while auditioning, Angus/AC/DC asks him if he would be willing to help them out on their last shows....Axl agrees. (The October dates would make sense here....but not the dates prior to the to the Gn'R tour)  Axl agrees to do the film as well.....flies back to Atlanta to record the film soundtrack/music.....and that's the pics we see. 

That I can see happening.  What I can't see happening is Axl touring with them prior to the reunion tour.

You sir could be on to something...

• Like 2