Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

I couldn't agree more. I remember reading Ticketmaster reviews for the 2010 Hamilton show and people bitching that Axl was "three hours late" when he wasn't. I can't remember if the tickets said 7:30 or 8:00 but I know Danko Jones came on exactly at that time, then Bach did, and Bach finished at like 9:55 so the 10:25 start was certainly on time relative to the openers. Later show than most concerts but not "late" getting on, if that makes sense. I hope people plan for this. Waiting for a half hour after the opener is much different than waiting three-four hours.

Yep. It goes back to that "me too!" thing where everyone feels they have to have an Axl story of their own. 

I saw them in Detroit in December of 2011 and they started at 10:10. Then I saw them a few months later in Detroit on the UCaP tour and there was a guy telling his friends about how GNR was like 3 hours late to the show a few months earlier. Total BS and he was just trying to share his fake "me too, Axl story". 

GNR was on by like 1030/11 at that UCaP show and kicked total ass all night. I'm sure he's telling a far different story about that show these days too. 

• Like 2

Is there a way to purchase tickets without being a Citibank customer? My friend and I used different credit cards and weren't able to purchase the ticket. The promo code that I  found worked, but it wouldn't allow to purchase.

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

Is there a way to purchase tickets without being a Citibank customer? My friend and I used different credit cards and weren't able to purchase the ticket. The promo code that I  found worked, but it wouldn't allow to purchase.

Not today as far as I'm aware. You'd need to use a CitiCard today or wait till Friday to use another card in the general on sale. 

I'm checking the Citibank presale and there are tons of good tickets for Metlife, section 1 (row 12, 19), section 5 (row 18, 19), section 140 (row 13), section 111 (row 15).  The only thing I'm not seeing is GA.

I got a second set just in case I rather sit one level higher instead of the floor.  I'm not sure if I'm lucky or people dont want to spend almost $700 for 2 tickets.

Hey guys, new to this board, but thought I'd share my experience and a couple of tips that may come in handy.  I got in on the Nightrain presale for the Phoenix show on Saturday.  After pulling and throwing back a couple of different floor seats that were too far back or to the sides for my liking, I ended up going with a ticket in section 130 for $150.  I figured it was a good seat, close to the stage and elevated off the floor.  For fun, I kept checking periodically for the next 20-30 minutes and, amazingly, grabbed a general admission pit ticket right after 10:30 local time.  Of course, I couldn't pass it up.

Although I figured I could sell my other ticket, I went ahead and called Ticketmaster about cancelling my reserved seat.  Apparently, with some exceptions ("theater shows" like House of Blues was mentioned), Ticketmaster has a no questions asked fan guarantee: you can usually cancel your seats for any reason for 72 hours after purchase.  Tickets may also be able to be cancelled after that time, depending on the venue, concert, etc.  Your mileage may vary - check with Ticketmaster.  But those of you pulling better seats in the Citi presale may want to explore this if you do not want to have to try to get rid of the tickets later. 

A couple of other tips: use the Ticketmaster mobile app.  It's better and quicker than the website.  Disable your wireless on your phone, especially if you have a fast LTE connection where you are at, and use your computer simultaneously.  This way, the phone won't get blocked if you are refreshing too often or throw back tickets too many times on the computer, and vice versa.  If you get the "no tickets available" message, it may simply be that Ticketmaster is blocking you for trying too many times.  If this happens force close the phone app (for iPhone, I double click the home button and swipe up on the Ticketmaster app screen) or try a different internet browser on your computer.      

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lenny3332 said:

Just got tickets to Foxboro section 106.  Hopefully there are some good pre concert parties.  Feels like Christmas morning. :)

Ha, that's where me and my dad are sitting. Row 3 seats 1 and 2. He bought me appetite when I was a kid (5 or so) and took me Boston 02 when I was a freshman in hs, so I'm pumped to be going with him!

8 minutes ago, Cletus said:

It's pretty clear from the availability showing on these shows that scalpers are not buying.

Not the professionals.  It's the amateur ones that are scooping up tickets, then posting them on SH with random prices.  It's a mess, but not necessarily bad for people looking for tickets. 

1 hour ago, Lowrlder54 said:

Had a weird but good experience with the Citi presale. Originally it said PIT was sold out for San Diego, so i got seats in section B. I then checked 10 minutes later and PIT was open, so i bought that too.

Similar experience for San Francisco, except that the first time I searched it said no tickets were available at all.  I put my search in again, and after about 10 minutes in the queue (during which time, I was ready to give up) it came back with pit tickets.  I'm happy.  Much better choices than Nightrain.  I guess I just bought an expensive t-shirt.

This was on the TM mobile app, BTW.  Thanks to those who suggested using it.

Edited by ironicninja

these shows are selling horribly in almost every market, I can't imagine this tour is taking off, playing stadiums and charging the insane prices that they are charging was a mistake, this should have been an arena tour and they should have charged about 1/2 of what they are charging, what a disaster this is going to be, and I am sure it is going to put a damper on the Vegas and the Coachella shows as the band is going to catch a wind of how bad the tour is selling and it is going to keep them in a bad mood

13 minutes ago, k12 said:

these shows are selling horribly in almost every market, I can't imagine this tour is taking off, playing stadiums and charging the insane prices that they are charging was a mistake, this should have been an arena tour and they should have charged about 1/2 of what they are charging, what a disaster this is going to be, and I am sure it is going to put a damper on the Vegas and the Coachella shows as the band is going to catch a wind of how bad the tour is selling and it is going to keep them in a bad mood

Yeah, I see it flopping.. People with the Rose colored glasses around here can get as offended as they want.. People may have payed these prices for the Appetite Line up.. But this line up.. The addition of Punky Brewster isn't going to sell tickets either. I had a lot of people interested so I bought 6 tickets this morning. I had like 8 people that were asking.. All but one didn't want anything to do with the tickets for those prices. Luckily I was just able to return 4 of them.

I think it is still early to talk about the sale since the general on sale hasn't even started.

I do think we all are buying double tickets in hopes of selling the 1st ones from the nighttrain presale though lol

Edited by Tourettes2400

20 minutes ago, k12 said:

Promo of the tour is not over,  q 104.3 is advertising the show , and there is no mention at all about presales, all the promo mentions april 8, lets wait till may 8th to see if the tour is flopping or not

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, I see it flopping.. People with the Rose colored glasses around here can get as offended as they want.. People may have payed these prices for the Appetite Line up.. But this line up.. The addition of Punky Brewster isn't going to sell tickets either. I had a lot of people interested so I bought 6 tickets this morning. I had like 8 people that were asking.. All but one didn't want anything to do with the tickets for those prices. Luckily I was just able to return 4 of them.

people wouldn't even pay these prices with the Appetite Lineup, only the real "diehards" those on this forum would pay the top dollar for the appetite lineup, for the majority of the public, having Axl and Slash on stage is a "real" reunion, but what the GNR management is charging is beyond obscene

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GunnerOne 84 said:

I think it's premature to suggest the show isn't going to succeed when tickets haven't even gone on sale to the general public yet. 

I am in the ticket industry, and I can assure you get a real feel for how a sale is going in the pre-sales, for the Vegas shows they were basically sold out after the nightrain and the citi-presales, and the on-sale there was almost nothing available

looking at some of these interactive charts you can tell they are holding back alot of tickets, and the tickets that are available are basically untouched

1 minute ago, k12 said:

I am in the ticket industry, and I can assure you get a real feel for how a sale is going in the pre-sales, for the Vegas shows they were basically sold out after the nightrain and the citi-presales, and the on-sale there was almost nothing available

looking at some of these interactive charts you can tell they are holding back alot of tickets, and the tickets that are available are basically untouched

Good, maybe I can still switch out of my nightrain seats once the general sale starts. 

12 minutes ago, k12 said:

people wouldn't even pay these prices with the Appetite Lineup, only the real "diehards" those on this forum would pay the top dollar for the appetite lineup, for the majority of the public, having Axl and Slash on stage is a "real" reunion, but what the GNR management is charging is beyond obscene

People were calling me crazy when I told them prices that I paid. I am a die hard fan but most people don't care about this tour. Some of the ones who do are scared by the prices. I still think it will sell though, just not as much as if they had the original lineup and cheaper prices. Oh well, doesn't  matter to me I am going to enjoy it 

Edited by Tourettes2400

9 minutes ago, k12 said:

A 20,000 venue versus these massive 50,000 bowls though? Accurate comparison?

26 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

Promo of the tour is not over,  q 104.3 is advertising the show , and there is no mention at all about presales, all the promo mentions april 8, lets wait till may 8th to see if the tour is flopping or not

there is enough buzz it should be selling better than it has

and most of the tickets are sold in the pre-sales and the on-sales, if it is looking like a flop on April 8th at 11AM, it is in all likely going to be a flop

1 minute ago, Blake Sabbath said:

A 20,000 venue versus these massive 50,000 bowls though? Accurate comparison?

those 20,000 tickets were gobbled up, these 50,000-60,000 seat bowls have sections of tickets that are untouched