Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

5 minutes ago, spliff said:

I'm not buying that age makes him sound like mickey (on certain songs).. he sounded the same way in 01-02.. I truly believe it's a choice.. considering how he sounded in south america/rock gods and weeks later in vegas he improved drastically.. it's probably just safer/more energy efficient to sing the way he does and choose where to rasp it up instead of rasp on every lyric like he did in 2010 

as I said earlier, anger/rage also contributes to the consistent raspy sound...when he's angry, he sings in a way where he uses his entire body and a lot of force/energy to create the overdriven, raspy sound. 

1 minute ago, Original said:

Could someone plz link me to the set list and any video page?   Just waking up and tying to go back through this thread and can't find them.   Much thanks!

Alfie post d a compilation video in the pictures thread that is locked. There aren't long videos yet, only clips of a couple songs.

we are all waiting to see something better quality, more lenghty. So far nothing came up.

1 minute ago, sonofnazareth said:

as I said earlier, anger/rage also contributes to the consistent raspy sound...when he's angry, he sings in a way where he uses his entire body and a lot of force/energy to create the overdriven, raspy sound. 

This is fairly on point....however, I would contend the main reason his voice failed him a bit at the end was due to lack of energy or fatigue basically.   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kenan said:

So Axl and Slash together on stage after more than 20 years. Being friends again.

But hey, let's talk about Axl's Mickey Mouse singing, THAT is what's important here!

That's like getting a car with no wheels on it.  Hey, at least you got the car ! :blink:

13 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Where the fuck's the vids of ChiDem and Better :headbang:

There's no point bitching about the show either, the show was advertised as Axl+Slash+Duff and we got Axl+Slash+Duff

1 - Most people that were at the show will be asleep around now

2 - Security were very strict on 'no phones' - or recording devices of any kind. A few things have leaked, but they are thin on the ground. And I suspect even if anything else surfaces, they will be too. At least until anything official is put out there (assuming they put anything out officially - and if they do, all that will need to be edited & approved before release).

3 minutes ago, mikebones said:

Weird that there aren´t any videos or periscopes from people after the show reviewing the whole thing.

I don't think it's that weird. Consider that people a) stayed out all night the night before to get in line for tickets and b) were warned to leave phones at home and the show got out at.. what - after 2am local time? By the time people got out, got home, got their phones, etc they'd just want to catch up on some sleep. I suspect we'll start seeing reviews when people start waking up again.

Edited by Ulnar

Just now, Ulnar said:

2 - Security were very strict on 'no phones' - or recording devices of any kind. A few things have leaked, but they are thin on the ground. And I suspect even if anything else surfaces, they will be too. At least until anything official is put out there (assuming they put anything out officially - and if they do, all that will need to be edited & approved before release).

An "official bootleg" was all but confirmed, it's just a matter of time before that's out there; maybe as a Nightrain fan club exclusive

Maybe the GnR facebook/twitter will post something later today

Just now, Ulnar said:

Yep and while it was going on....the two main sources who had pics and video stopped posting anything after a couple songs.  It appeared on Periscope that people were getting tossed if they got caught with a phone.  So, my thought is we aren't going to see a whole more because even for those folks that were able to get a phone in, they either:

A - caught some stuff early and it's out there (and they quit capturing stuff for fear of getting tossed)

B - got busted at some point and have put their stuff up (but there could be a few more bits and pieces coming from this group of folks)

C- waited towards the end of the show to capture some stuff (so if they got tossed, they didn't miss much), went home to sleep and it may materialize shortly.

I would not expect a lot more honestly, but I could be wrong.  There was a couple dudes that got tossed and we heard them on Periscope say, "We got some killer video"....maybe they did and it will show up...or maybe they were drunk and went home. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

Maybe the GnR facebook/twitter will post something later today

I think they probably will, but like I say - any official footage taken will need editing & approving. If anything official comes out, my guess is it goes like this;

The film crew will be editing through the night (ie - like, now) and then they need to run it by the band (or at least management) and then it'll get released to news agencies / the web. I'd be surprised if we don't at least get a 30 second to a minute clip (that was all that was officially released to the public from the Led Zeppelin reunion until the official DVD release a few years after)

So great to see, reminds me of the good days, and I hope he does this more than sing for ACDC. Of course, in typical form, everyone's a critic and still has complaints. Axl sounded great from what I heard, he still has his voice intact. Cheers

4 minutes ago, Gackt said:

An "official bootleg" was all but confirmed

Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves - we saw evidence of an official film crew, yes - but there's no guarantee that's for public consumption. (I think we'll see some of it at some point, if I'm honest, but there's no point expecting anything! ;))

2 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves - we saw evidence of an official film crew, yes - but there's no guarantee that's for public consumption. (I think we'll see some of it at some point, if I'm honest, but there's no point expecting anything! ;))

There is professional filming in every single show of GnR since a long time

21 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

This is fairly on point....however, I would contend the main reason his voice failed him a bit at the end was due to lack of energy or fatigue basically.   

Gotta say I agree - the guy is in his 50s so it's a bit different now.

BUT I do have to wonder if this is also a case of Axl not rehearsing before the first gig for some unknown reason.

Still, not complaining.  From the bits I heard he sounded great for most it. 

Just now, tbignoto said:

There is professional filming in every single show of GnR since a long time

Yeah. Yeah, that too. Like I say, this might not be for public consumption, but just for the band. (I should have added 'like all the other ones' ;))