Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

This has been a badass and exciting experience, I've been lurking for years getting my GnR fixes and watching the butthurt from afar..... but I thought I'd say that the run up to the shows was so fun!

I so badly wanna hear some full songs, especially Slash's take on CD.... those verse licks are right up his street I reckon ;)

And for the upcoming shows..... Coma? Locomotive? and finally Axl singing Starlight would just blow me away.

Well done for all the fact finding! Dedication! \m/

Really enjoying reading everything about the show and the clips ive seen looks good I can't wait for clips of the full songs. It's time to get behind the band and enjoy the times to come it sounds like everyone is getting on great. It's never going to be like old days but there's no reason why it can't be close. New music would just top it all off. 

From all the clips I have seen Slash seemed to have very little energy. He just walked around like a zombie in all the clips I have seen. He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself or the music. Maybe that is due to the small stage. 

On the bright side, Axl sounds great, as does the music. Can't wait to see them in Nashville!

1 minute ago, Ultrastar said:

From all the clips I have seen Slash seemed to have very little energy. He just walked around like a zombie in all the clips I have seen. He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself or the music. Maybe that is due to the small stage. 

On the bright side, Axl sounds great, as does the music. Can't wait to see them in Nashville!

he had more energy in his days of drinking and taking other drugs. He's more of a professional these days. 

1 minute ago, Muddy said:

They should of gotten sorum to play drums, they need that anchor. Frank is talented but his feel and style don't work well with the songs...

I agree, but its their choice..and maybe we will learn to appreciate this version of the band over time. 

21 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Seeing Axl without the handlebar moustache sunglasses and stupid cowboy hat is great.makes him look infinitely better

I agree! I was just thinking yesterday that I wish he'd shave that thing off. Plus, I love the no hat look. Maybe people will shut up now about saying he is bald. (Like that really matters anyways).

Edited by KeeKat
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ultrastar said:

Yeah it's probably really awkward for him performing with GNR especially Axl again after so long... he needs to find his place and find a rhythm where he's comfortable. This is only the first of many shows to come...he will only get better from here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Muddy said:

They should of gotten sorum to play drums, they need that anchor. Frank is talented but his feel and style don't work well with the songs...

Apparently they all agree that NuGuns was good enough... They sucked people in with all this oldchool imagery but it is still NuGuns with Slash.. NuGuns didn't sound any different when Duff was there.

• Like 3

Great reading all the updates! Want to apologize for the Adler thing. It was a April fools prank by my friend Mike. He's not even a guns fan, his favorite band is blink 182!!!  He wasn't even in LA last night for work. Can anyone show me how to post a text msg?? Guess he just wanted to fuck with me.... Sorry guys. 

Not really surprised by Double Talkin Jive or Godfather, or New Rose and My Michelle. But Chi dem and Better was a shock. It kind of adds to the case that Slash could add parts to CD era material. Can't believe they played Chi dem before Jungle though. really want to hear Slash on Chi dem and Better. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Apparently they all agree that NuGuns was good enough... They sucked people in with all this oldchool imagery but it is still NuGuns with Slash.. NuGuns didn't sound any different when Duff was there.

slash is using again the silver jubilee amps, the same he used during the uyi era and snakepit...

it won't sound as nugnr.

Edited by supercool