Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

2 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Surprised no one's mentioned the slight stumble on his words here, given how widely this clip's circulated. Comes off like 'youowhereyaare?'. Not slurred as such, just like he's stumbled on the words. It happens, not judging, just amused me a little :) Also, "You know where you are? You gonna die..." Doesn't seem to be any mention of where we are.... hehe :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulnar said:

Surprised no one's mentioned the slight stumble on his words here, given how widely this clip's circulated. Comes off like 'youowhereyaare?'. Not slurred as such, just like he's stumbled on the words. It happens, not judging, just amused me a little :) Also, "You know where you are? You gonna die..." Doesn't seem to be any mention of where we are.... hehe :)

it sounded like youknowwhererooare to me..whatever, it still sounds good. 

In terms of Writing, Fortus can never match what Izzy did.

Izzy left back in 1991, but till date that dude has got respect from the fans cause he is just amazing, sad he is not playing full time now.

Fortus is a good guitar player, no doubt, but there are better guitar players too, When it comes to Guns N' Roses. In terms of writing and rhythm you just can't beat Izzy. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

Well, assuming he knew what was going down, if you were Steven - would you want to be playing at The Whisky whilst your old bandmates were across the road with the hottest ticket in town? :-)

I'm I the only one who heard the rumour that steven is injured and that's why he didn't play as a special guest...

So it was probably bullshit... :max:

Just now, Slash787 said:

Izzy left back in 1991, but till date that dude has got respect from the fans cause he is just amazing, sad he is not playing full time now.

Fortus is a good guitar player, no doubt, but there are better guitar players too, When it comes to Guns N' Roses. In terms of writing and rhythm you just can't beat Izzy. 

In terms of guitar playing within a GNR context too. 

Just now, spliff said:

lana del rey was there too.. surprised no sebastian bach

Very surprising, He usually tends to go anywhere uninvited, so its weird he din't show up for this. 

Im sure he has contacts with the management and he has a direct contact with Duff too. 

2 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

it sounded like youknowwhererooare to me..whatever, it still sounds good. 

Oh yeah, I'm not bashing at all. Just made me smile & surprised no one else had referenced it yet.

2 minutes ago, sexualinnuendo said:

I'm I the only one who heard the rumour that steven is injured and that's why he didn't play as a special guest...

they should of got don henley 

3 minutes ago, sexualinnuendo said:

Anyone knows if there was an after party? With the celebs?

And did axl introduce the whole band or only slash? Because someone told he said something like "this man needs no introductions" to the audience about slash.

there was no after show party at the troubadour...slash and duff were outside the building (in their tour bus?) after the gig. 

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I've seen some shows where Slash is somewhat animated of late...but really from what I've seen, he did not seem to be significantly less animated and active last night than recently. 

One thing is he's not 23 years old and blitzed out of his mind.  Everyone is expecting UYI Slash and that ain't happening for a lot of reasons when it comes to activity level.

However, his body language did appear to me that he was "nervous" and I think that came off as him not being into it.  He just seemed a bit unsure of himself and his surroundings in a way.   Maybe Axl frekaed him out being in such a good mood and all, i dunno.

Fair points. I think the start time did him no favors either. Slash and Duff arrived around 6 PM and the show didn't start until after midnight. Long time to wait. Probably made him more and more nervous.

Plus they aren't 25 anymore. Axl is a night owl but for most 50+ year olds, a gig starting after midnight is tough. 

I was glad to see Axl in a very good mood and voice in good shape. That should be a great sign for the rest of the tour. 

8 minutes ago, sexualinnuendo said:

no I seen it too on blastecho or something don't know how reliable this site is tho

9 minutes ago, sexualinnuendo said:

A source close to the band told me that Adler is having back surgery, which is the real reason he pulled out of the Whisky show. I've also been told he's not ready to tour with GNR, not yet, and maybe not ever. 
http://www.laweekly.com/music/heres-what-it-felt-like-seeing-guns-n-roses-at-the-troubadour-6784478

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

Fair points. I think the start time did him no favors either. Slash and Duff arrived around 6 PM and the show didn't start until after midnight. Long time to wait. Probably made him more and more nervous.

Plus they aren't 25 anymore. Axl is a night owl but for most 50+ year olds, a gig starting after midnight is tough. 

I was glad to see Axl in a very good mood and voice in good shape. That should be a great sign for the rest of the tour. 

Good point, SMKC gigs usually run around 9-11pm ish I think. He was bound to be nervous, i'm sure they all were in their own way. Eases the Vegas pressure a little now too.

3 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

A source close to the band told me that Adler is having back surgery, which is the real reason he pulled out of the Whisky show. I've also been told he's not ready to tour with GNR, not yet, and maybe not ever. 
http://www.laweekly.com/music/heres-what-it-felt-like-seeing-guns-n-roses-at-the-troubadour-6784478

matt would be the perfect replacement....

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Fortus doesn't do shit for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

I wonder what happens