Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

22 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

Someone please give me a rundown of every single that happened from beginning to end. Please list all pertinent documentation. Please post all video and audio at once. I will also need you to describe the concert in 1000 words or less. Thanks in advance.

I've read pretty much every page of this thread from beginning to end. It's been a long haul, but worth it. My wife and kids think I'm ignoring them. It's a shame you missed it all. I'm sure you'll catch up with a bit of work...

14 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Haha! Hes in good spirits then. Great :)

Yeah the guy in the periscope stream after the gig said that Axl fell and tore his jeans from the crotch but just kept singing and smiling, not giving a fuck 8)

You can see from this photo that his jeans are torn:
12891524_925213520924677_8157860129988681231_o.jpg

The same guy also told that there was definitely a good vibe between Axl and Slash and that Axl tried to goof around and interact with Slash but he was mostly trying to focus on his guitar playing. So yeah, overall mood seems to be excellent between the guys. And I for one welcome the female keyboard player along the trip. Should be interesting. Still a bit bummed out that no sight or mention of Steven or Izzy. Oh well, maybe they will pop up somewhere along the way. I'm super excited about this upcoming tour. Still shocked that this is actually happening. Been waiting for this for almost two decades...

Got back from the Troubadour like 20 minutes ago. Didn't have tickets, just came in to take pics, chat with the people, and try to see/hear interesting stuff. Pretty awesome vibe, despite some security and police being unnecessarily aggressive. After the show, got to see Slash hanging out with Norman Reedus (actor who plays Daryl in The Walking Dead.)

Caught some "Mr. Brownstone" walking in front of the Troub too, so I guess that was my first taste of reunited GnR.

All in all a nice night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

1. Nope

2. Doubt that

3. Yes. Axl even touched Slash's shoulders or "lean onto him".  It seemed that they had fun. All of the members smiled a lot (seriously i fell myself an ass for "report" this)

4. I've met pond slime with more stage personality than Pitman. The chick looks good, though:shrugs:

5. "This guy needs no introduction, but i introduce him anyway" - Axl about Slash, then Slash smiled

Fixed a little bit just to clear some things

2 minutes ago, DocArunas said:

Prolly just me, but from the videos I've seen so far, it seems like Slash and Axl did not even face each other during the show, you know, acting like shy lovers and all...

Takes time, esp after a fight. They did hug after the show according to reports. Next time, there will be more touching during songs, then full blown bromance!!!

Just now, batman007 said:

Thanks for all the info guys! I for one I'm glad they are going to be mixing in Chinese songs. And something you guys might give me crap about , I am glad there was no Steven up there! 

Not having Steven there is a positive sign because:
It means that there's a chance that this lineup will last. Steven is a great drummer, but he's a trainwreck. Frank seems like a stable guy (but I would've rather have Sorum)

1-It's So Easy
2-Mr. Brownstone
3-Chinese Democracy
4-Welcome to the Jungle
5-Double Talking Jive 
6-Live and Let Die
7-Rocket Queen
8-You Could Be Mine
9-Slash solo God Father theme
10-Sweet Child O' Mine
11-New Rose (The Damned cover)
12-Better
13-Knockin' on Heaven's Door
14-My Michelle
15-Nightrain
16-Paradise City

Remove the two Chinese turds and that is an almost perfect setlist. It is lean and mean. I love the fact there are no ballads there.

• Like 2

The FACT that Slash played on both Chinese Democracy AND Better makes me want to listen to those two tracks more than ever before.

Personally, I'd love to see both tracks recorded with Slash and Duff and tacked onto the end of a new greatest hits package! :-D

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

1-It's So Easy
2-Mr. Brownstone
3-Chinese Democracy
4-Welcome to the Jungle
5-Double Talking Jive 
6-Live and Let Die
7-Rocket Queen
8-You Could Be Mine
9-Slash solo God Father theme
10-Sweet Child O' Mine
11-New Rose (The Damned cover)
12-Better
13-Knockin' on Heaven's Door
14-My Michelle
15-Nightrain
16-Paradise City

Remove the two Chinese turds and that is an almost perfect setlist. It is lean and mean. I love the fact there are no ballads there.

SCOM is a ballad, but i get your point, although i doN't have a problem with CD tracks, but it was nice to keep the set as "fast and hard" as possible

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

People at Blabbermouth are bitching about Izzy and Adler. One comment says "Reunion my ass" or "How do you call it a reunion when 2/5 of your original lineup aren't there? More like a money grab.".

Well wtf why weren't they there?!?! It is kinda weird.. 

Edited by Billsfan

I'm too damn excited but also too busy to read through the thread right now so I have two quick questions:

1) Female keyboard player? What of Dizzy and Chris? Tell me we don't have a third keyboardist of all things.

2) What version of KOHD?

I'm actually pumped to hear Slash tear some CD a new one.