Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was just going to comment on that.. I thought he left the costume changes in the past... So cheesy...

Is part of Axl's persona. I welcome it, it was awesome back then, its awesome now!

Probably has been posted, LA Weekly reporting that Steven Adler is having back surgery?

When Steven Adler's current band Adler cancelled an April 1 show the Whisky, GNR fans saw this as a sign that Steven was joining GNR. But that's not the case. A source close to the band told me that Adler is having back surgery, which is the real reason he pulled out of the Whisky show. I've also been told he's not ready to tour with GNR, not yet, and maybe not ever. 

http://www.laweekly.com/music/heres-what-it-felt-like-seeing-guns-n-roses-at-the-troubadour-6784478

1 minute ago, gnr5 said:

Probably has been posted, LA Weekly reporting that Steven Adler is having back surgery?

When Steven Adler's current band Adler cancelled an April 1 show the Whisky, GNR fans saw this as a sign that Steven was joining GNR. But that's not the case. A source close to the band told me that Adler is having back surgery, which is the real reason he pulled out of the Whisky show. I've also been told he's not ready to tour with GNR, not yet, and maybe not ever. 

http://www.laweekly.com/music/heres-what-it-felt-like-seeing-guns-n-roses-at-the-troubadour-6784478

Only a 1000 times. 

1 minute ago, gnr5 said:

I don't think so this is true, this last month he was doing very good, He could have posted on FB or twitter if he was having some sort of surgery. 

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

I don't think so this is true, this last month he was doing very good, He could have posted on FB or twitter if he was having some sort of surgery. 

Agreed. I thought it was an April fools hoax. Hopefully we can get an update there.. I was counting on him being on stage but hey, if he's not in Vegas next week call someone!

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Agreed. I thought it was an April fools hoax. Hopefully we can get an update there.. I was counting on him being on stage but hey, if he's not in Vegas next week call someone!

I am actually worried about him after this show. I was like 100% sure he would be there. I just hope he is ok. I met him a few years ago and he was really cool, his band is also really good. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

It was an all rocker set with not much time for breathing breaks, so maybe it did put a lot of pressure on Axl at the end. 

This.  Plus they're in a small club, crammed with 600 people.  Must have been very stuffy and oxygen levels below standard.  That's not bad when you're 21 years old and in top shape...but that has to be tough on anyone at Axl's age and with his demading vocal style.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madison said:

Agreed.

Also, the line "He's not ready to tour with GNR, not yet, and maybe not ever" -  WTF? What does that mean?  Heck, Steven has been "READY" to reunite with GNR for about two decades. He talks about it every chance he gets - he lives and breathes for the day he can rejoin the band. He even went on youtube to show he can still drum to the original songs.  .. "Not ready?" Ridiculous. The guy was part of the original lineup that helped make GNR the biggest band on the planet. He deserves to be part of the reunion - he earned it.

I totally agree with you. He really deserves to be up there. He could not think past and beyond GNR, like if he had a genie, his wish would be for a GNR Reunion. 

2 minutes ago, Slashmatt98 said:

I hope that Steven at least gets one song because we just know how happy that would make the guy. He's been through a lot and he's sober now so he deserves at least one song with the guys!

one song? He deserves to play every single song and more...he can do it, he's an extremely talented drummer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

Can you guys go start your own Steven pity party thread? This thread is about the show last night. Quit ruining it for us who don't give a shit if he was there or not.

Stop listening to AFD if you don't give a shit. Try to be respectful man. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, madison said:

Agreed.

Also, the line "He's not ready to tour with GNR, not yet, and maybe not ever" -  WTF? What does that mean?  Heck, Steven has been "READY" to reunite with GNR for about two decades. He talks about it every chance he gets - he lives and breathes for the day he can rejoin the band. He even went on youtube to show he can still drum to the original songs.  .. "Not ready?" Ridiculous. The guy was part of the original lineup that helped make GNR the biggest band on the planet. He deserves to be part of the reunion - he earned it.

If he requires back surgery (lets say that is true for a moment) He is NOT ready and the tour goes on and may not be able to do anything this year.  Him being ready for so long has zero bearing on THIS tour.  If true that is, we don't know. I am still of the mind that during the height of super-stardom in the 1990's no one was complaining at sold out shows around the world.

Regardless nice to see old timers posting again shows this thing bring everyone together, which can only be a good thing

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Stop listening to AFD if you don't give a shit. Try to be respectful man. 

You be respectful, this thread has nothing to do with Steven. I am just fine with this lineup and would love to discuss it and the show. Not have a pity party for Steven. He wasn't there, get over it. There were reasons, and you don't know any of them and it's none of your business. Mods, please do your job and delete all these Steven posts out of this thread.