Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

5 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Citi card presale tomorrow at 10am local time.

Do you think that will be bigger than the Night Train presale?  I'm disappointed the shut down the seat map early on because of "high demand" only to find I could have got better seats later in the day had I waited.

I have a Citi card and need six more tickets but I'm trying to decide to go all in at 10:00 or wait it out for the seat map to come up (assuming it gets shut down early).

33 minutes ago, AtGame7 said:

Do you think that will be bigger than the Night Train presale?  I'm disappointed the shut down the seat map early on because of "high demand" only to find I could have got better seats later in the day had I waited.

I have a Citi card and need six more tickets but I'm trying to decide to go all in at 10:00 or wait it out for the seat map to come up (assuming it gets shut down early).

Hard to say. I'm just trying to get GA for MetLife since I got my other tickets yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Hard to say. I'm just trying to get GA for MetLife since I got my other tickets yesterday.

Don't for get, Citi presale allows you more than just two tickets.  Citi is 8, but Ticketmaster limits you to 8 TOTAL across all presales so in my case I can get 6 tomorrow.  I'll probably get 4 first thing and then try later for two more.

I've been debating all day what to do about the pre-sale, it's upsetting that some people are reporting they paid the $45 fee for the Nightrain pre-sale & then there weren't any tickets available.  I do have a Citi Mastercard so I think I might just try my luck tomorrow morning.  Does anyone know if I have to do anything special to be able to purchase tickets for the Citi cardmember pre-sale?  I'll be at work when they go on sale tomorrow so I'll have to do it on my phone.

9 minutes ago, Chewy2 said:

I've been debating all day what to do about the pre-sale, it's upsetting that some people are reporting they paid the $45 fee for the Nightrain pre-sale & then there weren't any tickets available.  I do have a Citi Mastercard so I think I might just try my luck tomorrow morning.  Does anyone know if I have to do anything special to be able to purchase tickets for the Citi cardmember pre-sale?  I'll be at work when they go on sale tomorrow so I'll have to do it on my phone.

Nothing special really, just if it asks you for a code it will be the first six digits of your card.

2 minutes ago, AtGame7 said:

Nothing special really, just if it asks you for a code it will be the first six digits of your card.

Thank you!  That's exactly what I needed to know.  Here's hoping there are some decent seats left tomorrow morning.

Just now, Chewy2 said:

Thank you!  That's exactly what I needed to know.  Here's hoping there are some decent seats left tomorrow morning.

There will be.  Maybe not GA, but I'm sure some good seats were saved for that presale.  Even if not, I think I heard there are roughly 30,000 fan club members that could have got tickets yesterday so 60,000 tickets max sold yesterday for all 20 dates which is 3,000 per show.  Given these are 55,000+ venues I have to think there are some good seats left.

The band has to be on the top of their game and start doing high-profile gigs like SNL in order to sell out stadiums

They're not big like Zeppelin where the name alone can move the tickets

Axl's damaged the brand to the point where I doubt there's much mainstream interest past the first few shows. I'm already kind of over it.

If Axl fucks up on the Coachella live stream it's all over

Edited by TheSeeker

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

The band has to be on the top of their game and start doing high-profile gigs like SNL in order to sell out stadiums

Axl's damaged the brand to the point where I doubt there's much mainstream interest past the first few shows. I'm already kind of over it.

I doubt it about the name. Axl's "damaging" means nothing even if its true. If you hear that Slash's back, people will go. Its hard to say whether it'll sell out stadiums, but it is still big. Selling it as less than Zeppelin I think is a bit of an exaggeration. It is one of the more recognizable names in rock. I really think it shouldn't be THAT hard to sell out ONE stadium show in almost ALL major cities for a Slash/Axl reunion of Guns N Roses. That is a big deal, but I agree that any fuck up could end the whole thing.

• Like 2

Nah, I don't think they have to worry about doing SNL of Late Night shows. The name alone is enough to bring people down. After Friday, all my friends in San Diego started to freak out and asking me questions. If they want these to be instasellouts they do need to market Slash in the promo. Hardly anyone gave a rats ass two weeks ago when they showed the Patience teaser at my local AMC movie theater.

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

LiveNation/TicketMaster cldarly degree...thanks for your opinion, but I don't think you understand how these things actually work.  

GnR won't stream Coachella....guarantee it.

On 4/2/2016 at 6:40 PM, k12 said:

don't worry about Chicago, there is a very good chance they are going to add a Saturday show if the Friday is sold out, than the tickets are going to be easy to come by

Sunday is the date for a 2nd show (if it happens) according to someone I know that works there.

12 minutes ago, davhern said:

Going to be trying to buy tickets to the Chicago show in the Citi pre-sale tomorrow morning. 

Anybody know if there's a ticket limit?  We've got a group of 5 hoping to go.

8 Tickets is the limit on the Citi presale.  However, that 8 is also the limit for all presales combined.  So if you bought 2 yesterday then you can get 6 more tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Satapher_Groddius said:

For tomorrow's Citi presale is there any special code? Also, will my CC be accepted? I don't have a Citi CC. Thanks!

Code will be the first 6 digits of your card.  

Just now, AtGame7 said:

8 Tickets is the limit on the Citi presale.  However, that 8 is also the limit for all presales combined.  So if you bought 2 yesterday then you can get 6 more tomorrow.

Thank you!

If anyone is even considering using the secondary market for any of these shows right now, please wait til after the public onsale is complete... As a Springsteen and Pearl Jam fan in the Philly area, I have seen many shows that are almost impossible to get tickets for in arenas and small theaters that have sold out literally in seconds... I know it's easier to just buy on Stubhub to make sure you have tix, but you can do that all the way up to the show date.  We're talking stadiums right now where 75-80% of the tickets havent even gone on sale yet... Further, even if you still somehow get shut out, bands always hold back some of the better seats at every show for family/friends/record company/management, and whatever is not used is "dropped" within the last few days (sometimes hours) before the show.  In February, I saw Springsteen in Philly (which was considered a virtually impossible ticket, with resale prices in the $500-600's for anything other than the worst seats at one point)... I actually went to Albany and saw him there because I didn't think that I would have a shot at tix in Philly, but while we were traveling to Albany, I got a tip that a drop was happening and scored great seats for the show in Philly, which was 3 days later... I saw two Billy Joel shows in his family section (like 2 rows off the stage) when I waited until the last day for what were both supposedly sold out shows, and also bought tix for a Springsteen show at the Garden at 1 PM on the day of the show a few years back... ended up sitting in same row as Bruce's mother... like 3 seats down... could almost touch the stage... Don't panic... there are tons of seats in a stadium... the prices on Stubhub aren't going to get higher... They are preying on your anxiety.  

Edited by TheDave0206
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheDave0206 said:

If anyone is even considering using the secondary market for any of these shows right now, please wait til after the public onsale is complete... As a Springsteen and Pearl Jam fan in the Philly area, I have seen many shows that are almost impossible to get tickets for in arenas and small theaters that have sold out literally in seconds... I know it's easier to just buy on Stubhub to make sure you have tix, but you can do that all the way up to the show date.  We're talking stadiums right now where 75-80% of the tickets havent even gone on sale yet... Further, even if you still somehow get shut out, bands always hold back some of the better seats at every show for family/friends/record company/management, and whatever is not used is "dropped" within the last few days (sometimes hours) before the show.  In February, I saw Springsteen in Philly (which was considered a virtually impossible ticket, with resale prices in the $500-600's for anything other than the worst seats at one point)... I actually went to Albany and saw him there because I didn't think that I would have a shot at tix in Philly, but while we were traveling to Albany, I got a tip that a drop was happening and scored great seats for the show in Philly, which was 3 days later... I saw two Billy Joel shows in his family section (like 2 rows off the stage) when I waited until the last day for what were both supposedly sold out shows, and also bought tix for a Springsteen show at the Garden at 1 PM on the day of the show a few years back... ended up sitting in same row as Bruce's mother... like 3 seats down... could almost touch the stage... Don't panic... there are tons of seats in a stadium... the prices on Stubhub aren't going to get higher... They are praying on your anxiety.  

I agree. Honestly, its why I might just wait till day of show and see what I find in the parking lot. I know its Guns, but are you really saying I might not find a shitty stadium seat for $25? I'd rather that than pay $150 to be across the football field. But thats just me. After paying good money for Vegas, I figured I don't really need good expensive seats after that.

Just now, gunsfanoldie said:

I agree. Honestly, its why I might just wait till day of show and see what I find in the parking lot. I know its Guns, but are you really saying I might not find a shitty stadium seat for $25? I'd rather that than pay $150 to be across the football field. But thats just me. After paying good money for Vegas, I figured I don't really need good expensive seats after that.

Completely spot-on here... Not to keep going to the Springsteen well, but as big as he is in Philly and NY, I've seen people sell decent seats at almost every stadium show of his that I've been to (8 to be exact) for far less than what they paid, as low as $20 for $100+ tix... People buy tickets to sell them, and then the reality that the tix they bought are extremely expensive combined with the sheer number of tix available drive the prices straight down....  Even for the current Springsteen tour, tickets were roughly $175 after fees face, which is a ton more than normal for him... Many of the East Coast shows sold out almost immediately, and the prices became ridiculous (the average selling price in NYC for awhile was over $600, and that was for the majority of tix sold on the site for the shows there), yet in the last few days, tickets could have been had for slightly over face, and that's in the best arena in the world, let alone a humongous stadium with terrible sight lines from most of the seats...

34 minutes ago, TheDave0206 said:

Completely spot-on here... Not to keep going to the Springsteen well, but as big as he is in Philly and NY, I've seen people sell decent seats at almost every stadium show of his that I've been to (8 to be exact) for far less than what they paid, as low as $20 for $100+ tix... People buy tickets to sell them, and then the reality that the tix they bought are extremely expensive combined with the sheer number of tix available drive the prices straight down....  Even for the current Springsteen tour, tickets were roughly $175 after fees face, which is a ton more than normal for him... Many of the East Coast shows sold out almost immediately, and the prices became ridiculous (the average selling price in NYC for awhile was over $600, and that was for the majority of tix sold on the site for the shows there), yet in the last few days, tickets could have been had for slightly over face, and that's in the best arena in the world, let alone a humongous stadium with terrible sight lines from most of the seats...

No need to convince me. I'm a massive Springsteen fan lol, so I know exactly what you're talking about. Just didn't think Guns fans cared to continue the Springsteen comparison. I got tickets to his sold out NJ show (the ONLY show he did in Jersey) the morning before the concert from a drop on ticketmaster, so it can be done.

I do think its a little different. At least Guns hasn't been around in 20 years, while Springsteen will play a stadium for 3 nights every few years or so. So it makes sense those tickets are easier. But just the general idea that usually stadium tickets can be gotten for cheap if you wait. I'm not sure if that will definitely be the case here, but I guess it might be, and I'd be willing to take the shot more than splurging on a $150 ticket. Exactly the reason I DIDN'T buy tickets at the onsale was in case I didn't want to go I wasn't positive I'd be able to get face for it. You probably could here, but you never know.