Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

Just now, Kill Your Hero said:

anybody know which celebrities attended?

Jim Carrey, Nic Cage, Kate Hudson.

Emily Ratajkowski was in the audience too. 

Just now, Liquor & Whores said:

jim carey, lenny kravitz, nicholas cage, emily ratajkowski...

Yeah I forgot Lenny. 

Its weird Carmen Electra was not there, she is HUGE GNR fan. 

I don't understand why Adler cancelled his show at the Whiskey if he wasn't gonna be involved last night. 

Based on the few clips I've seen, it looks like it was a good time. Axl seemed to sound better than he has in awhile.

Bring on July 1st. I'm so ready for this. GnR and Sabbath within 2 months of each other.... gonna be a good summer.

Just now, maynard said:

Is there any review of the show, or at least (real) details about Axl and Slash interactions? Who played what in Better? I'm not lazy to do a search, thread is just too long...

Axl and Slash did hug.

Axl said Slash does not need no introductions

on CD and RQ Slash and Fortus shared the solos.

Slash did play the intro of Better and I guess the solo too.

Im not sure about the other songs, Some people are saying KOHD was played the old way. 

19 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

I think you're right, there did seem to be a few nerves - perfectly understandable, this whole thing is a big deal. But I would say, he's never played a show without his hat & shades in years, now, Not entirely sure why he feels the need to 'hide' behind all that these days, he never used to. And also a lot more static than he used to be. Last time I can remember seeing him without hat & shades & actively moving a great deal was the VR days. Would love to see him a little less guarded on this upcoming tour...

And do you know what's missing from his persona nowadays? Drink, drugs, cigs and youth? It happens I'm afraid (less animated at shows). He's a very shy guy, uses hat and shades to hide from crowd.. Didn't feel the need to hide when he was drunk and/or high?

Lol, just coz Slash wasn't smiling or giving Axl a pat on the back after every song, all of a sudden he's 'extremely nervous'

You guys read way too much into things. By all accounts, he played a complete blinder. As did all the band

Just now, Philipm787 said:

And do you know what's missing from his persona nowadays? Drink, drugs, cigs and youth? It happens I'm afraid (less animated at shows). He's a very shy guy, uses hat and shades to hide from crowd.. Didn't feel the need to hide when he was drunk and/or high?

That really doesn't matters, he is an excellent guitar player, his stage presence is just amazing. Even while being high and drunk he used to play in an amazing way. Robin, Ashba and Ron being in their full senses could never match what Slash does. 

4 minutes ago, tat2d1 said:

I don't understand why Adler cancelled his show at the Whiskey if he wasn't gonna be involved last night.

Well, assuming he knew what was going down, if you were Steven - would you want to be playing at The Whisky whilst your old bandmates were across the road with the hottest ticket in town? :-)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

That really doesn't matters, he is an excellent guitar player, his stage presence is just amazing. Even while being high and drunk he used to play in an amazing way. Robin, Ashba and Ron being in their full senses could never match what Slash does. 

I completely agree with you on the final part, but Slash has never been one to really interact with a crowd. They used to not really bother him when he was drinking and taking drugs but now he has said on several occasions he feels intimidated. Hence the hiding.

Slash has lots of stage presence! Even when I saw him in the fall he was literally full on dancing at center stage at one point, and later he did a bunch of twirls... always pacing the length of the stage.

He looked tense in these little clips! But it's a small stage. 

Edited by Ant

Great reviews!

I think we can officially say that : Richard Fortus is the Ronnie Wood of Guns N' Roses.

Everybody was blown away by his performance last night...

The Slash/Fortus combo is spectacular : it sounds right. 

Edited by Caraibes

Just now, Caraibes said:

Great reviews!

I think we can officially say that : Richard Fortus is the Ronnie Wood of Guns N' Roses.

Everybody was blown away by his performance last night.

Ahhhhhhh the lonely Izzy...... ignored by the fans now..... :awesomeface:

1 minute ago, Caraibes said:

Great reviews!

Everybody was blown away by his performance last night...

he may the 'Ronnie Wood' of GNR..whatever that means, but he does not bring what Izzy Stradlin brought to the band.