Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

8 minutes ago, alfierose said:

This is bizarre, the eve of a two decade awaited GNR reunion and the biggest discussion point is him joining ACDC. It's so very Axl. :lol:

I said pretty much the same thing a few days ago...lol....unbelievable.

• Like 1

From the looks of it, Axl will be doing the first GnR shows, hitting AC/DC next and then starting the full Guns tour in July. I know I'm not alone in worrying about his voice..... Imagine if its shot but the time of the July tour?? I'm hoping he's been practicing for the last year and feels confident he can pull this off. I also think moving forward all shows will be starting ON TIME.

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

I figured TMZ had their own legitimate sources,not that bullshit satire that was making the rounds. If this were to happen ,I'm sure it would be co-headlining but since it probably won't, oh well! But if these AXL/DC shows happen where Axl is singing for AC/DC,I'm there! It seems like a bunch of their hardcore fan base don't like the idea so I'll gladly buy their returned tickets.

Same - I had an impossible time getting tickets to even a single gig on this leg of the tour. But at least if Axl comes onboard I won't have any problem scooping up tickets to more gigs! :awesomeface:

For the record too - AC/DC's European tour is currently scheduled for May 7 through June 12. That could completely coincide with what the reports about GN'R's North American tour are. Axl could feasibly do the first 6 shows, then join AC/DC, then hop back to GN'R for the tour, then make up AC/DC's US shows in the fall.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

From the looks of it, Axl will be doing the first GnR shows, hitting AC/DC next and then starting the full Guns tour in July. I know I'm not alone in worrying about his voice..... Imagine if its shot but the time of the July tour?? I'm hoping he's been practicing for the last year and feels confident he can pull this off. I also think moving forward all shows will be starting ON TIME.

For what it's worth Axl did well over 40 shows in 2010 when his voice was pretty stellar. They're at 31 + 10 possible ACDC shows at the moment. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Bizarre indeed. I am completely stumped by this. But apart from the pictures, which only suggests he have med with AC/DC, we have no real evidence that he will join them.

But youngs son confirmed it a few days ago...so...this picture + youngs Post = Axl is in.

• Like 1

Don't forget the James Gunn/Guardians of the Galaxy rumor that surfaced when Axl was first spotted in Atlanta.  A source stated that Axl met with James Gunn while in Atlanta.

Apparently AC/DC was supposed to be in the movie...with Brian Johnson out, it's very possible all Axl is doing is taking over for Brian in the film....which would explain why he is in the studio (recording his part of the soundtrack) 

So there was a spoof article joking about Axl joining AC/DC prior to the TMZ announcement? What's the odds of a satire mag (or whatever it was) happening to make up a story that ends up being true a few days later. Unless they actually knew about it, which sort of doesn't make it satire anymore, I find it extremely implausible. Could it be that TMZ is making a mistake here? Still need to explain the photos, though.

14 minutes ago, alfierose said:

This is bizarre, the eve of a two decade awaited GNR reunion and the biggest discussion point is him joining ACDC. It's so very Axl. :lol:

It's the GNR norm.....all the attention for Axl :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, DIST said:

It's the GNR norm.....all the attention for Axl :lol:

Of course the whole thing could just be opportunistic, ACDC were in a tight spot so Axl, a life long fan, steps in to save the day. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it, on one hand it's sort of cool on the other it almost feels like a reunited GNR isn't floating the boat enough but I suppose if Slash is returning to SMKC to record then why not fit something else in.

I suppose this is just how Axl has always rolled - all or nothing!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Actually, that pic is of Stevie and not Angus. TMZ made an error.

Well shit, I didn't even notice. The whole damn family looks the same. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Someone on ACDCFans did some digging and that studio only has one room. If Axl was there, it means he was rehearsing with AC/DC.

Speaking of ACDCFans, the amount of butthurt over there is hilarious. One person said they were ready to disown Stevie, Slade, and Cliff if they didn't walk out on Angus over this, because it means they're clearly spineless and only in it for the money. Another said Axl looks so fat that by right he should keel over and die a half hour into a show - guess they don't know GN'R do 3+ hour shows ;)

I so wish I could read all that but alas they're on the members only thing at the moment. I think I did sign up there once upon a time but generally I just read and lurk. You answered my next question though - anyone do any digging. Good to know! Fuck, this is actually happening.

Contrary to what most think, I think this is great news. It means Axl probably has his voice in tip top shape. He simply can't phone it in. Pressure is on but if he pulls off both bands this year he will be back on top.

• Like 1

Just now, alfierose said:

Of course the whole thing could just be opportunistic, ACDC were in a tight spot so Axl, a life long fan, steps in to save the day. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it, on one hand it's sort of cool on the other it almost feels like a reunited GNR isn't floating the boat enough but I suppose if Slash is returning to SMKC to record then why not fit something else in.

I suppose this is just how Axl has always rolled - all or nothing!

Also i think the Guardians of the galaxy rumor could be true. Seems like Axl is back to kick ass again, going all fronts now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Don't forget the James Gunn/Guardians of the Galaxy rumor that surfaced when Axl was first spotted in Atlanta.  A source stated that Axl met with James Gunn while in Atlanta.

Apparently AC/DC was supposed to be in the movie...with Brian Johnson out, it's very possible all Axl is doing is taking over for Brian in the film....which would explain why he is in the studio (recording his part of the soundtrack) 

if it was just to record his vocals, would the presence of ac/dc be necessary ?

The more Axl sings the better his voice will get. For the rasp fans I believe you will be thrilled considering ACDC does a heavy amount of it meaning Axl is practicing and getting his vocals right. 

This is is all good news, Axl can do long sets and the more he's out there the better. What do some of you want from him? To save his voice for the UYI tour anniversary reunion when he's 58 years old? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, supercool said:

I generally believe TMZ to be reliable, but there is no guarantee those photos are even from the same day, let alone what time lapse there may be between when they were taken.

i find it interesting the photos were allegedly taken on Friday.  Yet, TMZ just now posts their short 3 graph story with no other facts or sourcing.   Kinda makes you wonder.....

Edited by tsinindy

2 minutes ago, supercool said:

From my understanding, the scene in the movie is of a live performance...so having them record it together, with background noise, etc would make sense.

And another thing that points to the movie rumor is the fact that they would be in a recording studio to record something...not to practice for a live show....