Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

1 minute ago, Critical Solution said:

Random question... New to the forum, has there ever been this much activity and excitement here before? 

Yes there has, for sure.

Nothing compares to the Chinese Democracy leaks.

Edited by GNRSkidRow1
  • Like 3

Random question... New to the forum, has there ever been this much activity and excitement here before? 

Probably when we first started getting leaks in the years before Chi Dem was released.

From the original IRS radio rip onwards.

• Like 1

I don't think so. But it could have been back in 2008 when Axl came here to chat. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Critical Solution said:

Yeah. But this is a different level of excitement. Feels surreal to be honest. 

I think slash was extremely nervous last night, and just concentrated on his playing, I bet he was relieved to get the first show back over with tbh, so he can get a feel for being back in gnr. But you can bet your ass he's over the moon to be back and excited to get out ontour?

1 minute ago, GNRSkidRow1 said:

That too. That and the leaks.

I am seriously thinking Axl read one of my posts on various sites because he looked and wore just like I have said I wanted him to! no Fu Manchu, no hat, no big bulky leather coat, no sunglasses ( well at first ). I am so glad! also he sounded GREAT, I am wondering how the *bleep* I am gonna make it til the 8th!:headbang:

I wouldn't forgive a 2nd warm up show in LA tonight.

The LA folks got what they wanted, and I guess in some ways deserved. A cheap historic show in an iconic place. They've witnessed something they'll never forget.

Now, they've got to keep at least some exclusivity for us, the fans who travel the world to see them in Vegas.

Edited by Nalbi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

I think slash was extremely nervous last night, and just concentrated on his playing, I bet he was relieved to get the first show back over with tbh, so he can get a feel for being back in gnr. But you can bet your ass he's over the moon to be back and excited to get out ontour?

I think you're right, there did seem to be a few nerves - perfectly understandable, this whole thing is a big deal. But I would say, he's never played a show without his hat & shades in years, now, Not entirely sure why he feels the need to 'hide' behind all that these days, he never used to. And also a lot more static than he used to be. Last time I can remember seeing him without hat & shades & actively moving a great deal was the VR days. Would love to see him a little less guarded on this upcoming tour...

Just now, Nalbi said:

The LA got what they wanted, and I guess in some ways deserved. A cheap historic show in an iconic place.

Now, they've got to keep at least some exclusivity for us, the fans who travel the world to see them in Vegas.

hahahahahaha

2 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

The LA folks got what they wanted, and I guess in some ways deserved. A cheap historic show in an iconic place. They've witnessed something they'll never forget.

Still better than We People in here who can only watch through the internet or chat in forum for entire tour this year

From the clips I saw, the band sounded great. Some of you, though, really need to stop complaining and looking too much into things. It was their FIRST show in 23 years. There's going to be nerves in the beginning for all of them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

I think you're right, there did seem to be a few nerves - perfectly understandable, this whole thing is a big deal. But I would say, he's never played a show without his hat & shades in years, now, Not entirely sure why he feels the need to 'hide' behind all that these days, he never used to. And also a lot more static than he used to be. Last time I can remember seeing him without hat & shades & actively moving a great deal was the VR days. Would love to see him a little less guarded on this upcoming tour...

He was still drinking in the VR days. I think he lost some of his 'false' confidence when he became sober...he has said many times that he's a shy person.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Exactly, he's probably more comfortable with Myles and the boys. It will take time.

True..... I'm excited for the tour actually! They have more time to fix Their relationship after years separated. Duff got more time back then to fix it with Axl , First reunion + the time when He had to replace Tommy.

N' now He has a lot more time to be with Axl again... So I think He's not really nervous like Slash. This is the first time for Slash. It will takes time, Thats why this tour is perfect for Them.

Now We will see if there's any Yoga session again with Duff~ Adding Slash!

tumblr_o44vwijpdi1rmd639o1_1280.jpg

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GNRSkidRow1 said:

That too. That and the leaks.

Well 2006 with the Trunk podcast (where Axl appeared) and then the NY shows with Izzy were pretty damn exciting times. To think about it, the forum was probably even more active back then seeing as social media was still a thing of the future. Ha, back then I was still using IRC daily :lol:

8 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

I think slash also wears though because it's how so many people who aren't true fans recognize him. It's like his brand so he sticks with it. But I get what you're saying. He's a shy person and is sober now plus it's the first time he was playing with axl in 23 years in front of a crowd. I'll assume he will get more comfortable as the tour goes on. Slash has also gotten much better at playing since 93 so I think we're in for an awesome experience with this band. 

Just spent the afternoon reading this, and watching you tube clips.

I'm a total original 5 advocate but this was awesome. Axl looked and sounded on great form. At least none of the clips made me cringe and running for cover. Yes Slash didn't look totally relaxed but seems understandable.

I'm now really excited for Vegas. If this was the warm up Looks like we have great things to come.